Pfizer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Pfizer in November 2009.

Interview Details Outsourced to recruitment company

Interview Question – Had to undertake a written assignment. Wasnt hard but was very time consuming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Protracted, but very happy with outcome

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Professional Sales Representative
Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2012.

Interview Details Very fast and efficient process. From first interview to offer of employment (with a second interview in between), it was around 2 weeks total.
I had no sales experience, so a large amount of both interviews consisted of questioning me rigorously as to whether I understood the nature of a sales role, and if I understood what a pharmaceutical sales role consisted of.

The interview consisted of a lot of competency based questions. Examples include:
Tell me about a time when you:
- demonstrated teamwork
- had a conflict with a coworker, and how did you resolve it.
- had to influence someone's decisions
- achieved a project.

Answers were advised to be in the STAR format:
1. Situation
2. Task
3. Action
4. Result

Interview Question – It was the first question, and caught me off guard. In retrospect it was an obvious answer. The question is, what is the role truly about. Answers may include relationship building, helping patients achieve a better quality of life, or something along those lines, but these answers are wrong.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. There was no salary negotiation, just an offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2010.

Interview Details Recruitment was part of a global acquisition process, mainly informal meetings were used for selection of senior manager candidates during the acquisition period, thereafter a thorough mapping process through external consultants and global human resources took place

Negotiation Details – through acquisition, no negotiations

Assistant Scientist Interview

Assistant Scientist

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details I applied online to a job posting and was contacted a few weeks later. I went through a phone screen, then two weeks later had another phone screen. I was not offered an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Really just went right through the resume you submitted to get more information on your experiences   Answer Question

Research Scientist I Interview

Research Scientist I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in May 2013.

Interview Details It was difficult but fair. It was a phone interview,following a 1;1 interview, following panel interview, following 1:1 inteview again. I would say that it was hard to interview because I didnt have specific experience but I tried my best. It was a good learning experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details I applied for the intern position through my program's graduate center and was contacted via email to set up a phone screen within three weeks. A few days after completing the phone screen I was called back to set up two onsite interviews. The interviews were fairly standard and simple.

Interview Question – Fairly standard questions about requisite experience as well as scenario based questions   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Interview

Senior Administrative

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details Very stringent interview processes but it prepares you well for other large corporations. It really makes it easier to interview with smaller companies that don't have such strict and stringent interview processes.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant/Contractor Interview

Consultant/Contractor
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details Heard of opportunity. Pitched capabilities. Was interviewed by 4 different people. Were curious about my past history although it didn't relate to industry. Several interviewers seemed distracted. It wasn't what I expected. They seemed happy to accept the recommendation of the colleague that brought me in.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with a Board of Directos?   Answer Question

Medical Writer Interview

Medical Writer

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in July 2014.

Interview Details Saw the position online and then sent my materials in-person and it took one week to get feedback. Got a phone interview July 2014. The phone interview lasts for approximately 15 min followed by an email attaching a 1.5 hour test, mainly about medical writing things. The phone interview was quit common, asking some information of background education, courses taken in college, why interested in this job and work experience.

Interview Question – The 1.5 hour test needs professional medical knowledge and writing skills.   Answer Question

Medical Writer Specialist Interview

Medical Writer Specialist
Collegeville, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Interview Details Three people on the conference call, supposed to be lasting for 30 min and going over the job reqs, respon, etc. There was hardly any time to get a clear picture of what they are looking for. They do want to recruit someone not to do writing, but to manage CRO writers from outside.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!