PwC

Updated 9 Feb 2015
Updated 9 Feb 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Straightforward. Questions you would expect at a big four interview. Only thing to look out for would be case studies, which can nab people. You can find very similar practice case studies online.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Consulting Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Followed the instructions on the website. Fairly straight forward and you are required to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests. I would recommend that you prepare well for these are you are racing with time. Then if you get through, you have to go through phone screening and assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • if you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    Prepare your cover letter and cv well. Make sure there is no mistakes

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Applied for a position under their graduate recruitment program (Sydney). Online application form starts off the recruitment process, followed by an invitation to an invite-only pre-interview networking event. A phone interview follows that, the one I received was conducting by a HR person who asked questions relevant to the position but seemed unqualified to have a intelligent discussion. An example was when the HR person asked for my opinions on a recent business/financial news event. She was unfamiliar with the topic herself and was frantically trying to scribble notes down instead of engaging in a two-way conversation. Finally, the HR person admitted that she was mainly trying to decide what role would suit me rather than respecting my ability to decide if I had the skills and qualifications to be competent in a role. The company took 2 weeks to get back with rejection email, offering to provide feedback via a telephone callback. After scheduling a time with their automated system, I was surprised that the call never came at all. Very unprofessional conduct for a prestigious firm.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a consultant does? Tell me about three of your strengths.   View Answer

Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Recruited on-campus for first round interviews. Got invited back to travel to a central office for Super Day, which consisted of an interview with 1 case study and 2 behavioral interviews. Overall smooth process.

Consultant Interview

I've sent my cv and cover letter and they called me 4 weeks later for an interview. It was a personal interview with a director and consultant, asking me personal questions. Later on, I had to fill in a lot of papers with my personal data.

2 weeks later I received my offer. I had to state when I could begin and what the period was that I wanted to work at the Sao Paulo office

Later I had to go to the lawyer office to get my paper work in order.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied through campus recruiting and attended pre-interview night. The environment is friendly in general and could meet your interviewer for the next day. Met an unexpected small case in my interview, basically some market/revenue analysis with several graphs and numbers, not that difficult compared to MBA cases.

Interview Questions
    • met a case study in the first round interview, big Surprise!   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Application process took several stages. Firstly - screening, then - Numerical Reasoning Test ( similar to SHL test) and Verbal Reasoning Test (putting in a missing element in the logical puzzle), then - onsite english knowledge test ( 'True-False-Not Given' questions, 'choose the right headline' questions, grammar etc.). If you are successful so far, you get an invitation for two or three interviews with Senior Consultant(s) and (Senior) Manager(s), where you can be asked about your education, motivation, previous work experience, knowledge of the industry etc.
    After that you get warmed up with several brain teasers. Try to listen carefully and feel free to take some time to think about the answer.
    In the end, they give you a business-related case. Again don't hesitate to ask for more information and do your best to persuade the interviewers that you are a very positive and proactive person.
    If you are good and crack the case, you get a job offer by email.

Interview Questions
    • Give me all risks for a foreign businessman who is buying a factory in Siberia   Answer Question
    Nothing

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

1. HR called and fixed the interview.
    2. Technical Round - 1 (Sr. Manager Gave 3 topics to prepare on Green Buildings and Energy Efficiency)
    3. Technical Round - 2 ( Two Sr. Managers discussed technical issues in Energy Efficiency and Green Buildings)
    4. Technical Round - 3 (Associate Director discussed technical issues and scope in Energy Efficiency Vertical).
    5. HR helped me with the offer after 14 days.

Interview Questions
    • None Actually.. Mostly everything were technical so it went off pretty smooth.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I went ahead as per Company's Policies.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

First I had a numerical and verbal online test. They called me in one day and i had a phone interview, the question were mostly about my resume. Then they invited me for an interview with their HR stuff, were questions about the company, why i want to work there, my future plans. The last interview was with top management, where i had more specific questions on balance sheets analysis.

Interview Questions
    • How many departments the company has and what they responsible for.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I applied through job portal. Had received call from a stuffing agency. Stuffing agency has scheduled interview with PwC Bangalore. Process took approximately 3 weeks.There were 2 rounds of interview, both on the same day and both are technical.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are theoretical, not based on prior work or practical implementation.   Answer Question