Philips Electronics

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics in February 2011.

Had a phone interview and then a 1:1 interview after 3-4 months. They never got back to me on the outcome of the interview.

very unprofessional recruitment process!

Written + 2 Tech + 1 HR
    Written round was simple. Basic aptitude (quantitative and logical)+ technical. Interview was more job specific. One guy was testing my programming logic and subject knowledge and the second guy was testing whether I am fit for the post they offer. Both of them went through my resume. So if u r not confident abt anything then better don't write that in ur resume.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2014.

3 Rounds, Aptitude Test, GD and Personal Interview. Aptitude test had a technical portion too. It was quick and efficient process overall. Interview was taken by a panel of 2, really modest people.

Interview Questions
    • It was a smooth ride. We talked about my internship and my experience as a member of my Hostel Executive Committee.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

- I was called for the Sr. Tech Lead Big Data. But i was a Sr.QA engineer with the knowledge of Big Data . So there was a difference in the interviewing patterns

1st Round : There was a general interview round with lot of Big Data stuff. Tough i was not involved in the Map Reduce phase . I was asked about following things :
    - Partitioner
    - Combiner
    - Input Split
    - How do you test your code before pushing it to production ?
    - What is the cluster size
    - Sort and shuffle phase?

Interview Questions
    • There was a mismatch between the interviewer JD and Interview ?
      The interviewer follows up with you religiously till you take up the interview, but there is no response about the same to the candidates about the result. It shows , how unorganised the process was.
      You will have to follow up with the HR for further details.

Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

Got a call from consultancy. On interview date went to venu, around 50 people were there. After around one and half hour, got call for interview. Questions were standard. Could not solve 1st problem rest answered, but still could not get through 1st round.

Interview Questions
    • Create class like BigInteger in java to solve addition problem between two very big strings.   View Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Two round of interview. First round is telephone interview, which is just normal behavior questions. No unexpected questions. The second round is on-site interview. The interviewer is very nice, and talks a lot about the responsibilities of the position. Overall, I think the company working atmosphere is really good. It is definitely a good place to work for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

There was an initial test followed by short listing candidates. Then there were two rounds - one technical and one HR. They basically look for good technical skills. HR is just a formality. So if you do well in tech, there is high probability that you get selected.

In the tech, they asked for my project and the part I played in it. Also, there were questions about linux and basic programming. Since I have written about web development in my resume, there were questions about web programming too. They basically expect you to own your work, so you should be able to specify you roles in the projects you have done and also, you should try to present any innovation you have done, since it will bring you bonus points.

Also, dedication to the work and owning your work is given high priority, You can get in even if you have medium coding skills, but have an analytic mind persistent effort and willingness to study. All this will be evaluated in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about linux and its very specific commands. Since I was very well versed with linux, I was able to answer them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

Philips visited our campus for recruitment in September,2014and offered a package of 6 lpa
    1) Technical & Aptitude Test:- On the first day we had the technical and aptitude test round which was organised by aspiring minds. It was a good test which tested our concepts on programming basics & a bit on OOP.

Next day they first had a presentation session for all the students.After that they gave the results of the previous day's test and the shorlisted students were selected for the further rounds.

2) Technical Interview
    3) HR Interview

Fianance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Founded by a headhunter, have 1 interview with the manager, 1 inerview with HR, standar questions, the culture in the company is pretty good, but I think some areas are overworked...the people are bright and positive despite the stress of the restructuring...I thin that covers it

Interview Questions
    • they care about how you handle a multicultural enviroinment   View Answer