Pfizer

Updated 27 Jan 2015

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in February 2012.

Very fast and efficient process. From first interview to offer of employment (with a second interview in between), it was around 2 weeks total.
    I had no sales experience, so a large amount of both interviews consisted of questioning me rigorously as to whether I understood the nature of a sales role, and if I understood what a pharmaceutical sales role consisted of.

The interview consisted of a lot of competency based questions. Examples include:
    Tell me about a time when you:
    - demonstrated teamwork
    - had a conflict with a coworker, and how did you resolve it.
    - had to influence someone's decisions
    - achieved a project.

Answers were advised to be in the STAR format:
    1. Situation
    2. Task
    3. Action
    4. Result

Interview Questions
    • It was the first question, and caught me off guard. In retrospect it was an obvious answer. The question is, what is the role truly about. Answers may include relationship building, helping patients achieve a better quality of life, or something along those lines, but these answers are wrong.   View Answer
    No negotiation. There was no salary negotiation, just an offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in November 2009.

Outsourced to recruitment company

Interview Questions
    • Had to undertake a written assignment. Wasnt hard but was very time consuming.   Answer Question
    Protracted, but very happy with outcome

Commercial Operations Interview

Pretty run of the mill - people always have the appearance of being too busy and too important. But once you scratch the surface, what they are doing is not all that hard or challenging. You're interviewing someone and subsequently being the face of your company - tone it down - Pfizer is not a secret society or high end golf club.

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill questions - mainly situation analysis, for example 'Give me an example of when you have to manage stakeholder expectations? '

Most difficult question - It is a question that I asked the Pfizer manager interviewing me, 'Do you feel that your skills have grown during your tenure at Pfizer that subsequently allows you to be much more valuable player at other Pharma companies or in other industries?'

Answer Question

Culture

Engineering Coop Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pfizer.

The process was very easy. I was interviewed by three senior managers from the department that I applied. They were very friendly and nice. The hiring process took a little bit long, but I love to work there. It was such nice experience.

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

The hiring manager started the Initial interview. Nothing unexpected. Asked about my past projects, my PhD thesis, and career plan in the next five year. The questions about my research were very technical.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Was called by plant HR who scheduled the on site interview. Interview consisted of three back to back 45 minute interviews with various MFG. managers. Mostly behavioral questions and a few bio process questions involving bio-reactors and elementary process questions. Went on a brief plant tour and was very impressed with the site. Received offer 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between a chemostat and turbidostat.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pfizer.

attended ashp midyear. using their pps system, I went through 3 rounds of interviews followed by a reception. The conversation was extremely pressure free as if we were longtime friends. the fellows and preceptors were extremely nice. I felt welcome and already part of the team

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when things didnt go your way and you had to make a sudden change   View Answer

Global Procurement Senior Specialist, Cambridge, Mass Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in December 2014.

I applied for the position in early October. The Monday before Thanksgiving, I was received an email request for a phone screen, which took place the day before Thanksgiving. That went well, and I was asked in for an in person interview taking place about two weeks later. The interview was conducted in a two person meeting room. I was told that three other candidates were also being interviewed in other meeting rooms, and the interviewers were moving between the rooms.

The interview questions consisted entirely of work related questions, and they were entirely of the "tell me about a time when you..." variety. I met with 6 people across 4 hours, and I was taken to lunch in the cafeteria in the lobby level by the hiring manager and a potential colleague.

The interviews went well, and I was asked back to meet the VP for an informal discussion over coffee in the Starbucks in the lobby. He chose not to ask any interview style questions, but instead we had a freewheeling somewhat directionless conversation. I wasn't prepared for this, and were I faced with the same situation again, I would be sure to have a few points in mind that I wanted to emphasize. The meeting was supposed to be 30 minutes, but last an hour, and it was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three things that you are best at doing?   View Answer

Finance Interview

One on-site interview, the manager talked my past work experience and gave me an office tour. They wan to know you schedule and how you want to work with the company. If you are really interested in the life science industry, it will be a big plus.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in November 2014.

Applied online, but contact to hiring manager through contacts got things rolling. Phone interview with hiring manager and members of the team. Invitation to an on-site interview two weeks later, consisting of a talk and meetings with groups one or two people throughout the entire day (14 meetings total!). Collection of internal and external references the next 2 weeks. Great: received detailed feedback to what the references said.

Interview Questions
    • Design an optimal therapy approach if you had unlimited resources.   Answer Question