Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,006 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions
    • In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   View Answer
    No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Applied online and also submitted resume at Career fair. Got a call for summer intern and had 2 phone interviews.
    First interview was entirely about verilog basics and verifying a FIFO. Second interview was about one of my projects and also OS basics like semaphores and memory management. Had a really good conversation about the position and expected work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you thoroughly verify a FIFO design in Verilog?   Answer Question
    Fixed salary for interns but amazing perks. So no need for negotiation.

Mixed Signal Designer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The interview was very technical - more than I expected. No question was asked about my profile or the job profile as such. Directly technical questions were asked. And sometimes its very tough to understand technical questions over the phone to answer then correctly. At the end I was able to answer some parts but it took too much time to understand the questions correctly.

Interview Questions
    • noise due to current source of diff-amp taken differentialy   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

applied through campus.process took 2 days. there was an online test consisting of apps , c and ds and a section which covered all the basics of electronics. Time matters as there will be data interpretation questions in online test. test was followed by 3 rounds of technical interview and an hr interview , thorough knowledge of basics of digital electronics and vlsi is a must.

Software Engineer Interview

Had an on site interview at my University. They asked about my projects and a couple technical questions.The technical questions were nothing too hard, material that you should've learned in your classes.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time that you had trouble with another teammate?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

The interview process at Qualcomm was very professional, but a little slow moving. After applying on the company website I had a phone interview two weeks later, and then a second phone interview two weeks after that. The first interview involved analyzing the frequency response of a basic circuit, and the second interview consisted of a huge range of questions about different IC design topics.

Interview Questions
    • What determines in band and out of band phase noise in a PLL?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

Initial contacted by recruiter who setup the telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was very confusing. The interviewer had an accent and it was very difficult to understand the questions and reply back. I was really surprised to get an onsite interview call. The position was in Austin but my onsite interview was in Durham,NC. The team was split between Austin and North Carolina.

I was put in a nice hotel very close to the interview location. The stay and travel arrangements were excellent. Next day morning, the interview started at 9:00am. There were 6 rounds of technical 1:1 interview. The interview was led by director followed by his team members. The transition between the interviews were smooth with one interviewer leading you to another's cubicle. I thought they could have saved a lot of time if they had scheduled the interviews in the same room. The surprise was they had a skype interview setup with 2 Austin team members from Durham.

Coming to the questions:
    1) There were many questions on my experience. What I was doing in my current role? Am I a team player or sole contributor?
    2) white boarding alligned_malloc in C, bit manipulations; write a simple program to identify power of
    3) Questions about test plan, test flow, test procedure and testing harness
    4) OS and kernel concepts. The interviewer buried me with lot of device driver and process management questions. I thought I lost it here.. He asked me about scheduling, process management, file management, daemons, IPC communications, signal handling......
    5) White boarding circular linked list program, multi threading implementation algorithm

End of it, I felt little exhausted and disappointed because I knew I did not crack an important round. You know some rounds are important in an interview.. I felt the OS and kernel concepts round was pretty important and I lost my way in that interview.

At hind sight, I felt it was good because I did not like the co-ordination between the Austin and NC team. The answers provided to questions about team interactions and sync up meetings was not convincing enough. Also, looks like there were missing decision makers in Austin site.

I did not hear back from the recruiter for a week, I called her back and checked to know my result. One thing to note here, it is always better to wait for a result, I have heard from many people that companies keep candidate's waiting if his/her performance is on an edge. If they don't get better candidates to fill the position, they will start considering the borderline cases. Henceforth, I will wait at least 3 weeks after my interview to ask for a response.

Interview Questions
    • Linux file & process management, Java Multi threading questions   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Initial phone round for brief session about my resume. After that followed by a 1 hr Skype interview . Asking in detail about Object Oriented principles, Perl and some Networking concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult Question was Networking concepts. I was completely un prepared but managed to do so somehow   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

- Submitted application online and a few weeks later the recruiter contacted to set up a phone interview. A week after phone interview they flew me over to San Diego for an on-site interview with different people in the group. Interviewers ranges from Senior and Staff Engineers to managers. Interview covered basic managerial questions as well as questions on Rf fundamentals, transceiver design, and troubleshooting techniques for hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Describe pros and cons of zero-IF transceiver architectures. Design techniques for mitigating cons, and design circuit to implement such a solution.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

There was only one round of interview for the contract position i have joined. It was so easy to clear the interview.There was only one round of interview for the contract position i have joined. It was so easy to clear the interview.There was only one round of interview for the contract position i have joined. It was so easy to clear the interview.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!