PwC

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Interview Details I felt the interview process was very unfair. I wasn't given the opportunity to discuss my experience and suitability for the role in any great detail. The interviewer had made up his mind early in the interview that I wasn't going to be hired and I don't think I could have done anything to change his mind.

Interview Question – What unique skills would you bring?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2008.

Interview Details Quick process in my experience. People were likeable and generally an accurate reflection of the actual culture of the firm. Had two rounds. First was an ice-breaker cultural fit interview with a manager. Second was an assessment centre comprising numerical, logic and verbal tests, group exercise and partner interview. Partner interview involved going through a case study and was quite tough.

Interview Question – Why chosen company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much to speak of in the negotiation phase.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Interview Details Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either)
They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC