Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details There were three round: Aptitude,Coding and Basics of core subjects.

Interview Question – Coding questions were asked   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Initially I got two phone interviews in the same day. Both were easy, one took 40 minutes and the second one 1 hour. Basic questions about my research and previous works. At the end of both interviews they gave me quick quizes about networking. After more than one month waiting the outcome, I got a third interview request. This was the weirdest interview ever. Took almost 1 hour and half and it seems that the interviewer did not know what to ask, basically trying to make me get confused.

Interview Question – Compare simple M/M/1 queue with M/M/2 queue performance   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview Details Round 1 was an online test consisting of three sections. Section 1 consisted of aptitude/IQ question, Section 2 contained basic coding questions and 3 consisted of one out of software,EC(Signals) or VLSI, the one for which the candidte is sitting.
Round 2 was 30 min technical interview in which previous project details, basic core theory and coding questions were asked. Puzzles of medium level difficulty were also asked.
Third round is HR round,which hardly lasts 10 min consisting of the most general hr questions asked in a interview.

Interview Question – Coding questions are asked even from an electrical or EC students if applied for hyderabad.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Talked to a recruiter at my campus' career fair and received an email for an on-campus interview. Interview was an hour long, starting off with many questions about the specifics of my resume and followed by a few simple technical questions involving basic list stuff and some bit manipulation and general knowledge things.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, not a difficult question pool   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

Interview Details Initially Qualcomm took a aptitude test and shortlisted 9 from 36 students( EE and CS combined). This was followed by 2 telephonic interview-Technical followed by HR.

Technical interview lasted for 10-13 min.They initially ask for your field of interest and ask questions based on that-mine was Digital system design,Embedded systems
Questions:
-How to make a counter
-difference between synchronous and asynchronous counters
-which of the above takes less time

-parts of a microprocessor
-is peripherals mandatory for microprocessors
-interrupts-hardware and software
-what happens when an interrupt is made
-difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
-which of the above takes less time for decoding

HR interview was the next morning.It was easy and lasted hardly 7 minutes
Questions:
-What do you expect at Qualcomm
-why do you want to join Qualcomm

Interview Question – -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
-which of the above takes less time for decoding
  View Answer

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts. Also some concepts from OS.

Interview Question – Not very difficult question. But since I had not reviewed OS very well, I did not know about priority inversion.   Answer Question

Boxborough, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details After the interview, we have a weekly meeting to review all candidates, then our recommendations are passed back to hiring managers. Then they have to make their calls. I would say 2 weeks at the most.

Interview Question – No doubt it is difficult to land a position at QC. We would get hundreds of resumes a day, so you really have to stand out. Specifically tailor your resume' to the job description you're going for, if you can.
HR will hit you with a feeler phone interview, then one of our senior staff will follow up. Depending on the person you get, this could be easy or very difficult. Know the basics of sw engineering and systems. Know the types of memory SW uses & OS fundamentals. Be prepared to answer a programming question on the phone. If you get past that, they'll fly you in and you'll interview one-on-one w/ about 6 people who will grill you (I was one of them). Answer questions to the best of your ability, but don't get too cocky. If you get stuck, ask them what they think of your idea. Have a positive attitude, be friendly, and relax.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details Three phone interviews; two technical and one with HR. Mostly basic digital design and timing concepts.

Interview Question – How do interrupts work in a microprocessor   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Interview Details Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question

Allahabad (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2012.

Interview Details Qualcomm go to some selected collages where they take a written tests followed by a tech interview and an HR interview.Written test has 3 parts a general ability ,c programing , and core stream question(VLSI ,IT,Communication).Qualcomm has 2 centers BDC(Bangalore Design Center ) and Hyderabad in india as design center.

Interview Question – IN SR Flipflop 11 is undefined condition when it is made up of nand or nor gate.   View Answer

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!