Pearson

2.9

Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pearson in February 2011.

Had 'behavioural based' interview type questions - e.g. describe a time when you performed a repetitive task, and made a amistake and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had difficulty working with a co-worker and how you resolved the problem.   View Answer
    they were great about pushing a start date back to a time that was suitable for me - made me feel like they were super keen for me to start and no questions about hiring me!

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

I was contacted by a recruiter who'd seen my resume floating around and she connected me with the Editor I came to work for. The interviewing process was seamless--they were both very impressed with previous editorial experience. The editor was unexpectedly enthusiastic about previous sales experience, as he felt EAs should transition into sales positions.

Interview Questions
    • The editor I interviewed with was very interested in previous sales experience, almost trying to sell me on a Sales career before I entered Editorial.   Answer Question
    There was very little wiggle room as far as compensation packages go.

Software Development Interview

First round is phone interview. The guy asked several questions about Java features and my resume. The second round is onsite. I was still asked question on my resume. Nothing too weird or difficult.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in December 2014.

The hiring and interview process was well-structured. More specifically, I was contacted by an HR Representative who conducted my first over the phone interview, I received an email congratulating me on a successful phone screening interview and provided me details in regard to the second in-person interview, after the interview I was contacted via telephone to discuss my potential job offer. Overall, I was impressed with Pearson's professionalism. I cant wait to start!

Interview Questions
    • How will you utilize your professional and educational success to help Pearson continue to be a leader in the Education Industry?   Answer Question
    Any great relationship is founded on compromise. Be willing to compromise salary for the opportunity to work for a great company. Bottom line: the salary is more than competitive within the industry.

Sales Representative Interview

Hard to reach people within the company. Never heard response after second interview. The interview process was lengthy. It took over three months when it was all said and done.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Phone interview followed by a in person interview. Direct manager was located in different state. Never met her face-to-face until after being hired. Met with the VP. The interview process was straight to the point. No fluff.

Interview Questions
    There is an option to negotiate.

Recruiter Interview

My interview process although long and intensive was a positive experience. I spoke with 2 people on the phone prior to coming into the office where I met with 4 people over the course of my day here. Everyone was nice, honest and really passionate about the job. My process started via an online posting and I was contacted from there by a local representative.

Interview Questions
    • How I felt about changing pace and working in a new environment.   Answer Question
    I provided a dollar figure and from there received a call back as to whether or not they could accommodate my desired number.

Pearson Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Terrible phone interview process. I was contact after I applied online on their corporate website (directed to by our university). The recruiter calls right on the clock, which was good, but she asked me NOTHING about myself. I thought she would have called to discuss my backgrounds and fit with the company, but she was uninterested. Do they hire just anyone? Her first question asked about what I knew about the company and delved into the oddest behavioral questions ever. No responses to my emails and just a generic rejection email couple days later. Couldnt even ask for feedback because she just cut me off.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Software Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

3 rounds 1 HR 1 technical 1 onsite. HR would ask basic questions on your resume. Technical would be through google hangouts. Basic programming and logical questions. Question on Pseudocode. Last round would be onsite, just to assess your personality and provide you with offer