PwC

2.9

152 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in January 2013.

they ask you loads of questions about your past experiences ask you why you chose PwC over the other firms and ask you about your career outlook and talk about your goals

it was very easy bro

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I applied through campus recruiting and got pre-night and first round interview in campus. Those went well. Then I got the second round invitation in a few days. It was an on site interview. 30 mins interview with 2 managers and 1 directors separately. Those were also behavior questions

Associate Interview

As an undergrad, I applied for Risk Advisory with the Atlanta Office through my university's job posting website. I did not network beforehand, but was able to secure a first round interview. The night before the first round of interviews, everyone extended an interview was invited to dinner at a nice restaurant. There were 3 large tables, one for risk advisory, one for management advisory, and I believe one for the accountants. There were about 2 current PwC employees at each table from each respective practice who were not necessarily interviewers the next day. We had a very enjoyable evening with light conversation. Nothing stressful but it certainly helps to be relaxed and laugh while carrying easy conversation and eating your food without spilling it everywhere. This is where you just be your fun self and not worry about what they think of you.

The first round interview was with a Manager from the Atlanta office. There was no case. Now they have cases. It was pretty easy and relaxed. The interviewer just wanted to see if he would want to work with me. Lots of fit and resume questions. Very conversational.

Got an email a couple days later saying I would have a second (and final) round of interviews in the New York Office (I think they just centralized a lot of interviews that year). They flew me up there, had me stay in a very nice hotel with a tasty breakfast. In the morning I walked about 8 blocks to the PwC office and from there they took about 20 of us (all applying for various positions) up to the PwC floors. It was all planned out - Breakfast in a conference room with 4 other candidates and 3 PwC Associates and Senior Associates. They were not judging us just telling us how the day would unfold and making us feel at home. They would also shuttle us from one interview to the other (very nice people). After that I had 2 casual interviews, 1 with one of the associates from the breakfast room and 1 with a Manager. They were a combination of walking, showing me around, meeting people, and then chatting in the cafeteria. These 2 were not specifically from Risk. Then I had 3 formal interviews with higher-ups. The only case type question I got was 'how would you estimate the number of tennis balls that would fill this room?'. Everything else was fit based. The first interviewer was a young, very suave new yorker who didn't smile or show any emotion no matter how much I tried to engage him; he just asked me questions which I answered. My approach was to gently try to engage him without going to extremes and without taking offense or giving up. The other 2 interviewers were more senior and very personable. I felt like they wanted me to succeed. Questions ranged from resume, other experience, and fit.

I flew out the next day and hear back about 2 weeks later.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Applied on the careers website online and was contacted by phone to arrange a 1:1 interview. They offered the associate position with the e-assurance department. The interview was good, mainly about them getting to know you, your experience and whether you fit with the role. They offered to rotate me across the different departments in the company.

Associate Interview

The hiring and interview process included the following stages:
    1. Review of resume by recruiter.
    2. Initital communication by the recruiter.
    3. Review of resume by the practice.
    4. Interview by the Senior Manager
    5. Interview by the Partner
    6. Interview by the HR Manager
    7. Decision communicated by the recruiter

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I sent in my CV through the University and was called in for the first interview and then invited to the second interview. I had to complete a numerical and logic test online before the second interview, as well as a written report on the day of final interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think teachers should tackle the problem of disrespectful students in secondary schools.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

1. One on campus interview, interview with a manager.
    2. On site interview including a pre-night dinner and meet with two interviewers in the second day, one is senior manager, another is a partner.

Associate Interview

It is easy to wander when answering an experience interview question, particularly if you do not have a specific situation or problem in mind. Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, your answer will be succinct and on topic.

Interview Questions
    • Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Applied through employee referral. Received mail within a week to schedule an interview. I found the recruiter a little unprofessional. I couldn't hear what she was asking. Kept on writing all that I said while I was speaking.Asked about my resume, my achievements, how I have helped others, if I had taken help from others etc.
    She would not reply to any follow up emails or turn back calls.

Associate Interview

It was a ridiculous process. Absolutely horrible. At the same time, it was an amazing experience. You have to say that they have very good interview process system. Also, i don't remember anything of that. I do not know what all things were useful or not. I don't remember who took the interview.