PwC

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details I found all well and easy until the partner interview. All though the partner interview seemed very relaxed and I felt I nailed it they said I didn't really sell myself enough. I feel really stupid when I do it but I guess it needs to be done. Other than that everything was great and everybody is really friendly. The pool of candidates is always strong so I guess you need to be very upfront.

Interview Question – I got asked about my internship. To be honest I felt I oversold it but they thought I went way under. If you have any experience make it sound like you saved the company from bankruptcy and everything you learned will help you at PWC.   Answer Question

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Was selected through on-campus recruiting. PwC had a formal dinner the day before the interview where you could ask questions to current employees. Very professional. Had the interview the next day with the same person i spoke to the night before. Went very well. Never got a yes or no answer.

Interview Question – What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Office where there were alumni from my university where much more receptive to me, and vice versa. If you're not from one of their "core" schools then you can forget it.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked many questions about my resume, but the most unexpected was just about me. He asked, "what do you like to do?" which is a very simple question but it caught me off guard. I would just try to be personal and not so serious and rigid.   Answer Question

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details I applied through my university and received documents to be filled out online two weeks later. I was then called for an initial phone screen one week after that. The questions were pretty general like when will I have completed 150 credits and if I plan to pursue a CPA license. A week later I scheduled a phone interviewed that lasted about thirty minutes.

Interview Question – Why do you prefer audit over tax?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Applied through university website, and go an initial phone interview.

Interview Question – How would you explain distributed systems to your grandmother?   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details Step 1. Numerical and logical tests.
Step 2. In-office tests: accounting, tax, English.
Step 3. HR interview
Standard hr questions: life goal, achievements, education, why PwC etc.
Step 4. Manager and director interview.
Professional questions: how interests are taxed

Interview Question – Do you intend to continue working at PwC after?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard form of labour contract - no room for negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details First went through on campus recruiting. Met with a manager from PWC and was very conversational interview. Asked about teamwork examples (bad team players, how you handled situation, etc). Received a call for a second round interview about 4-5 days afterwards. The super day kept being pushed back because they wanted all the candidates to be in the office at the same time. Was pushed back about 3 weeks to late November.
Superday started with breakfast, a HR manager presentation and then a panel with 2 young associates. Make sure to ask a question ( I asked about opportunities for international travel). Next I had 3 consecutive interviews starting with the manager, then director and lastly managing director. The manager asked the most technical questions ( Why Pwc, why tax, how do you manage time, work late + manage course load, team work, etc). The director was very laid-back and talked about the social aspect, sports teams that PWC can offer. Maybe asked 1 question off my resume regarding previous internship. Lastly was the managing director. Asked several questions about why accounting, why my school and why tax. Make sure to speak about at least one relevant accounting issue related to your position with the partner. This will set you apart from other candidates and the partners will love it that you did some outside research. Overall process was simple. Interviewed wendesday and heard back Monday for an offer in NYC office.

Interview Question – Why accounting? Why Tax? Why Pwc? Give examples of how you managed extensive course load/job/ school at once.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details I got in contact with a recruiter. We did a preliminary interview before I interviewed with a partner. Then on the Super Day I interviewed with several partners. The whole interview process was long but very easy going in the beginning. Towards the end the interviews got to be a little more nerve racking.

Interview Question – "Tell me a situation in which you had to..." Scenario questions are the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None for the start internship.

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details Met PwC at a career fair and was invited to interview a few days later. Process was very straightforward. Interviewer was very knowledgeable and did not ask any hard or challenging questions. The interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. I was given a thorough overview of the job details and the overall culture of the work environment.

Interview Question – Why PwC?   Answer Question

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details I applied through campus career services. It's an on-campus interview. I got response back in one week. Two interviewers includes one manager and one partner. There is also a pre-interview night before the interview date. You can many different employees from different department.

Interview Question – Basic behavior questions: tell me about yourself? why PwC?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Internship interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.