Qualcomm

Updated 13 Nov 2014
Updated 13 Nov 2014

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

One phone interview, first half was technical but no coding. One high level design question related to my expertise and the particular position I was seeking, one OOP question.

Second half was behavioral/non-technical. The interviewer asked me about something on my resume too, and requested that I elaborate on what I did for a particular item he was interested in and what my responsibilities were.

Overall very easy interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Career Fair at my University, gave my resume and called for an in-person 45 minute technical interview. Asked a lot of questions on C++. Asked if I knew about sorting algorithms and then asked me to sort 10 random numbers using mergesort. Also gave me a sheet of paper with a C++ function on it and asked me to point out the mistakes.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

They came to campus and I got an interview after attending an event. They emailed me to ask for a time that I was available for a 45 minute interview with a software developer the next week. Within two weeks of the interview I received an email saying that they would not be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions
    • 15 minutes of background, 15 minutes of technical questions, 15 minutes about the company and the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview included two rounds on phone; first with an engineer and than manager.
    Just resume walkthrough and one programming question. It also included many behavioural questions. They asked about one project in detail and told me to talk throught the whole implementation.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

The process was a single one-on-one interview on campus. My interviewer was very forgiving of mistakes and was willing to discuss problems through with me. He seemed really excited to tell me about Qualcomm, the company culture, and the kind of work he did. The recruiter was extremely nice as well and helpful throughout, and I knew the results within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • For internships, all of Qualcomm's questions are very basic, standard CS problems with no twists. For instance: reverse a string, find the nth-to-last element of a linked list, counting characters in a string, etc. They will usually ask 3-4 of these in a single interview or until you run out of time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship, but the offer deadline can be pushed back if you ask.

Intern Interview

I find out this job by school career center's Newsletter. I apply by send my resume to the recruiter's email. It took one week to get the phone interview. This position is locate at Boston instead of San Diego.
    The interview is easy and it took about one hour. Basic question about transistor and the project I did.

Interview Questions
    • Basic question about explain what makes an transistor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Initially I got two phone interviews in the same day. Both were easy, one took 40 minutes and the second one 1 hour. Basic questions about my research and previous works. At the end of both interviews they gave me quick quizes about networking. After more than one month waiting the outcome, I got a third interview request. This was the weirdest interview ever. Took almost 1 hour and half and it seems that the interviewer did not know what to ask, basically trying to make me get confused.

Interview Questions
    • Compare simple M/M/1 queue with M/M/2 queue performance   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Talked to a recruiter at my campus' career fair and received an email for an on-campus interview. Interview was an hour long, starting off with many questions about the specifics of my resume and followed by a few simple technical questions involving basic list stuff and some bit manipulation and general knowledge things.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions
    • In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   View Answer
    No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Initially Qualcomm took a aptitude test and shortlisted 9 from 36 students( EE and CS combined). This was followed by 2 telephonic interview-Technical followed by HR.

Technical interview lasted for 10-13 min.They initially ask for your field of interest and ask questions based on that-mine was Digital system design,Embedded systems
    Questions:
    -How to make a counter
    -difference between synchronous and asynchronous counters
    -which of the above takes less time

-parts of a microprocessor
    -is peripherals mandatory for microprocessors
    -interrupts-hardware and software
    -what happens when an interrupt is made
    -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
    -which of the above takes less time for decoding

HR interview was the next morning.It was easy and lasted hardly 7 minutes
    Questions:
    -What do you expect at Qualcomm
    -why do you want to join Qualcomm

Interview Questions
    • -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
      -which of the above takes less time for decoding
        View Answer