QinetiQ North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Administrative Support Specialist
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2010.

Interview Details This company was not truthful about the current situation. They were misleading intentionally so that someone would take the job. Even when they knew the company was going to be sold, they would not tell the applicants because they thought no one would accept the positions.

Interview Question – The questions were politically incorrect and in some cases insulting. Most unprofessional interview ever!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer from someone else in the company.

I T Specialist Interview

I T Specialist
Bound Brook, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2010.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a headhunter and told the hiring process could take up to six months due to a background security check. After approval, a series of three interviews were given and an offer of employment made. I accepted the offer and an official "on-boarding" meeting with H.R. was held prior to beginning at the client site.

Interview Question – During the background check: "Is there any reason someone might be able to influence you?" It's a question that requires some thought.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was asked if the offer was acceptable and I answered, yes.

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Engineering Supervisor
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in March 2010.

Interview Details The interviewing process was rather straight forward. I believe that I have more experience and capabilities than the people that interviewed me.

Interview Question – As I said, I believe that i have more experience and capabilities than those that interviewed me. I did not encounter any questioning that i viewed as difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple!

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in September 2009.

Interview Details Submitted resume, then took a telephone interview

Interview Question – No unexpexted questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Acceptable

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in February 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview, asked about formatting, previous writing contribution and took word test

Interview Question – Discuss writing potential in an under staffed environment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On the spot during interview. Negotiated pay and relocation.

Consultant Engineer Interview

Consultant Engineer
Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in March 2011.

Interview Details Good interview, fast turn around and opportunity to go direct is always there

Interview Question – None, they have good interview chemistry and if you can substantiate what is on your resume the trust you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Mutually agreed upon

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Staff Electrical Engineer
Waltham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2013.

Interview Details Was contacted by corporate after applying online, took a while to hear back from them - a few weeks. Set up the interview in a day or two, they were flexible on timing which was nice.

Met with 3 people at once, unique for me at least, but saved some time.

They asked me basic questions about my work experience, skills I had etc. Nothing too grilling technically, like asking me to derive op-amp transfer functions etc.

All 3 were very engaging and willing to answer questions honestly and openly about the company. Very nice facility, and seemed like a good place to work, perhaps a bit over-booked with work, but that's what good management does - keeps the work back logged, and feeds it to you appropriately and with good timing.

No offer has come yet because I have a round 2 interview, the EE manager was out of the office that day, a minor goof by HR.

Interview Question – Asked about the complexity of circuit board designs I had done   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Unix Systems Engineer
Quantico, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately given an interview. After waiting in their lobby for about 20, minutes, I was lead into a conference room with the interviewer. The interviewer asked where I had driven from (which was about 1.5 hours away from their Quantico location) and why i wanted to leave. He then stated that the position is already being filled by an internal employee, and it's only a formality to get interview all other qualified candidates. When I mentioned that it was a waste of a drive if they had already chosen someone, he repeated that his boss just "told him to speak to everyone interviewing to let them know the position is no longer available." Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Question – How long did it take you to drive here?   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Linux Systems Administrator
Washington, DC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in November 2009.

Interview Details Uncomplicated, picked up by a recruiter on a firm, four-month contract with no possibility for extension. One week later, QNA was sufficiently impressed that I got an offer. The only interviewer I spoke with was the PM.

Interview Question – Whether I felt comfortable having to break into systems for the client.   View Answer

Data Monitor Interview

Data Monitor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Interview Details How do you feel about smaller work environments

Worked for QinetiQ North America? Contribute to the Community!