Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014
Updated 18 Oct 2014

3.4

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process includes an online assessment, termed as the P&G Online Reasoning Test. The questions are geared towards identifying your leadership potential so you should expect questions ranging from situational cases, and how your personality and skills are applied.

The interview part is the most challenging for me, as the questions are not the ones I am expecting. The questions are case-based and it requires you to share your leadership experience and how you overcome issues an conflicts either during your school days, or personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The question related to the "opportunity areas" (this is the term replacing the 'weaknesses") wherein you are being asked what are your perceived opportunity areas and how are you improving on it/overcoming it, and you have to support with real life experiences of sort.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview process for internships is very competitive and there are a number of rounds to pass through. The first round is the online application. This includes a personality questionnaire and psychometric test. Once you have passed this stage, you will be invited to sit down psychometric test with other candidates and a representative from P&G. I believe this lasts for 30-45 minutes. If you pass this stage you are invited for a first round interview (this may be a telephone interview if you are interstate). The interview is conducted with 1-2 P&G managers. Next up is the 2nd round interview. You will be flown to the head office to undertake a panel interview with at least 3 managers. You may wait up to 4 weeks to find out if you have been successful, as many other candidates (varying functions) are being interviewed. All in all, despite the long recruitment process, it was an enjoyable experience (if you're prepared!)

Interview Questions
    • 1. Where do you see yourself if 5 years time? I know I know, some of you might be thinking that this is one of the easiest, most expected question one might be asked in an interview. However, given that I was so focused on developing answers for obscure, behavioral questions I didn't have a great answer for this!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

I applied online which included a personality test and was then asked to come in for further testing - verbal reasoning, numerical etc which was held at a University campus. After this I was invited to a final round interview with one senior manager and two other team members at the P&G head office.

In the interview they ONLY asked behavioural questions and they were all very similar. Have PLENTY of examples ready for very generic behavioural questions. No technical questions, no questions in relation to P&G, just behavioural.

After the interview I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. After over a month I had not heard anything, tried to email to follow up and got no response, called, left a message and finally a week later I was given a quick call to inform that I hadn't gone through, no feedback provided.

I found the long waiting period and lack or response very frustrating. I was also surprised that I was not required to do any phone or 1:1 interviews before final round.

Interview Questions
    • all behavioural example questions that were very similar to each other   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2008.

I was interviewed by the account manager of the brand I applied to. The initial interview lasted around one hour. It was mainly with behavioral questions to test my reactions in certain circumstances. It is not that hard given you have made full preparations before the interview and passed the online test and phone interview. For most of us I guess the most difficult part is the online test and the leadership skill test, the latter was a questionnaire need to be filled with your past knowledge, experiences and detailed examples.

Interview Questions
    • The job involves a lot of team work and we have offices/branches in different places. Normally you need to communicate with people in other cities or countries. Have you encountered this kind of situation in your past experience? If so , please elaborate.   Answer Question
    P&G has set the salary, so there is not much room to negotiate.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied online through college career services and through Procter and Gamble's website. For the P&G application, took a reasoning assessment and a behavioral assessment. Got an on campus interview. Interviewed on campus with a employee from the field consisting of all behavioral questions. Waiting to hear about next steps in process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't have all the resources needed to complete and task.   Answer Question

The Steps:
    1) Online cognitive assessment: both tests took around an hour and a half. The first was a fit test and the other was a cognitive assessment test.
    2) Phone Interview: just the standard fit questions, why you're interested, etc.
    3) In person interview and in person cognitive assessment: another 40 to one hour cognitive assessment

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to look up general brainteasers and practice cognitive tests ahead of time   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

P&G follows couple of hiring processes worldwide and just hire people at entry level.
    One way of recruiting is to do special programs with Universities (either joining job fairs or exclusive events) to detect top students and then follows two exams (a reasoning test and a psychometric one). If scores on both tests are above target, they proceed with an screening interview and then into a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will find all kind of tough questions either related to hypothetical business cases or your own examples. The objective of the questions is to find specific examples of your leadership capabilities and how do you manage complex situations   Answer Question
    I enter as intern with a very good pay in a part time job. In fact there was no negotiation. I just accept the position.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I talked to recruiters at the career fair in September and gave them my resume. I was told to apply online so I would be in the system. The online application involved filling out a simple Taleo form and then completing two assessments: a personality assessment and a reasoning assessment. I highly encourage people to look at the same test for the reasoning assessment and be very familiar with P&G's PVPs and whether you fit with them.

Following this, I was invited to interview at school the next month when the interviewers were coming. This interview was very behavioral, asking questions along the lines of "tell me about a time when...". Be very familiar with your resume, as they'll have a copy and will be able to know if you're not being truthful.

It was between my first interview and the second that I had a gap of about four months. I talked to my recruiter and to my interviewer, both of whom said I was at the top of the list for further consideration. In March, I was invited on-site to interview. The first night we were there, we were invited to dinner with other candidates and our interviewers (who turned out to be our bosses). The second day, we had breakfast, an introduction to the company, a tour of the building, and then an interview with two interviewers. They provide the transportation to and from the site and hotel. Any expense taken to get to the P&G site is covered, you just need to send in your receipts.

Interview Questions
    • Just all behavioral questions, nothing particularly difficult. Know your resume from start to finish.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase since it was an internship

Engineering Interview

Application process takes a fair amount of time. There are a couple of online tests at the end of the application. The first of these tests is behavioral based, and there are many questions. The next test is mathematically based, and basically asks you to find patterns between shapes and images. I was not offered an interview opportunity, and I believe I did fairly well on the mathematical test. It seems like they are looking for employees who fit a certain profile in terms of how the behavioral test questions are answered.

Interview Questions
    • If an employee is doing (something against company policy), what should you do?

There are a few multiple choice questions like this and a few of the answers seem like they would be correct for each question, so it is difficult to choose an answer.
        Answer Question

Senior Engineer R&D Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Via an internship. Internships are a very common method for P&G to recruit to R&D and seems a mutually satisfactory process. The interviews for the internship was quite demanding and focussed and all applicants had to pass a basic reasoning test. Once the job offer was made there was a choice as to location and start date.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was mostly focussed on understanding examples of personal initiative with very little asked about the company or the line of business.   Answer Question