PwC

Updated 19 Jan 2015

2.9

156 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Had only one interview and it was a phone interview. The whole interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer started off by asking to describe about myself. Then he started asking me questions after questions to tell him a time whereby i face difficulty situations. He also went about asking what i normally do when i am overseas.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you faced a complex situation and how is it complex?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Video interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you think distinguishes PwC from it's competitors?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Online essays, psychometric tests, telephone interview, personality test, invitation to assessment day that involves interview with partner, group assessment, writing task and psychometric testing. Fairly long process, but communicated great and well-organised and structured.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC.

For the intern position I only made it as far as the telephone interview, which was pretty rigorous. Asked standard motivation/behavioural questions, such as why PwC, why I chose the service line I applied for, tell me about a time you had to use communication/teamwork to achieve an outcome.

After the telephone interview, I was told the next interview would be at their office with a panel of 2, a HR officer and an employee of the service line I applied for.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Applied through college recruitment. GPA of 3.5+ was required in order to submit application. Was contacted by recruiter for interview at school. Somewhat informal interview probably due to the fact that it's only a student intern position. No news ever since the interview. Tried to follow up with recruiter but to no avil.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview. Recruiter was just doing a run though the resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Application online for an internship.
    First contact per mail asking about interest in a internship position within the department (Mergers & Acquisitions).
    Then one hour phone interview.
    First part (about 30 min) consisted of typical interview questions (personal / cv) as well as a bit behavioral ones. The other half of the interview was about solving a case (M&A topic).

Interview Questions
    • Name three (!) biggest challenges in your life.
      Giving case studies within a phone interview is quite unusual (therefore unexpected).

Answer Question
    Internship salaries were not negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First contacted a PwC campus represent through school's career fair. Applied via school career center website and was selected for Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) on-campus interview. 2 rounds in total. 1st Interview: On-campus; all behavioral questions. Surprised to have a 1st round interview with a partner but went well. Selected for 2nd round: office-visit interview. 3 interviews at office. 1 with partner, 2 with MDs. Each interview is 45 minutes long. Most questions were fit/behavioral, but had some technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • One of the MDs asked about accounting terms such as cashflows. Froze immediately.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

After submitting the online application, I was invited to complete online tests. Received a report with the results from the tests, and then an invitation for a telephone interview. Only one date with several time slots were available. The interviewer went over all 5 core values of the company - you can find them in the report, and asked for an example where I demonstrated them. The connection dropped twice during the interview and the interviewer said "candidates are advised in advance to make sure their connections are stable before the interview". I checked my connection a couple of times before that and it was working perfectly fine.

Give me an example of a situation when you received feedback and had to change your strategy because of the feedback.

Give me an example of a situation when you had to work in a team in order to achieve a common goal.

The feedback from the interview stated that the language I used for one of the questions (I assume the most difficult one) was too technical.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a recent business development. How can this be implemented in PwC? How can this be applied to the division you have applied for (IT Risk Assessment)? Why? Where did you read about this? How many articles/news/reports did you read on the topic?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I attended all the events the firm organized on my campus and really connected with all the firm representatives. It was a very good experience overall and I would definitely encourage potential candidates to try to meet as many firm respresentatives as possible.

Intern Interview

One interview wit associate director. Another associate was present during the interview but did not ask any questions. The whole process was very straight forward. No surprises and very easy. Need to have some decent previous experience.

No negotiation took place