PwC

Updated 20 Feb 2015
Updated 20 Feb 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Had only one interview and it was a phone interview. The whole interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer started off by asking to describe about myself. Then he started asking me questions after questions to tell him a time whereby i face difficulty situations. He also went about asking what i normally do when i am overseas.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you faced a complex situation and how is it complex?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Video interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you think distinguishes PwC from it's competitors?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Online essays, psychometric tests, telephone interview, personality test, invitation to assessment day that involves interview with partner, group assessment, writing task and psychometric testing. Fairly long process, but communicated great and well-organised and structured.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC.

For the intern position I only made it as far as the telephone interview, which was pretty rigorous. Asked standard motivation/behavioural questions, such as why PwC, why I chose the service line I applied for, tell me about a time you had to use communication/teamwork to achieve an outcome.

After the telephone interview, I was told the next interview would be at their office with a panel of 2, a HR officer and an employee of the service line I applied for.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Asked 5 questions that are competency based. It could be quite intense. Think clearly of your examples and analyse it inside your brain before you answer. Keep calm, think of questions to ask at the end, show your professional experiences if you have. Just show off all you can do and all you have, don't limit yourself/be shy.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied through campus recruitment, graduate program with a 3.6 GPA. Prior to your first round interview, there will be a reception. This is pretty casual, use the opportunity to ask questions and introduce yourself to the recruiter and Associates/Partners as they may interview you the next day. 1st round is a simple behavioral interview, know why you want to work for Pwc, explain your background, and ask questions. Most importantly be excited and show you are eager to learn and have something to add to the firm.
    Final round interviews in NYC are a superday, two 30 min behavioral and one case interview. You will most likely meet with a Manager, Senior Associate, and finally a Partner. You're given the case two days in advance so you can prepare, and upon arrival are given 45 min to prepare a presentation on hard copies of powerpoint slides, and answer additional questions given to you upon arrival- this is nothing to be worried about! Some people who prepped for months doing case studies did not get an offer- I had no prior case interview experience except from a class the previous fall semester. I read some of Case and Point and watched Victor Cheng's youtube videos. You will simply present your slides to a Manager or Senior Assoc.
    I suggest using the STAR method for all behavioral questions.
    There will be A LOT of time for you to ask questions, so DO YOUR RESEARCH!!
    And- do not forget to send thank you emails to EVERYONE you met with before the end of the day.
    I had my final round interview on a Friday, the Partner called me on a Saturday to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader in group work? Tell me an example
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict in group work
      What is interesting about you that's not on your resume?
      Why PwC?
      Tell me why I should hire you in 60 seconds.

Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Applied through college recruitment. GPA of 3.5+ was required in order to submit application. Was contacted by recruiter for interview at school. Somewhat informal interview probably due to the fact that it's only a student intern position. No news ever since the interview. Tried to follow up with recruiter but to no avil.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview. Recruiter was just doing a run though the resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Application online for an internship.
    First contact per mail asking about interest in a internship position within the department (Mergers & Acquisitions).
    Then one hour phone interview.
    First part (about 30 min) consisted of typical interview questions (personal / cv) as well as a bit behavioral ones. The other half of the interview was about solving a case (M&A topic).

Interview Questions
    • Name three (!) biggest challenges in your life.
      Giving case studies within a phone interview is quite unusual (therefore unexpected).

Answer Question
    Internship salaries were not negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First contacted a PwC campus represent through school's career fair. Applied via school career center website and was selected for Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) on-campus interview. 2 rounds in total. 1st Interview: On-campus; all behavioral questions. Surprised to have a 1st round interview with a partner but went well. Selected for 2nd round: office-visit interview. 3 interviews at office. 1 with partner, 2 with MDs. Each interview is 45 minutes long. Most questions were fit/behavioral, but had some technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • One of the MDs asked about accounting terms such as cashflows. Froze immediately.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

Went through university recruiting. Dinner beforehand, interview the next day. Questions were mostly standard with a few that I hadn't considered.

I interviewed specifically within CIPS/TICE. Even though I reviewed before the interview I completely blanked on which was which during the interview. It didn't come up, but I would have liked to have touched on it.

One interview was completely behaviorials, the other was personality/fit, however my interviewer asked one question and then talked at me the following 45 mins.

Interview Questions
    • How do your time management skills impact your skill set?   Answer Question