Pitney Bowes

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Interview Details This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Interview Question – Spin selling role playing   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Interview Details Met a manager at a career fair. Set up an interview at the office location. Met with the Director of office for 1st interview. Briefly met the VP of Sales- He was in the office that day. Then 2nd interview. Received offer for employment. Needed to take drug test and background check which takes about 2 weeks for everything to clear.

Interview Question – I do not remember most difficult question. The interviews at that time were more behavioral based interviews. Later the interviews also had a brief presentation or sales/call component to it. It may depend on the office.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation - everyone starts at the same salary and then works up the ladder. Some of the larger metro area districts had a sales position that starts at a higher base with a higher quota and you must present W2 with an income over 100K from the previous year to qualify for that position.

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in November 2013.

Interview Details The process was long and repetitive. It took several months to conduct all phone interviews and ended with an on site meeting. I fully expected a decision at that meeting but it was held off for several more weeks.

Interview Question – I was placed in an uncomfortable situation by being asked to reveal the level of commitment on the project of another team member. I didn't think this was professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Excellent. The HR person did a great job at understanding requirements and how to place me into them.

Territory Sales Interview

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2010.

Interview Details Was a good experience overall. It lasted well over an hour.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to work for this company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just setting up a start date and waiting on the on the back ground check.

Very Easy Interview

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2010.

Interview Details Meet with senior technician and manager. Talked about electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. Job hours and overtime. Went to different sites to look at equipment. Gave my concerns about older equipment and availability of parts. Talked with customers about Pitney Bowes and their service.

Interview Question – After hours support and weekend duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Albany, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2013.

Interview Details As someone who did the hiring and interviews, or someone who was interviewed? Hiring would be digging into the past troubles and how they were handled. Trouble shooting for any thing is as important as knowing your product.

Interview Question – My boss once asked me if "the customer is always right".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They liked my answer so I asked them the same thing back and they had no answer. It was all mine from then on.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in February 2009.

Interview Details Very lengthy they use a 3rd party who in turns has you do all the leg work. Tracking down references, transcripts etc..

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience with a difficult customer and what you did to resolve it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None Pitney has a set starting salary for all positions.

Customer Liaison Manager Interview

Harlow, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details Weekend assessment day , had to be committed to give up my Saturday with no assurance that I would get a role. No expenses offered. Excellent process, invited back for 2nd interview 2 days later and offered role within the week.

Interview Question – Who in this interview process would you ask to leave ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes was able to negotiate salary and quick start date

Configuration Engineer Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2013.

Interview Details JD was not shared and many things were hidden. Offer was rolled out at early stage but during discussion got to know many hidden things like poor work life balance, 24x7 work life model

Interview Question – Taken 3-4 interviews in order to see what is expected out of employee. Not an employee friendly organisation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Poor work life balance which they told earlier.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Advisory Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details Hiring process was smooth. There are five rounds of Interview- one online, 2 Technical, One Managerial and Director Round, Final HR Round, The People here are very professional and Work Environment is very good.

Interview Question – Technical Questions included: Bug Life Cycle, Automation Framework, QTP Scripts etc   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pitney Bowes

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes Videos

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes interview questions and advice. All 73 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees and interview candidates.