Paycom

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

There are a few steps involved in the interview process, but the recruiters do a great job of walking you through what is involved for each step. You know where you stand at each point, and each step gives you a look inside the company from a different angle. If you take advantage of it, the interview process gives you a great idea of whether this is the position for you before you take that leap from another employer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the person for this position over all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Customer Relations Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. She told me a bit more about the position, explained the training process and went over benefits and starting salary along with commission structure. We set up a time for a phone interview with a hiring manager. In total the interview lasted around 45 minutes. Standard interview questions were asked. The person interviewing me didn't have a copy of my resume nor had ever seen it, despite including it on the online application. I feel like it was a bit awkward explaining all my work experience over the phone in this way. The manager concluded the interview by explaining that the company doesn't simply hire to fill the role, but seeks out only the best candidates. "I'm not hiring anyone unless I believe they will be the best CRR in the Northeast." At this point, I felt it was safe to assume she did not feel this way about me. I received an email from the recruiter one week later thanking me for my time and that the company pursued other applicants.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom.

The Paycom recruiter emailed me regarding what to expect for the face-to face interview in Portland, OR, which I was told not to bring anything. The manager interviewing me was double booked and had me sit in the conference room so he could print my resume. When it came to making regular conversation he was a great guy to talk to, but in the interview process I was bombarded with questions. I understand that this is an executive position. However, it seemed like her had pre-planned questions instead of asking me questions about my answers. One question was, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" I said I would like to be an account executive for Paycom. After driving 50 minutes for an interview, this meeting lasted 15 minutes because he pictured me as an an "Account executive." Apparently they didn't like ambition

Manager Interview

Recruiter reaches out for a phone interview and then sends a data entry style test to get speed and accuracy benchmark. On site interview is done with a supervisor level then passed for a final interview. Drug test and background checks are the final step. Extremely thorough and challenging but overall a great experience. Recruiter did a great job of walking me through what to expect which each step of the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer Paycom that others who have applied for the job don't? Why should we offer you the job? Why are you leaving your current employer? What is the most challenging customer service experience you have encountered this year?   Answer Question

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

My interview was scheduled for 2pm and I was asked to arrive about 10 minutes early. Upon arrival, I was greeted and offered a drink. I was then introduced to a few employees. I was told I would be taking the Wonderlic exam, and then began my webcam interview. I had my initial interview with one manager and he had another interview me as well via webcam. They asked typical interview questions, both were very easy to converse with and not too harsh by any means. Overall a really good experience. Lasted about an hour and a half including the exam and both interviews. I have a final interview tomorrow with one more manager and I'm hoping to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is something people think upon meeting you that is untrue?   Answer Question
    • What three characteristics would your boss use to describe you?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question
    I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about the position. She informed me of the position and asked if I was still interested. We set up an interview at the office in Vienna, VA a few days later. Beforehand, I had to take a personality test. The interview started with a 12 minute math reasoning test. They had word problems dealing with basic arithmetic, and a lot of word association. Pretty simple. I scored a 34/50.

Then I interviewed with the manager of the office and the TSR manager for the region via GoToMeeting. The questions were pretty standard. They offered me the job the next day. Then they required a background check and a drug test. With that out of the way, I'm not awaiting confirmation on my flight to OKC for the 6-week training program. The entire process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • None, really. If you've been on a decent number of interviews, you'll be prepared.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The interview process at Paycom was very extensive! They really only hire the best of the best to work for them! I had 3 offers on the table while interviewing with Paycom, and I still chose Paycom.

The first step was a face to face interview with the Austin sales manager, it was about 30-35 minutes.
    The second step was the prospecting step. I came in for a half morning from 8am-12:00pm and was able to meet the entire team and work 1 on 1 with the Austin sales manager. I jumped on the phones and started dialing in to companies to set up a time to drop off some information. I was told I needed to set 3 appointments, which I did! I loved this step because I was able to see, first hand exactly what I was getting myself in to. The culture of the Austin office was incredible! I came in and the sales professional there were so welcoming and willing to help me out. It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this great company.
    The final step was an interview with the regional VP, which was conducting via GoTo meeting. The final step lasted about 35 minutes as well.

My Paycom recruiter called me a few minutes after I left the office to check in with me and let me know she was offering me a position with Paycom. I couldn't have made it through the process without the help of my recruiter! Anytime I had a question, it was answered immediately and she was rooting for me the entire time! Very grateful to have been offered a position with Paycom.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

There is something up with this company that is very wrong somewhere....! I read in one of the reviews from someone that was in the office, that they don't seem to hire people over 30. Maybe this is the case. The people in HR seem to screen you OUT instead of in. They use a very exclusive process (as opposed to inclusive) based on metrics that are obviously illegal -- but you cannot prove. The HR person didn't even take the time to call me back and when I contacted the sales manager directly, he seemed just as uptight close-minded and in the box as the rest of the gang! I could feel energetically this was NOT a match and I am glad I was not even called to waste my time any further with this company! They advertise for the SAME position, over, and over and over again! That should indicate something!

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Phone interview w recruiter and then multiple interviews with sales managers in person and via video conference. The in person interview was with the sales manager and then there was a video conference interview.

Offered a ride along but declined to continue the interview process based on the 1st and 2nd interview. Their sales office is newer in Denver, seemed as though high turnover which is why they were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you would be a good fit for the organization over another applicant... Why do you think this is the right company for you? The first year is do or die, are you willing to put all of your time into the job the first year to build your accounts?   Answer Question