PwC

Updated 6 Dec 2014

2.8

112 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

They grilled me about my grades. It was frustrating and insulting. Even if they love you at the interviews and events it's all about numbers to them at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult situation what did you do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

-I was referred by a friend
    -The interviewers tend to be very friendly and the usualy break the ice with a really long intro about their life or work history, which is great to calm your nerves and get your ssss together.
    -The partner interview I would say is the least difficult and it is very conversational, they like to talk a lot, ask very few questions and are very laidback, trust me I have been thru them twice.
    -The manager or senior interview on the other hand tend to be more behavioral and they ask a LOT of basic question you could find on any site so be prepared and have an answer to every question like strenght, weakness, long and short goals, difficult situation and solution, etical dilema, ect.
    -The best advice I can give you is to KNOW YOUR RESUME, BE YOURSELF, KEEP EYE CONTACT (AT ALL TIMES), ASK QUESTIONS (ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT, HAVE A LOT PREPARED AND THE MORE YOU CAN RELATE THEM TO SOMETHING THEY SAID DURING THE INTERVIEW THE BETTER AND ASK QUESTIONS TO ANYBODY YOU INTERACT WITH DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS)AND PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and you'll do fine.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Interviewed with a Partner and Human Resources. It was a quick interview to go over my education, resume, and skills I have attained throughout my other jobs. Spoke briefly about college and was a good conversation.

Interview Questions
    • A bit intimidating for an interview, but the questions were pretty basic. Just have a positive attitude and drive to succeed.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Did the whole on campus recruiting/networking it was pretty easy. Just be yourself. Next, PwC had a lot of socials where you meet a lot of professionals. Every interview I had was all conversational and did not get one behavioral question.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

2 consecutive days. One business casual super day for networking etc. Then the following day was 3 back to back interviews with partners and managers. All very nice people. Great environment. Very comfortable.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied for the full time position of Tax Associate through the campus website and got invited for on-campus interview. The interviewer was a director at PwC and the process was very smooth. The questions consisted of typical behavioral questions (no technical questions) such as tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when..., why did you choose tax, etc. I got a phone call two weeks later for a second round interview and I haven't gone through it yet, so wish me luck!! But the second round consists of a pre-night dinner with staff which is a little bit informal to break the ice. Then for the actual interview, you are invited to the office you have applied for. The interview typically consists of three 30-minute interviews with two partners and one director. There will be behavioral questions but it is more conversational type, they merely want to see if you are a good fit for their firm. There will be an office tour and probably a presentation on the company conducted by a recruiter. You will also get introduced to staff (associates, partners, directors, and etc.), so you will have lots of opportunities to ask questions, network, and see if the company is a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected if you prepare for typical behavioral interview questions. Make sure to have personal examples of your experiences and ask questions in the end when you are provided with the opportunity.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

through the university recruiting, then pre interview dinner night, partner are graduate from our university, most of employee who had dinner with us are graduate from our college. on campus interview. the interview questions are basic, tell me about yourself. i did not get second round. so...

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

two days of interviews. Impressive tour. PwC strangely opted to have no tax attorneys interview me and failed to pair me with a tax attorney for the events... even though I actually went to school with several.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining to an accountant why a lawyer would want to get into tax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

We received an email from our career services to apply for the position and I did so. A week or so later, I received an invitation for a campus interview. I was really surprised they chose my application as I had absolutely no experience in accounting, tax or audit. The only experience I had was in retail. To prep for my interview, I prayed (of course), and use this website to help me prepare.

The day of the interview, I interviewed with a director in tax. Before then, one of the senior associates and I were having leisurely conversation as she assured me that my interviewer was really nice, and that, she was. She introduced herself, told me about her background and asked about mine. The entire interview was based on behavioral questions, which she explained first hand. The interview went really well and I was anxiously awaiting an onsite invite.

Three days later, I received an invite for an onsite visit. It was just as described in feedback I had previously read on glassdoor. Three days after that, I attended a dinner where I was able to meet with other candidates and employees of the main 3 levels (senior associates, managers, and partners). I was so excited! The dinner was more of a get-to-know-you and ask any questions type of deal. The next day were interviews. I was assigned a buddy who took me on a tour and to the interviewers. The interviews, for me, were more conversational. If you are very personable and are prepared to share stories, your interviews will pass quickly.

After the interviews we were treated to lunch and later they told us more about the company and its culture. (Make sure you have plenty of questions!)

The long awaited (for me anyway ha ha), five days later, I received a call from the partner who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about doing research if you had too much information? Not enough information?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was very please with my offer.