Prudential

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.7

Actuarial Intern Interview

interviewed at Prudential in November 2012.

individual and group interview, question about strength and weaknesses, group discussion and some techical question

Financial Services Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Applied online. After applying online I received interview phone call then after all of that I received an in-person interview. Everyone was very pleasant. Seems like a great company to work for.

Business Systems Architect Interview

Applied online. Quick phone interview first, then (if all goes well) face-to-face. Back for two face to face with multiple team members. Environment seemed casual and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based interview...tell me about your biggest failure...tell me about how you handled not hitting an extremely important dedline.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

3 interviews during 2 week period in 1998, panel and 1-on-1. Panel interviews were a surprise. Then individual. Questions were analytical and situational. Background info on tech then more on analytical skills.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

It was a pretty short process. You first met with an hiring manager and the interview was more like a conversation. You then had to do your top 200 people that you can contact to start your business. Make sure you have close to 200 even if they are not potential customers. Then you meet the division manager and you get a background check.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

One is talking with you. Another one is sitting nearby. Firstly, some general questions like why us, tell me about yourself, what's your major, why this major,etc.. Secondly, some background checking like your visa status and some working experience discussion. thirdly, open ended questions. such as how to connect with a client who rejected you once before.

Financial Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

This started with a phone call, on a Saturday interestingly enough. We chatted briefly, and he said that he was going to send me an Assessment, basically a personality test combined with some "what would you do in this situation" type questions. There wasn't really a phone interview to get to know the company or the people so it was already off to a bad start. Anyway, the next day I took the exam and the next day I got a call back saying that I did well enough to proceed. We then scheduled an in person interview. The next day I got an email from Prudential confirming that I passed the exam and that they'd like me to complete a long form application. Later on I received a phone call from Prudential saying that I did not pass the exam and that there was a clerical error. They then canceled the in person interview we scheduled and said that I could apply again in 6 months. (Spoiler Alert: I won't)

Interview Questions
    • You are working with another person who doesn't like you, how does it affect your performance?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Applied and had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. Lasted about 30 minutes, all behavioral questions. The recruiter was very nice and the interview centered around my resume and experience. Basic questions about strengths, team scenarios etc.

Had superday on-site which consisted of an informational session and three back to back interviews with staff from different divisions and at different levels of management. All mostly behavioral with an emphasis on experience and what I knew about the company. Research beforehand on the various divisions and services Prudential offers is a must. Definitely do not say Prudential is just a life insurance company.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of products and services does Prudential offer?   View Answer

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Applied online through my university's website. Prudential sent an email and I completed a preliminary application. They then sent me a link to a web-based inventory which asked interview questions with multiple choice answers. Ex: If a coworker was angry at you how would you respond? A: Yell at them B: Take it to HR and so on. It only took about 20 minutes. After this I was notified that they would not be offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have much experience so some of the questions were tough to answer/had to answer them hypothetically.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Standard interview. Phone then some basic questions. Design experience, how do I handle issues. Can I work easily by myself or do I prefer a team? Past experiences, what do you know about the company? salary expectations