Qualcomm

Updated 23 Feb 2015
1,092 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions
    • What are setup and hold times?
      Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
      Explain your standard cells library project.
      How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

PHY Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2015.

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your academic projects   View Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   View Answer

Software EngineerInterview Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

One online test, one technical round and one HR round. The online round covers the basics of OOPs and IQ. 15 questions in IQ, 10 in logic and reasoning and 15 in OOPs. In the Interview process, straight questions are asked but all basics of programming is necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just basics of OS, algorithms and Compilers   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

First aptitude test then communications and comprehension task including extempo. After that technical round and finally HR round. Technical round lasted for about an hour. HR interview was 15-20 mins long.

Interview Questions
    • HR related questions like "Tell me something about yourself" and then technical questions   Answer Question
    Stay calm and confident.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I had two phone interviews. Both of them focused on basics of C programming and some Networking concepts. All the questions were easy. The next round was supposed to be on-site interview where they would test your programming skills in C.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed for an engineering position. Interview questions were fairly easy, some algorithm questions and some control questions. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Overall, I thought the workplace seemed very dull, and people seemed low energy and not enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions
    • I got questions about my past experiences and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

most of the interview was based on previous work projects experience and fit in team, however I was also asked general concepts of DSP/sampling theory/filter design/technical challenges in previous projects and how they were resolved,

Audio Signal Processing Interview

Phone Interview, We fixed up a time and date, I interviewed with two people, both asking similar quesitons. They stuck to only one part of my resume, wasn't well versed on the basics of the one project they were interested in. Thus, didn't make it

Android Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I only had one over the phone interview, but we talked for about 20 minutes. The interviewer needed some one who was good with android and told me that they might need node.js work done. The interview also said that even though they were hiring for an android developer, they would have me do a lot of web development.