Qualcomm

Updated 23 Feb 2015
1,092 Interview Reviews

3.1

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taoyuan (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taoyuan (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

At the beginning, I submitted me application on-line, and after 2 weeks I got interview request. First interviewed with manger from the hiring department, and after 2 weeks I interviewed again with HR.

Software Engineer Interview

one written test consisting of questions on C,DSA,aptitude,electronics and communication courses,two technical interviews based on computer architecture,digital design,vlsi,communication systems,wireless communications,projects done at university or internshipsone HR round with usual questions on personality,future plans etc.

Intern Interview

One phone interview, first half was technical but no coding. One high level design question related to my expertise and the particular position I was seeking, one OOP question.

Second half was behavioral/non-technical. The interviewer asked me about something on my resume too, and requested that I elaborate on what I did for a particular item he was interested in and what my responsibilities were.

Overall very easy interview.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied online on the job portal, Got a phone interview for the position of design verification engineer in Qualcomm QCT, Santa Clara. After phone interview was called upon for onsite interview which had 4-5 rounds. People who took interview were very detailed oriented and were looking for specific implementation details

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty basic and were related to fundamentals of logic design and verification.   Answer Question

Senior Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)
    Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The first interview was a technical phone interview. The guy went straight to questions about 3D vision. After this, they called me for an on-site interview. It started with a 45-minute presentation + 10 minutes of questions. Then, seven technical interviews of around 45 minutes or 1 hour each (computer vision, programming, logic quizzes, etc.). The team took me to lunch in between. They were all very friendly and easygoing.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a particle filter without assuming a hidden Markov model.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Contacted by HR, and scheduled for 2 phone interviews. After the 2nd interview, I was told there would be a third phone interview which was not originally scheduled. One or two days before the third round of phone interview process, I received an email that the team decided to give me an offer. After 2-3 weeks, I received an offer letter from HR.

Interim Interview

Hired from campus directly via on-campus interviews. It was a pretty streamlined process, a cv filter followed by 2 interviews. 1 technical and 1 HR. technical questions involved the standard digital logic questions and dsp questions. Interviewers were warm and receptive and made you feel pretty comfortable in general.- Glassdor

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Qualcomm and not go for higher studies   Answer Question
    No negotiation

RF Embedded Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

Got a mail to schedule the interview. After 4 days, I interviewed on phone and started with going through my CV. Asked a lot of LTE protocol, RF chain(Mixer, LNA, PLL) related questions and some multithreading questions. I could not answer a few. Specific topics like design of PLL, LNA, mutex, semaphores and basic C questions.

Modem Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

Contacted by recruiter for the position. Replied with the resume but had to wait for weeks for the feedback. Then finally interview was scheduled. Asked to come in person. The interviewers name given in the schedule and the people who took the interview was different. Strange but true.

Interview Questions
    • If you give a cdma signal to oscilloscope, what will you see ?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

This is a position in Qualcomm Ventures. My background was great for the position. It took 2 weeks from initial contact to first phone interview with the Finance Manager. The questions were all behavioral and not sure if my answers exactly fit what they wanted. Got call for second phone interview a week later with the person who referred me initially. The second call was just mostly me asking questions. I asked a ton of questions, and not sure if they did not like some of my questions. I did not get the job, was informed a week after the second call. I asked the employee who referred me for feedback, but no answer.