Qualcomm

308 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2010.

Interview Details I was interviewed for over 8 hours.

Interview Question – How do you monitor the budget in a project?   Answer Question

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2014.

Interview Details Pro-Telephone Interview went well. I was asked about different items on my resume.

Con- Even though I had to big projects which would have really benefited the company I did not get an in-person interview. Should have known since the Interviewer seems like he didn't understand what I was saying.

Interview Question – C/C++ programming questions which weren't really hard.   Answer Question

Engineer - Integration and Testing Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details Five people interviewed me and asked questions about my resume and lab instruments and GPS technology.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate well and took the engineer position after 4 years of full time experience. The recruiter told me she can mark the offer rejected and I got scared :) Don't accept anything without going back and forth atleast 2-3 times.

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2011.

Interview Details A phone interview that lasted 45 mins. The interview was on the basics of communication systems/DSP.

I was then called for an onsite interview that lasted an entire day. Over 6 interviews were held and most questions were centered on fundamentals of Signal Processing/Communication with a minor focus on programming. A lot of questions were on my projects

Interview Question – I had a project on MIMO OFDM phase noise compensation. The question was how I could have implemented the same for a CDMA based system   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details 2 Telephonic interviews

Interview Question – Be good at whatever you have mentioned in your resume   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Manager, Business Development Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details Meet with multiple executives from various disciplines. Engineering, business, finance. Pretty thorough process. Need a minimum education level (masters) to get into the door. Lots of PhDs hired as well. Multiple rounds for interviews to see about fit.

Interview Question – How to handle customers in a difficult situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy negotiation as they accepted all my demands. Push as hard as you can once you get an offer.

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Question – Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET
  Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details 7 interviews with people from all levels
3 departments
Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Interview Question – some questions were out of expertise area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Neutral

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Question – Modify full precission adder to half precision.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice in San Diego, CA. All 308 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.