PwC Associate Interview Questions

Updated 31 Mar 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (Melbourne) in January 2013.

Interview

they ask you loads of questions about your past experiences ask you why you chose PwC over the other firms and ask you about your career outlook and talk about your goals

Negotiation

it was very easy bro

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First interview with a director, followed by a second interview with a different director.

Both interviews were relaxed and I was made to feel at ease.

Typical competencies that are listed on the website with more specific probing into industry knowledge.

Final interview was in the morning and offer was made the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why this profession, a conflict within a team project/my specific role, my opinion on certain current emerging trends.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in March 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for technical interview with an Indian who seemed so disinterested in conducting the interview. Instead of listening to the answer, he was cutting off in between before I could even finish the answer. I heard that interview will be more of a conversational but whenever I tried to strike a conversation about technical challenges, he would cut me off and say you are not supposed to ask technical question to me. I knew by the end of the call that he is going to reject.

Associate Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews plus 1 face to face interview. Nothing unexpected in phone interviews, just behavior questions and talked few former work experience. after about 1 month, they invited me to their office for onsite. Overall it was not bad, good work environment.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

I went for an interview at the Philadelphia office and met with three senior members and a recent associate. During the meetings with managers we discussed trends in health care, what I believe were traits that were needed for consulting, the average schedule of associate and work load.

Interview Questions

• What trend in healthcare legislation do you see and what are some examples of how it can affect clients.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

very standard big four interviews. Started with a basic introduction about the interview and lasted for about 45 minutes. I got a chance to add some points in the end to support my application.
    9 questions asked regarding the five competencies listed. Please be prepared to the business acumen one, which asks you how to keep track of business news and what can you learn from it. Make sure you read business regularly and use a clear STAR structure to make all your actions easily understood.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you use analytical skills to solve a complex problem? (analytical skills-use different pieces of information)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Telephone interview: structured around PwC's five core competencies, asking about two questions for each competency. Also asked for my knowledge of the position I applied for. Be sure to think about any significant things you have learnt from each example you give. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Give an example describing how you have adapted to feedback you've received at university or in a work environment.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and got pre-night and first round interview in campus. Those went well. Then I got the second round invitation in a few days. It was an on site interview. 30 mins interview with 2 managers and 1 directors separately. Those were also behavior questions

Associate Interview

Interview

As an undergrad, I applied for Risk Advisory with the Atlanta Office through my university's job posting website. I did not network beforehand, but was able to secure a first round interview. The night before the first round of interviews, everyone extended an interview was invited to dinner at a nice restaurant. There were 3 large tables, one for risk advisory, one for management advisory, and I believe one for the accountants. There were about 2 current PwC employees at each table from each respective practice who were not necessarily interviewers the next day. We had a very enjoyable evening with light conversation. Nothing stressful but it certainly helps to be relaxed and laugh while carrying easy conversation and eating your food without spilling it everywhere. This is where you just be your fun self and not worry about what they think of you.

The first round interview was with a Manager from the Atlanta office. There was no case. Now they have cases. It was pretty easy and relaxed. The interviewer just wanted to see if he would want to work with me. Lots of fit and resume questions. Very conversational.

Got an email a couple days later saying I would have a second (and final) round of interviews in the New York Office (I think they just centralized a lot of interviews that year). They flew me up there, had me stay in a very nice hotel with a tasty breakfast. In the morning I walked about 8 blocks to the PwC office and from there they took about 20 of us (all applying for various positions) up to the PwC floors. It was all planned out - Breakfast in a conference room with 4 other candidates and 3 PwC Associates and Senior Associates. They were not judging us just telling us how the day would unfold and making us feel at home. They would also shuttle us from one interview to the other (very nice people). After that I had 2 casual interviews, 1 with one of the associates from the breakfast room and 1 with a Manager. They were a combination of walking, showing me around, meeting people, and then chatting in the cafeteria. These 2 were not specifically from Risk. Then I had 3 formal interviews with higher-ups. The only case type question I got was 'how would you estimate the number of tennis balls that would fill this room?'. Everything else was fit based. The first interviewer was a young, very suave new yorker who didn't smile or show any emotion no matter how much I tried to engage him; he just asked me questions which I answered. My approach was to gently try to engage him without going to extremes and without taking offense or giving up. The other 2 interviewers were more senior and very personable. I felt like they wanted me to succeed. Questions ranged from resume, other experience, and fit.

I flew out the next day and hear back about 2 weeks later.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on the careers website online and was contacted by phone to arrange a 1:1 interview. They offered the associate position with the e-assurance department. The interview was good, mainly about them getting to know you, your experience and whether you fit with the role. They offered to rotate me across the different departments in the company.