PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014

2.8

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied for the full time position of Tax Associate through the campus website and got invited for on-campus interview. The interviewer was a director at PwC and the process was very smooth. The questions consisted of typical behavioral questions (no technical questions) such as tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when..., why did you choose tax, etc. I got a phone call two weeks later for a second round interview and I haven't gone through it yet, so wish me luck!! But the second round consists of a pre-night dinner with staff which is a little bit informal to break the ice. Then for the actual interview, you are invited to the office you have applied for. The interview typically consists of three 30-minute interviews with two partners and one director. There will be behavioral questions but it is more conversational type, they merely want to see if you are a good fit for their firm. There will be an office tour and probably a presentation on the company conducted by a recruiter. You will also get introduced to staff (associates, partners, directors, and etc.), so you will have lots of opportunities to ask questions, network, and see if the company is a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected if you prepare for typical behavioral interview questions. Make sure to have personal examples of your experiences and ask questions in the end when you are provided with the opportunity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

through the university recruiting, then pre interview dinner night, partner are graduate from our university, most of employee who had dinner with us are graduate from our college. on campus interview. the interview questions are basic, tell me about yourself. i did not get second round. so...

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

two days of interviews. Impressive tour. PwC strangely opted to have no tax attorneys interview me and failed to pair me with a tax attorney for the events... even though I actually went to school with several.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining to an accountant why a lawyer would want to get into tax.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I send job application to pwc's website and through campus career center. One campus interview which is mainly about behavior questions. The manager is very nice and friendly. I do not got the second-round interview.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Knowing someone will help make it easier to get into the company as it is largely based on word of mouth. Having prior experience can help or coming from another Big 4 company.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

They will ask you to tell them about yourself. They will be looking out for teamwork examples, and whether you're a teamplayer. The interview process is very relaxed. Basically just be yourself!

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2014.

The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds

resume screening,
    interview with hiring manager,
    interview with director and partner.

Tax Associate Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR and they were really helpful.