Pitney Bowes Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
98 interviews

2.8

Presorteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bensalem, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Just basic questions about understanding of United Postal Services business, mailing, stamps, etc

No, negotiation

Advisory QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

1 written
    2 technical
    1 mgmt
    + HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • test cases for frying Pan
      test harness automation gramework
        Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shelton, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

I got a referral. Brief and unremarkable phone interview followed by an on site presentation I was asked to make. They were almost too impressed with the technological aspects of my presentation which were hardly remarkable and not really the point of the presentation.
    Over 2 months passed between interview (beginning of August) and offer (mid October). Offer included a start date over 3 months later (last day of January.)

Interview Questions
    • What would you physically need to reproduce your presented work. At first I thought that this was the 'trick question' to verify that I had actually done the work when in fact they had no understanding of it (the process or technology.)   View Answer
    The offer seemed ideal as I thought what a great way to start. Sadly, changes in mgmt over the next year killed both enthusiasm for the work and the desire for a truly creative outcome.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Phone Interview followed by an interview with the Director of Sales and a Sales Manager.

There was no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in February 2009.

3 interviews in total...normal sales history questions and situational selling questions

Interview Questions
    only one plan available for my level

Product Support Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2009.

Involved on interview by HR and 2 technical interviews involving a manager and several senior engineers.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career goals, "don't answer by saying advance to management"   View Answer
    took the second offer

Systems Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2009.

Supervisor called me in, showed me around, told me about the position, and made me an offer within an hour.

Interview Questions
    • None. However, it was made very clear that the position required complete flexibility regarding shift and weekend work.   Answer Question
    They do not allow negotiation.

Quality Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

1 Written , 2 Technical,1 HR and 1 manger round

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2012.

Applied online and received a phone call about two months later to set up an interview I interviewed with the talent manager. The interview was fairly easy. It didnt seem like they were really prying. More of a conversational interview. I was told that decisions will be made by the end of the week about the position and the prospective employee would be starting 1/1/2013. Of course, I never heard back from them. I called and emailed but to no avail. I'd rather them just honor their word as far as getting back to me.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2012.

I was invited back multiple times and interviewed by my VP, the chief officer of my function, my VP's peers and other business leaders. It was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Lots of emphasis on HOW I accomplished what I did, not just what I accomplished. I was given quick feedback and strong encouragement throughout a somewhat long process. I, however, was not actively looking so a longer process was actually very welcome.

Interview Questions
    • Why leave (a very successful Fortune 100 company) for Pitney Bowes?   View Answer
    they provided a strong, fair offer upfront.