Procter & Gamble

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

3.4

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process includes an online assessment, termed as the P&G Online Reasoning Test. The questions are geared towards identifying your leadership potential so you should expect questions ranging from situational cases, and how your personality and skills are applied.

The interview part is the most challenging for me, as the questions are not the ones I am expecting. The questions are case-based and it requires you to share your leadership experience and how you overcome issues an conflicts either during your school days, or personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The question related to the "opportunity areas" (this is the term replacing the 'weaknesses") wherein you are being asked what are your perceived opportunity areas and how are you improving on it/overcoming it, and you have to support with real life experiences of sort.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview process for internships is very competitive and there are a number of rounds to pass through. The first round is the online application. This includes a personality questionnaire and psychometric test. Once you have passed this stage, you will be invited to sit down psychometric test with other candidates and a representative from P&G. I believe this lasts for 30-45 minutes. If you pass this stage you are invited for a first round interview (this may be a telephone interview if you are interstate). The interview is conducted with 1-2 P&G managers. Next up is the 2nd round interview. You will be flown to the head office to undertake a panel interview with at least 3 managers. You may wait up to 4 weeks to find out if you have been successful, as many other candidates (varying functions) are being interviewed. All in all, despite the long recruitment process, it was an enjoyable experience (if you're prepared!)

Interview Questions
    • 1. Where do you see yourself if 5 years time? I know I know, some of you might be thinking that this is one of the easiest, most expected question one might be asked in an interview. However, given that I was so focused on developing answers for obscure, behavioral questions I didn't have a great answer for this!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

I applied online which included a personality test and was then asked to come in for further testing - verbal reasoning, numerical etc which was held at a University campus. After this I was invited to a final round interview with one senior manager and two other team members at the P&G head office.

In the interview they ONLY asked behavioural questions and they were all very similar. Have PLENTY of examples ready for very generic behavioural questions. No technical questions, no questions in relation to P&G, just behavioural.

After the interview I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. After over a month I had not heard anything, tried to email to follow up and got no response, called, left a message and finally a week later I was given a quick call to inform that I hadn't gone through, no feedback provided.

I found the long waiting period and lack or response very frustrating. I was also surprised that I was not required to do any phone or 1:1 interviews before final round.

Interview Questions
    • all behavioural example questions that were very similar to each other   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2008.

I was interviewed by the account manager of the brand I applied to. The initial interview lasted around one hour. It was mainly with behavioral questions to test my reactions in certain circumstances. It is not that hard given you have made full preparations before the interview and passed the online test and phone interview. For most of us I guess the most difficult part is the online test and the leadership skill test, the latter was a questionnaire need to be filled with your past knowledge, experiences and detailed examples.

Interview Questions
    • The job involves a lot of team work and we have offices/branches in different places. Normally you need to communicate with people in other cities or countries. Have you encountered this kind of situation in your past experience? If so , please elaborate.   Answer Question
    P&G has set the salary, so there is not much room to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Started with an online assessment. Then I took the university recruitment test. After clearing it i was called for an interview after some days. The interview was short and constituted generally behavioural questions ie related to my interests, hobbies, anything i may have done in my life that had an impact etc.Finally i had panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?What was the most difficult decision you made in your life? Any decision you took that made impact on other people? Focused on extracurricular activities and went into the depth of event once organized by me. Also questioned in detail regarding one of my semester projects.   Answer Question

MBA Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

I was told I did not have an interview through my school system weeks in advance. The night before the "pre-night" networking event I got a late email inviting me to interview in two days. It was pretty unprofessional.

Took an online intelligence test of some sort that supposedly only 15% of people pass. There was also a personal test asking a lot of questions about leadership that took about an hour. The first round interview was a night of drinks followed by a first round interview that was entirely personal. I was only asked about 5-6 questions(typical fluffy leadership questions). I was then asked what my questions were for them. I did not get a 2nd round interview and I am not even sure they intended on hiring anybody.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straightforward. I think the difficulty was figuring out what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The process got several steps: First there were two online tests, one was personality based and the other one mathematical and analytical.

Next week I got a mail inviting me to their headquarters in order to make another exam. More questions and limited time. There were like 40 people taking the exam with me this day.

Next week got a call for an interview. After that another interview and after that one got a final interview. One each week.

The process is very difficult but the interviewers and the people at P&G are amazing. They make you feel really comfortable and are unbelievable nice. Also, you can see how well prepared they are and they will treat you like a team member since your first interview.

Also had to take an special english test.

If you get to the interview process try to calm down and relax. You'll have a VERY positive experience, believe me. Furthermore, the process got behavioral questions so try to get some nice stories which you can tell. DO NOT LIE. If you do they'll likely see that and you won't get hired.

Got a call the day after my last interview with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult decision in your life... wasn't expecting this, but got a fairly good answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. Very competitive salary and compensations leave you breathless.

BNL Masterclass Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Classic application procedure: 2 online tests, 1 phone interview (30mins), 1 on site interview and if successful you are accepted. After the Masterclass there are 2 more on site interviews with senior executives, who do the final check whether or not you're a good fit for the company. If so, you get a contract. Entry salary is not negotiable (from what I heard) but the perspectives are not bad and definitely worth it!

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you failed. How would you do it now?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase prior to the Masterclass, you just get accepted.

R1) written test
    R2) Face to face interview. Mostly behavioral questions asked
    R3) Less number of questions but a lot of probing for more details

The final round was conduced by Associate directors from the same function that i applied for, so there level of grilling was higher.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you analysed complex data to make a decision? Was asked twice   Answer Question

Junior Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

After applying online, I had to do an online Assessment Center and a logic test. After 3 weeks I got the Invitation for a telephone interview which I passed. 3 days later I was invited for a day visit at P&G. There I had to pass another test (1 hour), had lunch with an Assistant Brand Manager to ask questions and afterwards three interviews in a row, each for about an hour. The employees were friendly and polite.