Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2015

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward sales interview, I enjoyed it very much. Make sure you learn about them and like what you hear. They WANT you to do well in the interview, but simply want to be sure that you're sure.

1. Recruiter sent Linkedin message
2. Interview with hiring manager
3. Appointment setting- MUST set three appointments in three hours
4. Webcam interview with exec.
5. Offer emailed, drug screen, driving history, references called

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you leaving your employer?
    2. Why do you want to work here?
    3. [Ask for and respond to objections/hesistations]
    4. You must CLOSE the "sale"- leave with the next step scheduled

1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Pay is very competitive. Full benefits.

May 28, 2015Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview story!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom in April 2015.

Interview

This was the strangest interview I have ever been a part of. When my interviewer saw that I had a list of several questions prepared, he stopped interviewing me and had me just ask my questions. He then proceeded to dodge most of them. When I asked about the characteristics of management in the company, his response was, "Why would you need to know that? What if I was the worst manager in the country but you could still pay cash for a Range Rover?" Well, then I'd be an unhappy person in a pointless car. It made me very uneasy. He asked several other questions around that theme, "What if you were constantly micromanaged but made 200k?" "What if I was a great mentor but you could only make 70k?"

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best performer on the worst team or a middle performer on the best team?   2 Answers

Jun 16, 2015Representative

We appreciate all feedback, and will use this as a means to improve the interview processes. Also, this is not the norm, as our managers are trained on best practices. We are sorry they were not ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

It wasn't too difficult. You just need to relate your past sales experience. They are looking for aggression and grit. You need to convey that you will stick with it no matter what. You then have an onsite interview and you have to set 3 appointments from 9 until noon. If you can do that you get to the final interview with the vp.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Introduced to Paycom by recruiting agency. Process included phone screen, interview with Sales Manager, four hours cold calling, and a final interview with VP. They look for you to show resolve when cold calling, don't set down the phone and be ready to overcome a lot of objections.

Interview Questions

I gage the value a company places on their people by their willingness to negotiate an offer. I asked for an additional $3k and a fully paid phone (they only offer $25/month credit). Paycom was unwilling to negotiate anything. Additionally, I do not like the idea of using my own vehicle as transportation to/from appointments. I was initially prepared to except an offer, but the negotiation process was red flag. If a company won't fight to get you on their team than it isn't a place you should want to work.

Mar 30, 2015Representative

In order to remain fair, negotiating an increase in the base salary and certain perks are not part of our process. This ensures that everyone is treated the same, with fairness. We do have one of the ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a head hunter who contacted me. Brief phone screening to see if you would potentially be a good fit. Met with the branch manager who interviewed me for about an hour. Asked me to come back for a phone canvassing session. Came in at 8 and worked until 12. You need to get 3 confirmed appointments. Was able to accomplish this. Came back for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How are you different than other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to play golf?   1 Answer

Feb 26, 2015Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter about the position. She was extremely enthusiastic about how perfect I was for the position. Had one phone interview that went very well and was then asked to come in for a more formal interview. Normal interview, nothing too exciting or difficult. The thing that made this experience so horrible was how unprofessional they were following the interview. They said they were excited to set up the next interview with me and thought that I would be a great fit. Both the recruiter and the company fell off the planet afterwards. Not a single email, phone call, anything. Extremely rude.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015Representative

We know communication is important while job searching, and we apologize for your experience. All feedback is appreciated and your situation is being addressed. Your time is valued, and we wish you ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me the next day. She was very pushy that she wanted me to interview quickly with the Vice President. The interview was scheduled for two days later at 7:30 in the morning. I sat around and waited for my phone to ring, no call, no email, nothing. Finally, that afternoon, I emailed my recruiter and apparently the person I was supposed to be interviewed with "forgot". A time was rescheduled, however once again the person never called, nor did the recruiter follow up. I ended up accepting an offer with another company the same day. I'm happy I dodged a bullet of working for such an unprofessional and disorganized company.

Feb 6, 2015Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand. If you have any further comments concerning this incident, please connect ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin and instead of setting me up on a call with herself, the hiring sales manager in the Boston office called me instead. I was caught off guard with the bypass of the recruiter, but the sales manager insisted because he was so impressed with my resume. We hit it off over the phone, he seemed like a real down to earth guy that was easy to get along with and he invited me into the office the next night. Once I got there, I sat down across from the hiring sales manager and also a tenured rep on his team. The sales manager did not look up from my resume once the entire interview. He grilled me on every little aspect of my resume; why I had a month in between jobs, why I didn't pursue a professional job immediately out of school, etc. He asked some real fluffy questions, too, such as, "who is your biggest role model" and "what motivates you in life?" Was that guy seriously going to decide whether to hire me or not based off questions like that? When I finally got the opportunity to ask some questions, I asked the hiring manager if he had any reservations about hiring me. He said he was disappointed that I didn't have a professional job secured right out of college and that he only wants to hire people who are 100% gun ho perusing sales. I guess taking two small jobs after college to figure out what you want to do is not taken lightly at Paycom.

Interview Questions

• Are you intrinsically or extrinsically motivated?   1 Answer

Feb 6, 2015Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not the norm in any of our offices across the nation. Thank you for your comments and we wish you the best in future endeavors.