Philip Morris USA

www.philipmorrisusa.com

Philip Morris USA Interview Questions

3.4

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2013.

Phone interview, only last a few minutes.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in November 2009.

First interview was with an external recruiter.
    Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present.
    Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Philip Morris USA.

Name a situation when you used research as a method of schooling?

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in February 2010.

I was a intern so I was directly hired from my summer internship within 3 weeks for completion. However, they extend an offer with out giving a set area of entrance. I was under the impression I would be a financial analyst but, I ended up being a cost accountant.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in March 2010.

Was very interested in candidate's long term goals and objectives. Prefers specific and strategic initiatives over generalities. Asked a great length of scenario & situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult objective you've overcome? And how?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2009.

Applied online. Got an email two days later that told me they'd like to interview me and gave me the time and place for my interview. The interview was at a Caribou Coffee shop in a formal meeting/boardroom in the back of the shop. Two young sales reps sat across a table from me and took turns asking questions. Questions were situational: explain a time when you had to make a quick decision without a superior to give you the authority; explain a time when you had to expedite something in order to save a customer account; a lot of questions dealt with decisions you regretted making, times when you could have done something better, missed opportunities, and how you would have done something better. They were interested in actions, reactions, opportunities, solutions, and independence.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with a coworker under timed conditions, but you were not familiar with that coworker and how he/she operated. (They wanted to see if you could adapt to an unfamiliar situation and collaborate well in a short amount of time).   Answer Question
    • What is position on professional responsibility and ethical conduct when dealing with expense reports?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in September 2009.

Very Positive. Had phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager, followed by panel, then day in the field, then offer and background/drug test. Excellent company to get your foot in the door for business to business sales. Lots of training and skills practice. Manager was great, reps stay around for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   View Answer

Brand Manager - New Tobacco Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in January 2009.

I was working at BAT, working on very important product introduction.
    Philip Morris faked the recrutement among our team members, offering the job through local headhunter agency. Then, as the part of recrutimentr they demanded to prepare to new product launch strategy - the time given for preparation was very short, and the brief was so simmilar as for our project.
     Obviously they wantned to get intelligence at the product we were working on. Needless to say they did not hired anyone for the position.

Interview Questions

At the presentation of the strategy. people (5) at the begging were very cheering, once they assumed that no info about competition would be given, they lost interest. One person asked the most kinky and stupid question I have ever heard: "What animal are you?"

I would not NEVER like to work for such a company

Purchasing Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2010.

The interview consisted of two 1:1's with the predecessor and the future line manager. They have questioned many details of my CV and went thru all the details of the potential position. Be sure to go there prepared and prove facts with different case examples.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Krąków, Lódz (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Krąków, Lódz (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2010.

the first the skills and background checks than phone inerview and the last step is panel interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Philip Morris USA? Contribute to the Community!