Pitney Bowes Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

2.8

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online in response to job ad. Received call from HR and had a initial screen phone interview. Went in for 1:1 interview with Sales Manager. Went well. Got on shortlist and was invited in for 2nd interview with Sales Manager and MD. Found this interview bit awkward, they had already made a decision and I was there just to complete the diligence process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the current Sales challenges faced by the company?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

Applied online. recruiter scheduled interview with HR. No response after interview, except requesting for technical information post interview.. Seems, HR learns from you through hiring questions... ethical

This is the experience for 2nd time.. no courtesy on the interview feedback...

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Pretty involved, more from the perspective of the number of rounds and persons that were involved in the interview process, rather than the depth of the interviews themselves. I believe it was 7-10 persons, with a mix of in-person and telephone interviews with people from different areas of the business. The interviews themselves were pretty standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and work here at Pitney Bowes?   Answer Question

Senior QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring process is average, took almost a day to get to the HR round. HR was cooperative and interviewers were also comforting.

I declined the offer because at the time of my HR round I was promised a higer package but I was given much less. There was hardly a difference of around 8000 to 9000 compared to my current salary and appraisal in my current firm was just around the corner.

Salary breakup of PB saves taxes but take home is very less compared to other product based organizations.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were related to testing of REST API's, types of automation done, simple program to judge on coding Skills   1 Answer

Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews over a weeks time. Both lasted about an hour each. I met at their hub in Atlanta off Glenridge, no office staff there, just a satellite office with all the equipment there.
     They did not press me on past jobs or grill me about tenure or responsibilities. They were most concerned that I had Salesforce.com experience which I did. They talked a lot about the company and some of the issues of a big corporate company. Did not paint an inviting picture. Even if they have 75% of the market share and are offering base salaries from $55k to $65k it might be an unpleasant place to work.
    They promised me a decision or call back in 2-3 days but of course blew me off and did not respond but in 10 days with only the "we are still interviewing".
    Finally after following up with them each week I was rejected with "we have decided to move in a different direction." What does that mean? I began to dislike them almost immediately because of the way I was ignored. If you are not interested, fine but don't make me wait 4 weeks to find out.
    It paints a very grim picture to me of how they do business if you are going to treat their interviewees with so little respect.
    I cannot recall any specific questions, they talked a lot about themselves. Does that tell you anything?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about cold calling, how you manage a pipeline? How do you use Salesforce?   Answer Question

Tranpsortation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Corona, CA (US)).

Interview

Resume and application submitted online. I received a call from recruiter requesting a date and time for phone interview with the recruiter. I interviewed with the recruiter for approximately 30 minutes via phone. The recruiter contacted me requesting an interview at the site with hiring manager, operations manager and regional operations manager. I attended the on site interview with the above mentioned personnel. The interview included a facility tour.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question. " What do you think of authority?" I have never been asked this question in an interview before. I am either naïve or I have never questioned authority before   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Danbury, CT (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was submitted via a recruiter. I was told it I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. It turned out to be the hiring manager x 5, This process took one hour. I was then had a separate interview by another manager. I asked for water but I was told there were no cups around! Half way through the next hour, (still no water) another manager came in and began hammering questions at me. His manner was terse and no one I would ever work with. He began asking questions that i did not have answers to and continued to berate me. I just shut down at this point. I knew I would never work with characters like this.

They need to overhaul their hiring practices and its 2015, get some bottled water.

Interview Questions

• Typical IT questions, but presented in a way to try to find fault with you rather than to discover what you know and how you can bring your individual talents to the organization.   Answer Question

COPY OPERATOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

On line application then Phone call assessment, email starting location and date.
    As I was already an expert for the position applied for everything went smoothly.
    Most companies are very fortunate to be able to employ a worker of my caliber.

Interview Questions

• were do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly rate.

Mail Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Grand Prairie, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Seems like a very good opportunity for someone needing full - time employment. Only problem was the mandatory 12 hr overtime. The manager was nice and honest, straight forward and gave a lot of great information about the company.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any because I couldn't except any offers that may have been made.   Answer Question

Alliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2014.

Interview

A Senior Talent Advisor contacted me. She came across my profile at LinkedIn and wanted to schedule an interview to see if I was a good fit fpr the position.

Interview Questions

• She wanted to know about my background and how comfortable I was working remotely. She also wanted to know how was my Spanish. The interview was really short. She never came back with an update.   Answer Question