Pearson Interview Questions

2.9

Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pearson in February 2011.

Had 'behavioural based' interview type questions - e.g. describe a time when you performed a repetitive task, and made a amistake and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had difficulty working with a co-worker and how you resolved the problem.   View Answer
    they were great about pushing a start date back to a time that was suitable for me - made me feel like they were super keen for me to start and no questions about hiring me!

Enrollement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

First phone screening by the recruiter, he then brings you in for an "open house session" as they call it. I can admit I was a bit nervous. As I sat down with 3 different managers for the position. This was my first time doing a group interview session. Very intense process ,unfortunately I did not get the position.

Test Center Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

apply online. initial phone screening interview. onsite interview with one up manager (regional) although that interview may be a phone interview as well. My interview was over the phone with a recruiter, then with the test center manager and regional manager on a conference call. I was hired sight unseen.

Interview Questions
    • most questions center around honesty and integrity, customer service.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Spoke with recruiter, who guided me through the process of submitting my resume via their website. Met with SVP, Director, Hiring Manager, and Principal during interview process. Interview process was pretty straight forward, relying more on explaining my past experience and what I had direct work experience with versus asking a lot of direct technical questions to test my knowledge. The recruiter was my primary point of contact coordinating the entire process, but didn't know/understand much about the actual role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was overly difficult or unexpected. It was one of the most straightforward interviews I've had.   Answer Question
    I did not push hard to negotiate, which I wish I had. The recruiter seemed very firm on pretty much everything being non-negotiable, but later found out others had been able to negotiate additional vacation time, etc.

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

After a phone interview and a few emails, a face to face was quickly arranged. They wanted to fill the position rather quickly. When finally had an in person interview, was not told it would be with more than one person in the room.

Interview Questions
    • "When did you graduate college?" When this is the first question of the interview, following handshakes, you should walk away. This is just a ploy to find out how old you are. If you are over 40, or have an extensive resume only showing the last 10 years but are obviously a "seasoned" worker, I, and several labor attorneys find this very inappropriate.   Answer Question

Position In Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Online application lead to a phone interview with hiring manager and the HR manager. Following the phone call I had two in person, panel interviews. Each contained a variety of people who touch the role; the final interview included senior executives.

Interview Questions
    Short. They inquired about my range and beat my expectations.

Pearson Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

HR very helpful. I applied online and in a few days I got a call. Bachelor's degree required.

I didn't negotiate.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

It was a few rounds. With a HR first and then with the hiring manager and the vertical heals. The HR had little understanding of the job, so their questions did not make sense. The hiring manager really wanted to hire someone fast so he was answering his own questions after he (probably) felt I was the right candidate. The vertical head knew that I came from a similar background (industry experience) so most of the questions were behavioural.

1st offer I got was less than what i was making

Warehouse Assistant Supervisor Interview

I met with a recruiter at Purdue University. They scheduled a phone interview, where they ask about your major, experience, and aspirations (standard interview questions). A campus interview followed this with similar questions. I was then asked to attend an on-site interview at their Lebanon warehouse. It was a panel interview with Supervisor from each department. Each Supervisor took turns telling about themselves and their departments and asking about my experiences in my previous jobs and leadership positions. I was then emailed an offer letter from the HR recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help lead an motivate your employees in an environment, in which they know the warehouse will be closing at the end of the year?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson in August 2014.

Was contacted soon after applying online for this position. I had an initial 30 minute phone conversation with the regional sales manager and received an email the next day to come in for an in person interview. I was under the impression this would be with more than one person, but it was the same person I spoke to on the phone. The only thing we did in the interview was a "resume walk through", where I was asked to explain every detail on my resume, including why I accepted (and left) every job I'd had. I did not receive any follow up after this interview, though I was advised to expect at least 2 more steps in the process. 4-5 interviews seemed a bit excessive to me for this position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked twice was my college GPA was. I really didn't think this was relevant, given that I graduated 10 years ago and had 10 years of relevant work experience to show.   Answer Question