Qualcomm

Updated 18 Nov 2014
1,059 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

One phone interview, first half was technical but no coding. One high level design question related to my expertise and the particular position I was seeking, one OOP question.

Second half was behavioral/non-technical. The interviewer asked me about something on my resume too, and requested that I elaborate on what I did for a particular item he was interested in and what my responsibilities were.

Overall very easy interview.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied online on the job portal, Got a phone interview for the position of design verification engineer in Qualcomm QCT, Santa Clara. After phone interview was called upon for onsite interview which had 4-5 rounds. People who took interview were very detailed oriented and were looking for specific implementation details

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty basic and were related to fundamentals of logic design and verification.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Contacted by HR, and scheduled for 2 phone interviews. After the 2nd interview, I was told there would be a third phone interview which was not originally scheduled. One or two days before the third round of phone interview process, I received an email that the team decided to give me an offer. After 2-3 weeks, I received an offer letter from HR.

Interim Interview

Hired from campus directly via on-campus interviews. It was a pretty streamlined process, a cv filter followed by 2 interviews. 1 technical and 1 HR. technical questions involved the standard digital logic questions and dsp questions. Interviewers were warm and receptive and made you feel pretty comfortable in general.- Glassdor

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Qualcomm and not go for higher studies   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The first interview was a technical phone interview. The guy went straight to questions about 3D vision. After this, they called me for an on-site interview. It started with a 45-minute presentation + 10 minutes of questions. Then, seven technical interviews of around 45 minutes or 1 hour each (computer vision, programming, logic quizzes, etc.). The team took me to lunch in between. They were all very friendly and easygoing.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a particle filter without assuming a hidden Markov model.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

This is a position in Qualcomm Ventures. My background was great for the position. It took 2 weeks from initial contact to first phone interview with the Finance Manager. The questions were all behavioral and not sure if my answers exactly fit what they wanted. Got call for second phone interview a week later with the person who referred me initially. The second call was just mostly me asking questions. I asked a ton of questions, and not sure if they did not like some of my questions. I did not get the job, was informed a week after the second call. I asked the employee who referred me for feedback, but no answer.

Interim Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I applied online through Qualcomm's website. The recruiter first contacted me about 2 weeks after I applied, and my interview was scheduled for the following week.

The interview process was very friendly and conducted very efficiently. It consisted of two phone interviews, one HR interview and one technical interview. The HR interview was you very standard interview - i.e. Why Qualcomm? Why Computer Science? etc. The technical interview was also very standard, consisting of one coding problem, two brain teasers, and two conceptual questions.

After 2 weeks or so, I got a verbal offer over the phone, and a week later received the formal offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Given 9 coins with one counterfeit, heavier coin, and a balance, what is the fewest number of comparisons that you need to find the counterfeit coin.   View Answer

Staff Hardware Engineer Yield Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied through referral, called for on-site interview.
    Total - 8 rounds , Overall NONE of the interviewer is prepared, NONE of them are on-time.
    HR was the first one to interview me, she came after 10 mins of scheduled time and asked my present salary, other benefits and relocation etc. hardly 10 mins talk and then gave me a list of interviewer and schedules. Then she came to lobby and gave another list with some adjustments in schedules.
    I was waiting in the lobby for another 35 mins, first technical interviewer came (15 mins late) and took me to his office, he told that "I don't know why the hiring manager asked to interview you anyway tell me about yourself" and 30mins of white board interview.
    He dropped me in the lobby then next interviewer came 20 mins late, then the same set of questions, and took me to lunch in the cafeteria for lunch.
    Headed to another building, Third was the most important person, "Hiring manager", he came late by 10 mins and talked to me for a 5 mins then told me that he got another very important appointment so he rescheduled my interview to end of the day.
    Waiting in the lobby for another 40 mins.

Fourth person is somewhat OK, because he is NOT very late and then he asked for a resume from me. Same set of questions from "tell me about yourself to work experience etc."

Back to lobby, next person came to lobby 10 mins late. He told that he is late because he tried to print my resume, then he asked some very basics from electronics engineering, i did not do well on this round because i did not revise the basic circuit theory. He looked to be very disappointed nad asked me "what do you know in electronics?" and that round ends somehow,

He took me to the next interviewer's office, we were waiting in his office 10 mins, the interviewer came and looked to be shocked by seeing us in his office, He started asking some basic physics laws, i don't know if we use it anywhere in the Yield engineer job, managed to give some reasonable explanation.
    Back to lobby, wait there for another 1 hr, receptionist told me that the interview round cancelled as the next person is OUT due to some urgent work.The hiring manager asked me to wait for hte hiring manager.
    The hiring manager came back to me after office hour, took me to a conference room and he explained the job roles and responsibilities, team hierarchy etc. then some questions about my work experience and the paper i published recently etc. Finally he asked the usual question, "Do you have any question?" I took this time to ask him, I was completely gone mad by previous interviewer time management and questions. I asked him that, do we need to use any physics law in job? is there any problem with watches in QUALCOMM because NO one is ON time. He simply smiled and said "we are very busy, you know how busy we are in meetings bla bla"
    Then he told he will email me within 2 weeks. It's already 3 weeks, i sent a reminder as formality, he replied with the same sentences what he told me in the interview. Should i expect anything more from this team

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe the model of a beaker of "Sea water" in to electrical network or lumped element?   View Answer

Interim Engineering Interview

I sent in my resume. A few weeks later they got back to me telling me they would like to interview me. The interviews tested my knowledge of how C++ worked but, even though they were all coding questions, mostly tested my ability to think. I had a competing offer at the time with a strict time limit and they did a good job of getting back to me before my other offer expired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't feel like any question was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Career Fair at my University, gave my resume and called for an in-person 45 minute technical interview. Asked a lot of questions on C++. Asked if I knew about sorting algorithms and then asked me to sort 10 random numbers using mergesort. Also gave me a sheet of paper with a C++ function on it and asked me to point out the mistakes.