Penske

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Hayward, CA (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Penske.

Interview Details Interviewed by a senior operations manager and then by a panel of 3 including an area GM. Nothing truly unexpected. Very professional.

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. They made an offer and that was it.

Engineering Logistics Intern Interview

Beachwood, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Penske in May 2013.

Interview Details My university contacted with HR people in Penske in Beachwood, OH. The director of our program sent all of our resumes to the project manager, and he picked four people to have the interview. I was chosen, and I got the summer internship. It's just three months, and the work environment was pretty good.

Interview Question – What's your favorite course? What's your project? Why do you think you fit this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Logistics Analyst
Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Penske in February 2010.

Interview Details One phone interview, followed by a round table interview with Project mgr, Senior analyst, General mgr and additional senior analysts very informative and grueling questions but all in all a professional and quick interview.

Interview Question – What previous skills do you bring to the logistics table?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation just one offer of $41,000.00

Human Resources Intern Interview

Allentown, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penske in March 2013.

Interview Details Two interviewers were in the room and they asked standard behavioral interview questions. They spent much of the interview selling the internship. Offered 16$ an hour salary, but without complimentary housing or relocation assistance.

Interview Question – No technical interview questions. They do ask how much excel experience you have but that apparently is not a dealbreaker for them.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Penske

Interview Details Get the position information from networking and then followed four interview. The first two were with the financial people and then with the direct manager.

Interview Question – The direct manager asked couple question on the understanding of basic supply chain logic. Like reduce a day in the ordering process will affect what party of the company.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Penske in March 2011.

Interview Details General interviews consisting of traditional, and behavior based questioning.

Interview Question – Talk to me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult manager and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, but be realistic

Logistics Analyst
Laredo, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Penske in March 2012.

Interview Details Recruiter was clear on the questions which included past experience and scenarios.

Interview Question – What was your past experience in presenting a proposal to a CEO or Executive Level company representative   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Penske in January 2008.

Interview Details Phone Interview was pretty thorough and onsite interviews were pretty elaborate but good.

Interview Question – What is a stealth bomber?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Fairfield, CT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penske in June 2009.

Interview Details Dropped off resume and met with HR Dir. briefly. No jobs available. 3 months later, HR Dir. called me to offer me current job. Met with HR mgr once, HR mgr & office manager once, HR mgr, office mgr and position supervisor once. Then offered job and hired.

Interview Question – regarding resume   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an additional $1.00 per hour from their original offer.

Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penske in January 2009.

Interview Details A panel of 5 pears and managers interviewed me, starting with "tell me about yourself", followed by behavioral questions....strenghts, weaknesses, stressful situation and how handled, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Penske? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Penske interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Penske employees and interview candidates.