Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
1,035 Interview Reviews

3.1

Graphics Engineer Interview

Interview process was long (total 8 interviews which goes full day from 9 - 5). Professional interviewers. No nonsense questions. All questions related to the profile. Some of the questions were tricky. Prepare well for C programming related questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

They came to campus and I got an interview after attending an event. They emailed me to ask for a time that I was available for a 45 minute interview with a software developer the next week. Within two weeks of the interview I received an email saying that they would not be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions
    • 15 minutes of background, 15 minutes of technical questions, 15 minutes about the company and the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Went to a career fair, got contacted to do an interview about a week later. They took all the people who they interviewed out to dinner, which was nice. They also gave everyone nice hoodies too. After I interviewed they said they would get back to me in about a week maybe two. Great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • Return the index of the first unique character in a string.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, offer was really good.

Software Engineer Interview

Give resume on career fair -> Online application -> Get contacted for on campus interview -> On campus interview -> Offer
    The interviewer had no expression during the interview. But he didn't ask me very hard questions. "Cold" but nice I would say.

Product Security Team Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

One phone interview first. Mainly focus on the hash function and the buffer overflow. After that, another phone interview to match the project. Got a lot of questions in the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the details of SHA3 and how to choose parameters for it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Put my application in through the qualcomm careers website. Got a quick response within a week. HR emailed me to give them suitable dates and times. I sent them my preferred slots for a phone interview, then next day HR replied with a selected time. The HR seemed very responsive and the interview was setup for the earliest possible date.

The interviewer called me and started off with some basic review of my CV. I am in R&D, so a lot of questions and details about my projects, research. Then interview shifted to technical questions related to programming. One question was on software design, he asked me how I would go about developing a basic operating system/file system. I responded that you first define the objectives, get user/customer inputs. Define the structure, for example, you need a file system management module, display, user input, file editing etc. How would you tie these together (implement abstract classes to define API) etc. The interviewer basically wanted to see my thought process and how I approach this problem. Then I was asked to rate myself at C++, what were my weakness when it came the language etc. After about 45 minutes, the interviewer started talking about their projects and work. Gave me a chance to ask questions and possible start dates.

Got a call for second interview, waiting on that.

Interview Questions
    • The best way to sort a 1000 byte array (least complexity)   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

One phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Five rounds. Expert from different fields asked me regarding my previous work. What kind of candidate they are looking for. Some technical questions regarding statics and dynamics. MEMS technology

Senior Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Informal interview...Interviewed by 5 different managers. Asked for suggestions to resolve specific issues the teams were facing. I was surprised by a basic computer science question, asked by one of the managers. They were looking for problem solvers and thinkers. I was offered the job in a consulting role.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write the algorithm for sorting...unexpected since its typical software engineer question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview included two rounds on phone; first with an engineer and than manager.
    Just resume walkthrough and one programming question. It also included many behavioural questions. They asked about one project in detail and told me to talk throught the whole implementation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

I got on-campus interview which is supposed to be 45 m long. I heard some other candidates are asked some list, pointer kind questions or somewhat easy. I have not learned what he asked so took me more than 45 minutes. It turned out to be simple. The interviewer was really nice and tried his best to help me understand the problem and guide to the solution.

Interview Questions
    • Read value from a two 32 bit register which is consistently chainge   Answer Question