Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated 15 Apr 2015

3.1

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

I/O Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks for the phone interview and another two weeks for the onsite in San Diego. Onsite had total 6 people, 1st was hr then 5 engineers 1:1.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about driver design, cmos circuit design and transmission line theory.   Answer Question

RF Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was almost all about the resume, so prepare it carefully.
    The onsite took 6 rounds, 1 with HR, 5 with technical stuff. The people are really nice, so don't be nervous. It took me 6 hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between c and c++?
      key word virtuall

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   Answer Question

RFIC Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Give a talk about the research that I have done. Then several engineers ask questions about the research work and some basic questions on RFIC design. Even I don't know how to answer some of the questions, the interviewers will give some hints and guide me to answer them correctly.

Interview Questions

• Do the matching of LNA on the Smith Chart.   1 Answer

RF Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to a talent pool position (meaning that your profile is in the system and once there is an opening, hiring managers your profile in hand). So, I did not hear from them in months. Once there was a position available, they contacted me through e-mail to setup a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Then after that, we proceeded for a second phone interview with another hiring manager. Both interviews were not too technical and went really well as far as I could tell. Next, I was awaiting for further instructions to move on the the next step (in person interview). To my surprise a week later they contacted me saying that: "while they were impressed with my background and qualifications, they regret that they will not be pursuing employment opportunities with me at the time". I sent an e-mail back asking for feedback (because I was really curious to know what I did wrong or where I could improve) and I never heard back from them. In all honesty, I know how hard it is to get into that company so I was happy to be considered for the position in the first place.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

This is a position in Qualcomm Ventures. My background was great for the position. It took 2 weeks from initial contact to first phone interview with the Finance Manager. The questions were all behavioral and not sure if my answers exactly fit what they wanted. Got call for second phone interview a week later with the person who referred me initially. The second call was just mostly me asking questions. I asked a ton of questions, and not sure if they did not like some of my questions. I did not get the job, was informed a week after the second call. I asked the employee who referred me for feedback, but no answer.

IC Layout Designer Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple as the company was in a direct need to fill this position. I was asked a few basic questions to make sure I knew what I was talking about and then before the interview was done I was offered the position. at first I turned them down due to the contract being to short but they called back a few days later and offered me a chance to have an extended contract after a second interview. Second interview was a bit tougher but if you know what you are talking about all answers should be strait forward. nothing out of the ordinary as both of them were basically technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the process that you take when you are given a fresh piece of layout.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

One HR meeting followed by five technical interviews. All wonderful people. Tech questions mostly consists of low level concepts and algorithms. It's a long process as takes the whole day, try to remain focused and not let your mind slip.

Custom Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was planned in systematic manner. Three dates were given as choice for personal interview. Total of 6 interviews in a day including 1 HR personnel and remaining team.

Interview Questions

• How would you design your own synthesis tool ?   1 Answer