Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Pfizer in November 2009.

Outsourced to recruitment company

Interview Questions
    • Had to undertake a written assignment. Wasnt hard but was very time consuming.   Answer Question
    Protracted, but very happy with outcome

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in February 2012.

Very fast and efficient process. From first interview to offer of employment (with a second interview in between), it was around 2 weeks total.
    I had no sales experience, so a large amount of both interviews consisted of questioning me rigorously as to whether I understood the nature of a sales role, and if I understood what a pharmaceutical sales role consisted of.

The interview consisted of a lot of competency based questions. Examples include:
    Tell me about a time when you:
    - demonstrated teamwork
    - had a conflict with a coworker, and how did you resolve it.
    - had to influence someone's decisions
    - achieved a project.

Answers were advised to be in the STAR format:
    1. Situation
    2. Task
    3. Action
    4. Result

Interview Questions
    • It was the first question, and caught me off guard. In retrospect it was an obvious answer. The question is, what is the role truly about. Answers may include relationship building, helping patients achieve a better quality of life, or something along those lines, but these answers are wrong.   View Answer
    No negotiation. There was no salary negotiation, just an offer.

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer in August 2013.

Multiple Reviewers, one interview. Traditional questions around decision making process, and "what if" scenarios. Met with Director of the department and 3 different managers that were the foundation of the department.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations in this economy.

Computational Biologist Interview

A CV and cover letter was submitted. Eight mini interviews over the course of a day with a variety of scientists and a HR manager. It was a long and arduous day but the scientists were engaging, encouraging an interested and the HR manager asked some fairly standard questions.

Ops Interview

Behavioral interview for internal colleagues. Alignment on vision and expected value of role. Depends on hiring manager. Core leadership behaviors are the focus of interview, accountability, decision making, integrity, etc.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2010.

Recruitment was part of a global acquisition process, mainly informal meetings were used for selection of senior manager candidates during the acquisition period, thereafter a thorough mapping process through external consultants and global human resources took place

through acquisition, no negotiations

Assistant Scientist Interview

I applied online to a job posting and was contacted a few weeks later. I went through a phone screen, then two weeks later had another phone screen. I was not offered an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really just went right through the resume you submitted to get more information on your experiences   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

I applied for the intern position through my program's graduate center and was contacted via email to set up a phone screen within three weeks. A few days after completing the phone screen I was called back to set up two onsite interviews. The interviews were fairly standard and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard questions about requisite experience as well as scenario based questions   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Interview

Very stringent interview processes but it prepares you well for other large corporations. It really makes it easier to interview with smaller companies that don't have such strict and stringent interview processes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant/Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pfizer.

Heard of opportunity. Pitched capabilities. Was interviewed by 4 different people. Were curious about my past history although it didn't relate to industry. Several interviewers seemed distracted. It wasn't what I expected. They seemed happy to accept the recommendation of the colleague that brought me in.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!