Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process includes an online assessment, termed as the P&G Online Reasoning Test. The questions are geared towards identifying your leadership potential so you should expect questions ranging from situational cases, and how your personality and skills are applied.

The interview part is the most challenging for me, as the questions are not the ones I am expecting. The questions are case-based and it requires you to share your leadership experience and how you overcome issues an conflicts either during your school days, or personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The question related to the "opportunity areas" (this is the term replacing the 'weaknesses") wherein you are being asked what are your perceived opportunity areas and how are you improving on it/overcoming it, and you have to support with real life experiences of sort.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview process for internships is very competitive and there are a number of rounds to pass through. The first round is the online application. This includes a personality questionnaire and psychometric test. Once you have passed this stage, you will be invited to sit down psychometric test with other candidates and a representative from P&G. I believe this lasts for 30-45 minutes. If you pass this stage you are invited for a first round interview (this may be a telephone interview if you are interstate). The interview is conducted with 1-2 P&G managers. Next up is the 2nd round interview. You will be flown to the head office to undertake a panel interview with at least 3 managers. You may wait up to 4 weeks to find out if you have been successful, as many other candidates (varying functions) are being interviewed. All in all, despite the long recruitment process, it was an enjoyable experience (if you're prepared!)

Interview Questions
    • 1. Where do you see yourself if 5 years time? I know I know, some of you might be thinking that this is one of the easiest, most expected question one might be asked in an interview. However, given that I was so focused on developing answers for obscure, behavioral questions I didn't have a great answer for this!   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

I applied online which included a personality test and was then asked to come in for further testing - verbal reasoning, numerical etc which was held at a University campus. After this I was invited to a final round interview with one senior manager and two other team members at the P&G head office.

In the interview they ONLY asked behavioural questions and they were all very similar. Have PLENTY of examples ready for very generic behavioural questions. No technical questions, no questions in relation to P&G, just behavioural.

After the interview I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. After over a month I had not heard anything, tried to email to follow up and got no response, called, left a message and finally a week later I was given a quick call to inform that I hadn't gone through, no feedback provided.

I found the long waiting period and lack or response very frustrating. I was also surprised that I was not required to do any phone or 1:1 interviews before final round.

Interview Questions
    • all behavioural example questions that were very similar to each other   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2008.

I was interviewed by the account manager of the brand I applied to. The initial interview lasted around one hour. It was mainly with behavioral questions to test my reactions in certain circumstances. It is not that hard given you have made full preparations before the interview and passed the online test and phone interview. For most of us I guess the most difficult part is the online test and the leadership skill test, the latter was a questionnaire need to be filled with your past knowledge, experiences and detailed examples.

Interview Questions
    • The job involves a lot of team work and we have offices/branches in different places. Normally you need to communicate with people in other cities or countries. Have you encountered this kind of situation in your past experience? If so , please elaborate.   Answer Question
    P&G has set the salary, so there is not much room to negotiate.

Education and Training Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It is a very long process. I first applied in person, and was called 2 weeks later for a test (behavioral questions). 2 weeks after that, I was called in for another test (technical reading). 3 more weeks go by, and I was called in for an interview. The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 managers and it lasted for about 40 minutes. Finally, I had an interview with HR where they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you found a defect and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation. The HR person was very clear in noting that it was their ONLY offer.

Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2014.

First you need to fullfil the on-line appliaction on P&G website, later they will send you some test to do and after couple of days you can receive an invitation for the reasoning test, which is composed by 40 questions and they will give you 65 minutes to do it. After it you can receive aninvitation for the first interview with one manager after passing the reasoning test, final interview with at least two managers

Planning Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

After sending the application there is an online test, then Practice Reasoning test in the office and after that 2 interviews - the first one lasts about 40 minutes (with 1 interviewer) and the second one about an hour (with 2 interviewers).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to use your specific skills to achieve something.   Answer Question

IDS Challenge Interview

There was a reasoning test after application. After passing the test, I got an interview with two staffs in the head office, and I did another test right after the interview. The interviewers are easy going but ask very detailed about your CV. Be prepared and use CAR format!

Brand Manager Interview

.- Hiring process is long and slow. Be patience.
    .- includes tests and several interviews, including panel with 2 or 3 managers at the same time.
    .- Be ready to answer why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • .- It needs to be clear what were the specific contributions on each accomplishment.   Answer Question
    is a big company with standard processes and salary bands, there is not much to negotiate, but it never hurts to go as high as you can.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process took about a month and included a visit to the plant where the internship would take place after the initial interview on campus. The site interview was a lot more technical as it was conducted by the engineers that were later on my managers. After the interview I took their hour long test and did a tour of the plant. The company really takes the hiring process seriously and that reflected on the quality of the new hires on the site.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you effectively developed a solution to a problem by combining different perspectives or approaches.   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!