Qualcomm Interview Questions & Reviews

993 interviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

I applied online and got an email from their HR to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was actually the person I will be reporting to if I get an offer. It was a technical round and he asked me C, C++, Linux questions. After few days I was informed that I was selected for the onsite interview. It was an all day process from 10am-5pm.. I had by 4-5 technical rounds and 1 HR round. I received the offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the standard ones expected in interview.   Answer Question

Visa issues..

Associate Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm.

A technical test conducted online consisting of IQ, technical and coding based question followed by a technical interview with questions based on resume and past coursework.
    Based on that I was given an intern position and we were expected to perform well and an exit interview was conducted by senior HR

SCM Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Phone Screening -- Not too technical! for an hour
    Onsite interview - The whole day interviews with 6-8 people.
    ssssss sssss ssss sss ssssss ssssss sss ssssss sssss sss ssss sssss sssss ssssss ssss sssssss ssssssssss ssss ssss sssssss ssss sssss sss sss ssss

Interview Questions
    • How the revisions of each file will be stored in the backend for different version control systems?   Answer Question

Senior Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

First round of technical interview followed by three rounds of onsite technical interview followed by HR round. Technical rounds are quite grilling for full time hires. When it comes to part time hires, the interview is more dependent on the team that you are giving the interview for. For test roles the interview process isn't much grilling.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take or leave attitude.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Got interview chance from internal referral. The entire process (from phone interview to onsite interview, and then got offer) takes about 1.5 month. One phone interview, and one onsite interview with 7 interviewers (6 technical interviewers and 1 HR).

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an elevator system.
      Follow up, is there any problems (from a embedded system point of view) you should prevent and how will you prevent it in your design.
        View Answer

Validatoin Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

questions will be mainly related to C language and the protocols. So you need to very good at commnication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART and may be usb and some memory related thuings.
    If you have worked on SOC then be good at the architecture of the SOC.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Recruitment was fine, friendly and set up the process. Onsite for three interviews in total. Interview with panel of peers was most difficult, they were clearly testing the waters. I appreciated my interviews with the Directors much more than the consultant level employees. Excellent casual work culture, enjoyed the experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
    Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
    Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
    Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
    Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Questions
    • How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question
    I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2010.

The interview process was really well tailored to select for critical thinking and problem solving rather than learned skills. The interviewers were clearly very technically skilled but still more concerned with creativity.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with a stack of one dollar bills and told to sort them, with no further explanation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2011.

I was interviewed during Campus selection. There were 2 technical round of interviews with one HR round. We also had one screening round with small technical question. We were offered the job on the same day. Overall Qualcomm selected 4 people from our campus in Computer science branch for Hyderabad Location. HR round was just for talking there were no relevant question. It was too general.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple related to Operating system mostly. Mainly from sceduling, Inter process communication.   Answer Question