Providence Health & Services Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated 27 Mar 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone screen with Recruiter, in person interview with hiring manager/s. Discuss the scope of the position as well as work experience and how that fits with position you are applying for.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

Initial interview is usually pleasant. They ask about 8 questions by 6 to 8 employees from current employees. Prospective employees should come to interview dress appropiately and be smiling during interview. Make sure to have a list of questions you wish to ask. Take bottle of water to interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a problem with authority at a job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Department they wanted me to move to was very unfriendly so I took time off to look for another job.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was not bad, very pleasant and easy. They asked questions like any other companies would ask you. Ask you stuff about what you can work on and how to show team work etc

Customer Service/Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was casual with basic customer service questions. It was distracted to see the interviewers writing down my responses as I'm talking to them. Interview lasted an hour and the people are friendly.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. It was very different than all my previous interviews. Interviewer seemed on the defense when I asked questions. Not sure if we just didn't connect or if they had already made some assumption about me. They made it clear job was NOT in IT and they had a lot of work.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you returned to your previous XYZ company? It was somewhere I hadn't worked in 3 years so seemed odd.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

One phone call, followed by an interview by a pannel of five to six. Then checking with references. Next, official job offer by recruiting. The atmosphere throughout was quite official and serious.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with upset customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiations. Accept or decline.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

Contacted by e-mail by unit manager. Arranged interview with her and then group interview with other staff nurses. Typing test administered at that time. Job offer the next day via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Select interview process is used. Other questions by staff nurses included some to assess critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate salary.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager two days after submitting application. Interviewed two days later. The interview was entirely behavioral. All of the questions are based on past experiences. The hiring manager told me about the interview style during our initial phone conversation, so I was more than prepared. The questions were job specific, but I believe they use the behavioral style of interview throughout the company. An example question might be: "Talk about an experience where you've dealt with conflict in the work place and how you responded". I received an offer from a recruiter within a week and began the on-boarding process. The hiring manager remained in contact throughout the entire process. The background checks, drug test, health screen, etc takes at least a couple of weeks following an official offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were with the recruiter, which made it less awkward than negotiating with the supervisor. The recruiter made an offer, I asked for more than I was actually expecting to get, but they met me above the middle mark, which was a nice surprise.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I had to seek out a recruiter because my job remained under consideration. The first interview was general with a lot of behavior questions " tell me a time when". The department manager and clinical manager were both present. I was called back for a second interview a week later to meet other key staff I would be working with if hired. I was called back by the recruiter late on a Friday a week later with and offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you disagreed with you supervisor what happened and what were the results   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could have negotiated some but didn't

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Group interview with supervisor and peers.

Interview Questions

• What did I do with a patient that was beyond expectations for my position?   1 Answer