Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,005 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question
    I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Total process took about a month. Phone interview for 45 min. Onsite interview was lengthy with 6 different people for 1 hr each. Got the offer in 2 weeks after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on Flip-flops, tristate buffer, logic design   Answer Question

Multimedia Power Management Interview

1. Phone call interview. Basic quesitons about Linux power management. Very basic: cpufreq, cpuidle, suspend and resume.
    2. Phone call interview from USA. Basic questions like before. This is English conversiaion.
    3. Onsite review, still basic questions about power management. You should be very professional to basic professional. QC focus on how to analysis an issue. Just show your ideas.

Verification Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Applied the job on mid of June, and I received the phone interview notification on mid of July. A senior engineer set up a phone interview and he covered something about my resume. Most questions are about system verilog, he would give some hints if you answered part of questions.

Senior IT/Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Qualcomm has a fairly stringent interview process. Should you make it past the initial screen of being chosen from the large pool of applicants, you are then asked for a phone interview. Following this point, there are multiple on-site interviews. My interview started off with the two staff members giving an overview of the company, the actual questions were fairly brief (10-15mins) and then I was asked if I had any questions, for which I went fairly in depth and talked for another 15 mins until their conference room time ended. I felt the interview went great and received a similar feeling from the interviewers, however several days later I received a form letter from recruiting stating they were not moving forward with me as a candidate.

I was a little taken aback by this, as I felt the interview went very well and thought I would get the chance to 'prove myself' further in the in-person panels. Upon emailing the interviewers asking for feedback on what may have went wrong during our phone interview so that I could better myself for further opportunities, I received no response back....which was a little disappointing.

I feel that this is one of those companies where you really do need to know somebody on the inside to get a direct hire, or start off with their internship program, which at this point in my career is not a feasible option.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straight forward and consisted of common networking trivia.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

will have the phone interview precreen first then determine on-site interviews. You will have the chance to meet up the people you are going to interact with in the future if you get hired. Very talent team members

Interview Questions
    • how much do you know about Qualcomm and please give some example how you perform your previous job. How did you describe yourself. How do you consider yourself being a great program analyst   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgewater, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

I applied to Qualcomm, USA through the website. I got an interview call about 2 months after the application. Questions were focused on my resume and basic stochastic and probability. I got another interview call, similar set of questions. I was told the work description in San Diego office. Then 2 weeks later i had two interviews lined up with the Bridgewater office for a research intern. All four of my interviews went pretty good. After 2 weeks , I got an offer from the Bridgewater office and i accepted it. The entire process took about 3-4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose i choose two random variables uniformly distributed between [0,1]. What is the probability distribution of the maximum of the two random variables?   View Answer

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

I was contacted by email and set up a phone interview a few days later. I spoke briefly with the hiring manager about my past experience then he began to ask technical questions. The questions related to object oriented programming despite that the job description did not ask for that skill and my resume did not say I had it. I don't really understand why they contacted me and I assume there must be some miscommunication between HR and the hiring manager. I was quite disappointed by the experience as I had previously thought highly of the idea of working for Qualcomm.

Interview Questions
    • When would you use a class in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Server Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

I applied through a job portal. First Round was a Telephonic interview, then there were multiple onsite interview rounds All the rounds concentrated more on to data structures and algorithms. Compilable code was expected. Questions evolved based on the previous answers.

Interview Questions
    • Find the number of occurances of a substring in a string   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

I applied online to Qualcomm some time in February 2014, and heard back a month later.
    I hate two interviews that were a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

The technical questions were centered around C++ or Java. The interviewer was flexible and let me answer based on the language that I preferred. There were some general questions about data structure, heap and stack, and other algorithm based questions.

I found the behavioural questions to be fairly detailed. It included experience working with teams, experience with existing code bases. and debugging methods.

Interview Questions
    • How would you debug a piece of code without access to a debugger or an IDE?   View Answer