Pearson Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

2.9

Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pearson (Melbourne) in February 2011.

Interview

Had 'behavioural based' interview type questions - e.g. describe a time when you performed a repetitive task, and made a amistake and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had difficulty working with a co-worker and how you resolved the problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they were great about pushing a start date back to a time that was suitable for me - made me feel like they were super keen for me to start and no questions about hiring me!

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Tappan, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson (Old Tappan, NJ (US)).

Interview

Pretty much a standard interview, I went to the job location, was asked a series of standard questions, took maybe a hour, and then i was told they would be in touch. About a week later I was hired.

Scorer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

At the time I worked at Pearson they placed and ad in the paper and online, you are required to have a Bachelor's degree, then after you applied you would receive and email with what to do next, and met with the HR Manager on site, bringing in your IDs, degree, etc, had undergo background checks and told when the position would begin.

Interview Questions

• Interview process pretty easy, they reviewed your resume asked few basic questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward; the usual technical aptitude questions and standard people skills questions. The Hiring process, however, took what seemed like forever. They do a thorough background check and this process can take a very long time.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I interviewed with the Editorial Assistant currently in the role, the project/program managers on the team, and the editors I'd support. I had to come in to the office for the interview. The process took about 3 hours as there were quite a number of people I met that day.

Pearson - Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I sent my resume and was prompltly called back for a phone interview then an in person interview. During the interview I met with the area and the regional manager as well as with another sales rep. It was casual yet professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a competitive person? If so, give us an example of it in your everyday life.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

The entire process seems very disorganized and takes way too long. They expect you to interview for several hours at a time, which is hard when you have a full time job.

Interview Questions

I was offered another job and accepted.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Process is exceedingly Slow, SLOW, S.L.O.W... unresponsive. Executives late to meetings. Executives unprepared, had not even read resume prior to video conference interview. No response to Thank You notes. Lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers asked routine, rudimentary questions, almost seemed distracted or maybe uninterested...possibly just a necessary external interview when an internal candidate was already selected?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process can be fast or slow depending on the people you're working with. I was lucky to work with competent reps who had me at the project round just a few weeks after initially submitting my application online. I would have pursued the opportunity further, if only to interact with the reps again, but an opportunity closer to my skill set appeared before I could complete the project round.

Interview Questions

• You'll be tasked with acting as a pseudo-representative and visiting a college or university of your choice in order to gauge the textbook/software situation at that institution, after which you'll write a brief report on how you would employ Pearson's solutions there.   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who'd seen my resume floating around and she connected me with the Editor I came to work for. The interviewing process was seamless--they were both very impressed with previous editorial experience. The editor was unexpectedly enthusiastic about previous sales experience, as he felt EAs should transition into sales positions.

Interview Questions

• The editor I interviewed with was very interested in previous sales experience, almost trying to sell me on a Sales career before I entered Editorial.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little wiggle room as far as compensation packages go.