Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
53 interviews

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I find out this job by school career center's Newsletter. I apply by send my resume to the recruiter's email. It took one week to get the phone interview. This position is locate at Boston instead of San Diego.
The interview is easy and it took about one hour. Basic question about transistor and the project I did.

Interview Questions
  • Basic question about explain what makes an transistor.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

There were three round: Aptitude,Coding and Basics of core subjects.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Initially I got two phone interviews in the same day. Both were easy, one took 40 minutes and the second one 1 hour. Basic questions about my research and previous works. At the end of both interviews they gave me quick quizes about networking. After more than one month waiting the outcome, I got a third interview request. This was the weirdest interview ever. Took almost 1 hour and half and it seems that the interviewer did not know what to ask, basically trying to make me get confused.

Interview Questions
    • Compare simple M/M/1 queue with M/M/2 queue performance   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Round 1 was an online test consisting of three sections. Section 1 consisted of aptitude/IQ question, Section 2 contained basic coding questions and 3 consisted of one out of software,EC(Signals) or VLSI, the one for which the candidte is sitting.
    Round 2 was 30 min technical interview in which previous project details, basic core theory and coding questions were asked. Puzzles of medium level difficulty were also asked.
    Third round is HR round,which hardly lasts 10 min consisting of the most general hr questions asked in a interview.

Interview Questions
    • Coding questions are asked even from an electrical or EC students if applied for hyderabad.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Talked to a recruiter at my campus' career fair and received an email for an on-campus interview. Interview was an hour long, starting off with many questions about the specifics of my resume and followed by a few simple technical questions involving basic list stuff and some bit manipulation and general knowledge things.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Initially Qualcomm took a aptitude test and shortlisted 9 from 36 students( EE and CS combined). This was followed by 2 telephonic interview-Technical followed by HR.

Technical interview lasted for 10-13 min.They initially ask for your field of interest and ask questions based on that-mine was Digital system design,Embedded systems
    Questions:
    -How to make a counter
    -difference between synchronous and asynchronous counters
    -which of the above takes less time

-parts of a microprocessor
    -is peripherals mandatory for microprocessors
    -interrupts-hardware and software
    -what happens when an interrupt is made
    -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
    -which of the above takes less time for decoding

HR interview was the next morning.It was easy and lasted hardly 7 minutes
    Questions:
    -What do you expect at Qualcomm
    -why do you want to join Qualcomm

Interview Questions
    • -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
      -which of the above takes less time for decoding
        View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts. Also some concepts from OS.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult question. But since I had not reviewed OS very well, I did not know about priority inversion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boxborough, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

After the interview, we have a weekly meeting to review all candidates, then our recommendations are passed back to hiring managers. Then they have to make their calls. I would say 2 weeks at the most.

Interview Questions
    • No doubt it is difficult to land a position at QC. We would get hundreds of resumes a day, so you really have to stand out. Specifically tailor your resume' to the job description you're going for, if you can.
      HR will hit you with a feeler phone interview, then one of our senior staff will follow up. Depending on the person you get, this could be easy or very difficult. Know the basics of sw engineering and systems. Know the types of memory SW uses & OS fundamentals. Be prepared to answer a programming question on the phone. If you get past that, they'll fly you in and you'll interview one-on-one w/ about 6 people who will grill you (I was one of them). Answer questions to the best of your ability, but don't get too cocky. If you get stuck, ask them what they think of your idea. Have a positive attitude, be friendly, and relax.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Three phone interviews; two technical and one with HR. Mostly basic digital design and timing concepts.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!