Pearson Interview Questions

2.9

Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pearson in February 2011.

Had 'behavioural based' interview type questions - e.g. describe a time when you performed a repetitive task, and made a amistake and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had difficulty working with a co-worker and how you resolved the problem.   View Answer
    they were great about pushing a start date back to a time that was suitable for me - made me feel like they were super keen for me to start and no questions about hiring me!

Position In Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Online application lead to a phone interview with hiring manager and the HR manager. Following the phone call I had two in person, panel interviews. Each contained a variety of people who touch the role; the final interview included senior executives.

Interview Questions
    Short. They inquired about my range and beat my expectations.

Pearson Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pearson.

HR very helpful. I applied online and in a few days I got a call. Bachelor's degree required.

I didn't negotiate.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

It was a few rounds. With a HR first and then with the hiring manager and the vertical heals. The HR had little understanding of the job, so their questions did not make sense. The hiring manager really wanted to hire someone fast so he was answering his own questions after he (probably) felt I was the right candidate. The vertical head knew that I came from a similar background (industry experience) so most of the questions were behavioural.

1st offer I got was less than what i was making

Warehouse Assistant Supervisor Interview

I met with a recruiter at Purdue University. They scheduled a phone interview, where they ask about your major, experience, and aspirations (standard interview questions). A campus interview followed this with similar questions. I was then asked to attend an on-site interview at their Lebanon warehouse. It was a panel interview with Supervisor from each department. Each Supervisor took turns telling about themselves and their departments and asking about my experiences in my previous jobs and leadership positions. I was then emailed an offer letter from the HR recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help lead an motivate your employees in an environment, in which they know the warehouse will be closing at the end of the year?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson in August 2014.

Was contacted soon after applying online for this position. I had an initial 30 minute phone conversation with the regional sales manager and received an email the next day to come in for an in person interview. I was under the impression this would be with more than one person, but it was the same person I spoke to on the phone. The only thing we did in the interview was a "resume walk through", where I was asked to explain every detail on my resume, including why I accepted (and left) every job I'd had. I did not receive any follow up after this interview, though I was advised to expect at least 2 more steps in the process. 4-5 interviews seemed a bit excessive to me for this position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked twice was my college GPA was. I really didn't think this was relevant, given that I graduated 10 years ago and had 10 years of relevant work experience to show.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

The process took three weeks. There was a phone interview and two rounds . One with hr and other with director.They only hired for three positions out of 29 people.Apparently why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions wasn't difficult but be very honest and research about the company before you go.   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harlow, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

Two stage process; phone screening interview (~50 mins) followed by face to face interview, including a skills test (total ~2.5 hrs). Interviews had standard questions, CV review, giving examples of being in a team, leading a team, disputes, any problems, dealing with deadlines, etc. Technical task involved demonstrating how you would analyse a dataset using Excel only.

Very comfortable interview process, friendly environment.

No negotiation.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pearson.

5 interviews with teammates and Director. Individual meetings with each. Overall basic questions for each team outing their responsibility and how they would work with the PR/Community Manager. Nothing out of the order. Would ask to pitch a specific product or give examples of past media/community work. Successes/ challenges of past work.

Interview Questions
    Able to go back and negotiate to an even better offer than initially offered.

Temporary Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Two interviews, one was an initial phone interview, asking basic questions such as my name and how serious I was about the position. In the second interview, I was asked several behavioral questions.

They ended up giving more then originally planned.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!