Procter & Gamble

810 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details The interview process for internships is very competitive and there are a number of rounds to pass through. The first round is the online application. This includes a personality questionnaire and psychometric test. Once you have passed this stage, you will be invited to sit down psychometric test with other candidates and a representative from P&G. I believe this lasts for 30-45 minutes. If you pass this stage you are invited for a first round interview (this may be a telephone interview if you are interstate). The interview is conducted with 1-2 P&G managers. Next up is the 2nd round interview. You will be flown to the head office to undertake a panel interview with at least 3 managers. You may wait up to 4 weeks to find out if you have been successful, as many other candidates (varying functions) are being interviewed. All in all, despite the long recruitment process, it was an enjoyable experience (if you're prepared!)

Interview Question – 1. Where do you see yourself if 5 years time? I know I know, some of you might be thinking that this is one of the easiest, most expected question one might be asked in an interview. However, given that I was so focused on developing answers for obscure, behavioral questions I didn't have a great answer for this!   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied online which included a personality test and was then asked to come in for further testing - verbal reasoning, numerical etc which was held at a University campus. After this I was invited to a final round interview with one senior manager and two other team members at the P&G head office.

In the interview they ONLY asked behavioural questions and they were all very similar. Have PLENTY of examples ready for very generic behavioural questions. No technical questions, no questions in relation to P&G, just behavioural.

After the interview I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. After over a month I had not heard anything, tried to email to follow up and got no response, called, left a message and finally a week later I was given a quick call to inform that I hadn't gone through, no feedback provided.

I found the long waiting period and lack or response very frustrating. I was also surprised that I was not required to do any phone or 1:1 interviews before final round.

Interview Question – all behavioural example questions that were very similar to each other   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2008.

Interview Details I was interviewed by the account manager of the brand I applied to. The initial interview lasted around one hour. It was mainly with behavioral questions to test my reactions in certain circumstances. It is not that hard given you have made full preparations before the interview and passed the online test and phone interview. For most of us I guess the most difficult part is the online test and the leadership skill test, the latter was a questionnaire need to be filled with your past knowledge, experiences and detailed examples.

Interview Question – The job involves a lot of team work and we have offices/branches in different places. Normally you need to communicate with people in other cities or countries. Have you encountered this kind of situation in your past experience? If so , please elaborate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G has set the salary, so there is not much room to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details Met with recruiters at a national career fair. Spoke at length with one lady who took my resume and told me to apply online and return the next day. Was scheduled for an interview that same day. Interview was basic behavioral, a lot of questions exactly from this webpage which was cool. Interviewer was sort of uncaring/condescending and I do not know why.

Interview Question – Tell me more about your independent research.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details The interview was done over the phone. There was the technical manager, the business manager, and a research scientist all on the line at the same time. Pretty standard interview. They went through my CV and asked detailed questions about my publications, previous work experience etc... Many questions about research optimization, computational modeling, and math.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about research optimization and computational modeling which was difficult since my background was chemistry. Felt like they were asking the questions to see how I dealt with subjects outside of my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Summer intern. No negotiation.

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details Applied through college career website and within a week received a phone interview. I had a friend who had worked there in the past so knew somewhat what to expect. For the questions about me, they asked about what I was proud of, a difficult team situation and how you solved that, and other standard things. My friend told me that they would also ask about a company whose marketing strategy I admire, which they did. Be ready for that one and to explain why in a detailed and thoughtful way

Interview Question – They also asked about a company you think has a strong marketing strategy and to describe why   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details Applied online, was later contacted by the HR for the interview. First interview lasted for 15-20 mins, mostly behavioral questions. I was later invited for another 3 interviews, all the three interviews asked behavioral questions. Basically, the just wanted to know more about whats there on your resume and why you'd fit in their company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make the most difficult choice of your life,   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details After having reviewed your application documents, an HR official contacted me and asked me to do an online reasoning and personality traits test. After a few weeks the same person invited me to a phone interview with an employee of the department I applied for. The interview was mostly behavioral. After completing the phone interview they invited me to an on-site reasoning test and three interviews with senior employees of the department. The three interviews were as expected behavioral and I wasn't asked any unexpected questions. All three interviewers asked more or less the same questions. No break between the interviews (3 hours in total). The on-site day visit was rather professional, although they did not exactly try to make the applicants as comfortable as possible (no break, no water, small room...). All in all a fair application process that is in my opinion a bit over the top when comparing it to the actual job I would have done there... They said they would call the next day, but didn't do that. Sent an unpersonalized e-mail instead.

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details In typical P&G fashion, you take an assessment test to start the process. 2. Then you will be contacted by a recruiter for typical behavioral interview for MBA's, tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume etc..3. You will have a discussion with two P&G managers either in person or at headquarters. 4. You will take another assessment test which is a little bit more difficult.

Interview Question – The testing was the most challenging for me.   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2010.

Interview Details A total of 2 interviews.
1) The first interview was a phone interview which focused on asking questions related to my resume: work experience, extracurricular activities, etc.
2) The second interview was face to face with 2 interviewers. Like the previous interview the questions were all related to the information on my resume. However I was asked a few questions regarding situations in which I worked on group projects, how did I step up as a leader and what did I accomplish. The interview lasted over 1 hr, yet wasn't a really tedious process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you worked on a group project and encountered difficulties with one of the group members. What did you do to resolve this issue? What was accomplished afterwards?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ With the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble interview questions and advice. All 810 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.