Qualcomm

987 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview Details online test followed by tr and hr.online test consisted of questions on aptitude,C, Digital electronics on flipflops,questions like ADSL,technology used in dish tvs,.In interview round questions were asked on latch and flipflop etc.,.

Interview Question – how can u weigh an odd ball among 8 balls using 2 steps(odd ball heavy or light is not given)   View Answers (2)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass.

I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case.

Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer.

I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Interview Question – Nothing much.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was bad.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Interview Details Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Question – Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Design Engineer

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details Phone interview followed by onsite. Total process took about a month. Phone interview for 45 min. Onsite interview was lengthy with 6 different people for 1 hr each. Got the offer in 2 weeks after the onsite interview.

Interview Question – Questions on Flip-flops, tristate buffer, logic design   Answer Question

Multimedia Power Management Interview

Multimedia Power Management

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details 1. Phone call interview. Basic quesitons about Linux power management. Very basic: cpufreq, cpuidle, suspend and resume.
2. Phone call interview from USA. Basic questions like before. This is English conversiaion.
3. Onsite review, still basic questions about power management. You should be very professional to basic professional. QC focus on how to analysis an issue. Just show your ideas.

Interview Question – How to power saving on multimedia use case?   Answer Question

Verification Interview

Verification

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied the job on mid of June, and I received the phone interview notification on mid of July. A senior engineer set up a phone interview and he covered something about my resume. Most questions are about system verilog, he would give some hints if you answered part of questions.

Interview Question – Covered resume and some systemverilog questions   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details will have the phone interview precreen first then determine on-site interviews. You will have the chance to meet up the people you are going to interact with in the future if you get hired. Very talent team members

Interview Question – how much do you know about Qualcomm and please give some example how you perform your previous job. How did you describe yourself. How do you consider yourself being a great program analyst   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Interim Engineering
Bridgewater, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied to Qualcomm, USA through the website. I got an interview call about 2 months after the application. Questions were focused on my resume and basic stochastic and probability. I got another interview call, similar set of questions. I was told the work description in San Diego office. Then 2 weeks later i had two interviews lined up with the Bridgewater office for a research intern. All four of my interviews went pretty good. After 2 weeks , I got an offer from the Bridgewater office and i accepted it. The entire process took about 3-4 months.

Interview Question – Suppose i choose two random variables uniformly distributed between [0,1]. What is the probability distribution of the maximum of the two random variables?   View Answer

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Software/Systems Test Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by email and set up a phone interview a few days later. I spoke briefly with the hiring manager about my past experience then he began to ask technical questions. The questions related to object oriented programming despite that the job description did not ask for that skill and my resume did not say I had it. I don't really understand why they contacted me and I assume there must be some miscommunication between HR and the hiring manager. I was quite disappointed by the experience as I had previously thought highly of the idea of working for Qualcomm.

Interview Question – When would you use a class in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Senior IT/Network Engineer Interview

Senior IT/Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Qualcomm has a fairly stringent interview process. Should you make it past the initial screen of being chosen from the large pool of applicants, you are then asked for a phone interview. Following this point, there are multiple on-site interviews. My interview started off with the two staff members giving an overview of the company, the actual questions were fairly brief (10-15mins) and then I was asked if I had any questions, for which I went fairly in depth and talked for another 15 mins until their conference room time ended. I felt the interview went great and received a similar feeling from the interviewers, however several days later I received a form letter from recruiting stating they were not moving forward with me as a candidate.

I was a little taken aback by this, as I felt the interview went very well and thought I would get the chance to 'prove myself' further in the in-person panels. Upon emailing the interviewers asking for feedback on what may have went wrong during our phone interview so that I could better myself for further opportunities, I received no response back....which was a little disappointing.

I feel that this is one of those companies where you really do need to know somebody on the inside to get a direct hire, or start off with their internship program, which at this point in my career is not a feasible option.

Interview Question – All of the questions were straight forward and consisted of common networking trivia.   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!