PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, followed by a telephone interview and then an assessment centre.

The online application is exactly what you expect, essentially your CV and a cover letter broken up into parts. The telephone interview was a series of competency questions, asking you to describe a time when you have demonstrated a certain characteristic. Each example you give is followed up with more questions. The assessment centre consisted of a diagrammatic test, a numerical test, a written communication and a group exercise. I think the key thing for all of these is to manage your time well. Each exercise is time pressured and it is essential that, even if it is not completed to the best of your ability, you complete the task and identify the most important points to focus on.

Final round interview is in a month's time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you've had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process consisted of a telephone interview with personal (fit) questions and 2 rounds of interviews. The first round of interviews was 1 interview with a director, the next one with HR and the last one with a partner. Each interview during about an hour. The second round of interviews was a 1-hour-interview with 2 directors of the "target" department.

Most of the questions were general questions about my background and why I chose this path or made this decision. There were nearly no technical questions except looking over a PP-presentation and giving some advice on how to do it better and a very small "brainteaser". The HR asked typical questions (What are your weaknesses, Why PwC, were do you see yourself in 5 years...) and was quite unfriendly.

Interview Questions

• You are working for a tie producer and your boss is calling to ask you how much market potential you would see in the Indonesian market. He wants a reply ASAP (5min).   2 Answers

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

My process went really fast. I had the telephone interview on a Wednesday of the week of 2/9/15. I had my in person interview with 2 directors and a manager that following friday and then the partner interview on a Wednesday evening the following week. All interview were 2-3 business days a part.

I haven't yet had a response and its been exactly one week since my partner interview. Has anyone received an offer after a week or so? Or how soon did you receive your offer? I heard I did very well and was one of 2 final candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to change the direction of a project while in the middle?   5 Answers

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

it is three round interviews, 1-1 first, and onsite event, and another follow up, generally speaking it is a well structured, but the whole process lasts longer than regular procedure.
    onsite visit contains three back to back interviews, talking to three different people in the team from different level.

Interview Questions

• ask about resume, projects, behavioral questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Submit resume and unofficial transcript during the online application process. Before the interview, I talked to a senior associate and after that a senior manager interviewed me. The interview was mainly about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How you lead yourself, how you lead others, how you lead yourself and others   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Did it through on campus recruiting. One round on campus and second round they flew me onsite. Everyone I met was very nice and I can tell they care a lot about the candidates. Finally declined offer because I joined a different industry, but the overall impression throughout the process was extremely positive.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager
    Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current events?
      Why do you want to be a consultant?

Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

I got the interview from campus hiring program. There are two processes. One phone interview and then onsite interview. The phone interview is not hard, basic screening questions. Got the onsite interview invitation but declined.

Application

Interview

The first round interview was fairly typical. They asked me about my background and internships and a couple behavioral questions ("Why consulting/PwC?", "Tell me about a time when...").

They informed me a couple days later that I got a final round interview. 48 hours before it, they sent me a case study that I had to familiarize myself with. It was a few pages long, and decently complicated. When I arrived at the PwC office, they gave me and the other candidates an hour to create hard copy powerpoint slides based on questions they had on our cases. We then had three interviews in a row, each lasting half an hour. Two were behavioral interviews (they asked me about my traveling experiences, general resume questions, and again a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions, but nothing too unexpected), and the third was the case. I had to present my presentation to the interviewer as if he was the client, which was the most nerve wracking of the three.

They called me later that day with a verbal offer!

Interview Questions

• The case was the most difficult part. Make sure you have good presentation skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. It's a national position, so negotiating would be a little more difficult.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Consisted of three interviews: two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral interviews were targeting four of the five company employee characteristics including a global perspective, technical acumen, etc. The case interview was given 48 hours in advance to allow preparation. Final questions given at the start of the interview and allowed 45 minutes to prepare a slide show presentation (written out by hand on paper slides) making a recommendation and present to interviewee posing as the client.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was the most challenging and nerve wracking, but it is used to show your train of thought and critical thinking skills rather than a right or wrong answer.   1 Answer