Pfizer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Pfizer in November 2009.

Interview Details Outsourced to recruitment company

Interview Question – Had to undertake a written assignment. Wasnt hard but was very time consuming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Protracted, but very happy with outcome

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Professional Sales Representative
Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2012.

Interview Details Very fast and efficient process. From first interview to offer of employment (with a second interview in between), it was around 2 weeks total.
I had no sales experience, so a large amount of both interviews consisted of questioning me rigorously as to whether I understood the nature of a sales role, and if I understood what a pharmaceutical sales role consisted of.

The interview consisted of a lot of competency based questions. Examples include:
Tell me about a time when you:
- demonstrated teamwork
- had a conflict with a coworker, and how did you resolve it.
- had to influence someone's decisions
- achieved a project.

Answers were advised to be in the STAR format:
1. Situation
2. Task
3. Action
4. Result

Interview Question – It was the first question, and caught me off guard. In retrospect it was an obvious answer. The question is, what is the role truly about. Answers may include relationship building, helping patients achieve a better quality of life, or something along those lines, but these answers are wrong.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. There was no salary negotiation, just an offer.

Sales Executive Interview

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2013.

Interview Details 3 stages
1. Telephone - this is to test your communication skills
2. Recruiter and Hiring Manager
3. Senior Manager

Interview Question – Questions that are Gen Y related   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very flexible in terms of negotiation

Senior Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details Submitted resume through networking to a senior level manager and was sent an interview request. Interviewed with senior director, three functional managers, and HR recruiter.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary.

R&D Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details Pfizer hires intern/ student part-timer thru contracting agency even if one apply there directly. As an intern, my supervisor and the entire team was very nice and patient in getting me up to speed. I learn a lot and am very grateful for the experience.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pfizer in June 2010.

Interview Details went through an agency 3 different times, got job of fourth try. Difficult

Interview Question – since this was to be a temp position with no hopes of a permanent job, it makes no sense as to why they ask where I expect to be in 5 years.   View Answer

R & D Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details the process wasn't too bad. 30 minute interview just talking about my background. know your research experience and everything on your resume related to that pretty well. it honestly depends on who is interviewing to decide what level of knowledge you need to have. just be yourself and show interest and excitement regardless of what you know already.

Interview Question – nothing really, you should know what's coming if you know your background well enough and what about it is most relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2010.

Interview Details Initial contact was established through a current employee, where I submitted a resume. One interview took place roughly a month after initial contact. The PI I interviewed with was friendly and engaged.

Interview Question – After describing the research problem their group was trying to tackle (with which I had no experience), the PI asked how I would approach the problem   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone screen, group interview. STAR questions.

Interview Question – What would your peers say or how would they describe you after training?   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details Through recruiter, had one phone interview and one on-site interview

Interview Question – Behavior questions and examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No much negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pfizer

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer interview questions and advice. All 184 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Pfizer employees and interview candidates.