Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
1,038 Interview Reviews

3.1

Interim Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Met with recruiter on campus. Invited to program at Qualcomm then did mock interviews. We did a phone interview and a in person interview. Didn't get offered for first summer. Got offered for next summer.

Interview Questions
    • The coin question. Find the coin that has a different weight out of 9 coins.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Had one on-campus interview after the career fair. Didn't get an offer. Later I had two phone interviews and got an offer. The interview questions are fair. Not too hard comparing to some other software companies.

Interim Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Very straightforward and fast, 2 Interviews, 1 for QCT and 1 for R&D. If you just interview for QCT then there will be 1 interview. Both were about the same level of difficulty. Just be sure to ask a lot of questions about their experience and demonstrate a lot of interest/knowledge about what Qualcomm actually does.

Interview Questions
    • Not anything too difficult, know some object-oriented basics   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

The interview process at Qualcomm was very professional, but a little slow moving. After applying on the company website I had a phone interview two weeks later, and then a second phone interview two weeks after that. The first interview involved analyzing the frequency response of a basic circuit, and the second interview consisted of a huge range of questions about different IC design topics.

Interview Questions
    • What determines in band and out of band phase noise in a PLL?   Answer Question

Mixed Signal Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

The interview was very technical - more than I expected. No question was asked about my profile or the job profile as such. Directly technical questions were asked. And sometimes its very tough to understand technical questions over the phone to answer then correctly. At the end I was able to answer some parts but it took too much time to understand the questions correctly.

Interview Questions
    • noise due to current source of diff-amp taken differentialy   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Had an on site interview at my University. They asked about my projects and a couple technical questions.The technical questions were nothing too hard, material that you should've learned in your classes.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time that you had trouble with another teammate?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Initial phone round for brief session about my resume. After that followed by a 1 hr Skype interview . Asking in detail about Object Oriented principles, Perl and some Networking concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult Question was Networking concepts. I was completely un prepared but managed to do so somehow   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

applied through campus.process took 2 days. there was an online test consisting of apps , c and ds and a section which covered all the basics of electronics. Time matters as there will be data interpretation questions in online test. test was followed by 3 rounds of technical interview and an hr interview , thorough knowledge of basics of digital electronics and vlsi is a must.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

An interview team came travelled to my hometown to screen a number of candidates. First 15 minutes were spent with HR discussing some generic stuff, including the interview schedule, and follow up process. Indicated a formal response from them would be within 5-7 working days.
    The actual interview was with 2 separate panels made up of techical folks a couple different disciplines. They were very pleasant, patient and non confrontational. 1st panel of 2 folks had a general technical conversation with me about my past projects. The second panel was a little more technical and asked me if I would mind going to the whiteboard to draw as I described various things. The position I was looking to fill was very specific, so they targeted my questions towards my knowledge in that area instead of general engineering knowledge.
    Although nervous, they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • After describing my solution to a design problem, they quizzed me why I wouldn't have chosen a simpler Fifo type solution.   Answer Question

Communication Engineer Interview

first round was aptitude + basic programming +hardware/software
    all MCQs... first two sections are compulsory, and there is choice between hardware and software in 3rd section. (hardware questions are really tough). few students are shortlisted for interview. all the shortlisted students go through two technical interviews focused mainly on your resume and basics from your core discipline courses. then selected candidates are sent to HR.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions are not that difficult. HR may surprise you..   Answer Question