QuikTrip Part Time Clerk Interview Questions

Updated 30 Sep 2014

2.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at QuikTrip.

Easy Test on Computer. Simple Math equations and ethics test. Interview was easy. If you smile, you're hired. By far the easiest job I've ever applied for. Position offered during first interview. Same with all of my co workers.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any. Just smile. The first week or two is your sink or swim portion. The interview is a formality.   Answer Question
Location of store assignment and hours available to work.

Other Interview Reviews for QuikTrip

Part Time Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at QuikTrip.

Well I don't feel it right to give as many details about the interview process as this asked me to do. You do go and have a simple math test done (it's a major need for when you work at QT), you watch a video about the company, you leave. That's when they give you a call back if they want to interview you. You then go to the corporate office for an interview. You have 2 weeks of training which doesn't ensure you're hired until after you pass training. It's fair, it's hard work but it's very much worth the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at QuikTrip in May 2014.

The 1st thing I did was that I applied online, after one week I got a call. They told me that I had to go up to their main office in Euless, Texas to take a math test and hopefully get the interview afterwards. I got there, took the math test and the lady in the front office told me that she would check how I did than after 5 minutes she told me I had do a great job and that I had got the interview. So she told me to wait a few moments. I went in to room for my interview. He asked me when I was able to work and because I was almost out for summer from school he asked me how many hours I could work then he asked me the type of clubs or activities I did in school and I told him the things I did. At the end of the interview the guy gave me a coupon and asked for my I.D for a background check. He told me that if I met the requirements for the job I would be called and if I didn't they would send me a letter. The next day I got a call again and they told me I had got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?   View Answer

Part-time Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at QuikTrip in March 2014.

Applying online you will be presented with a simple form to fill in your personal information and availability. I got a call within a week for a phone interview. Set up a time to go to the division office. Upon arriving, You are required to watch a video about working at QT, and take a math test. It isn't hard, but if you aren't good with math, don't even bother. Our computers don't tell us the amount of change to give, you have to do it all in your head. After the test, you will wait a few minutes and get a personal interview. If you make it through, you will need to come in the next time they have orientation, mine was on a monday evening. At this point, so long as your availability isn't changing, and you still want the job, you will at least have the opportunity to go into training. Orientation takes 2-4 hours depending on the size, my group was about 25 people. You will fill out lots of paperwork and order your uniforms. You will be assigned to a training store and have 5 days to learn and prove yourself. If you are getting it, but maybe a little slower, you will get an extra day or two to train. If you make it through (about 75% of people) you will move on to your permanent store. Congratulations, you have just started a journey with an excellent company, and should you desire, will have a long, and fulfilling career ahead of you.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are pretty much standard.. Why do you want to work at QT, how would you handle a rude customer, what skills do you posess that would make you an ideal employee, if you witness someone trying to steal what should you do? Nothing too difficult, I always struggle with the last question though (do you have any questions for me?) I tend to ask questions as we go during an interview, and always respond with "I know its not great to not have questions, but I think we covered all of my concerns. I would be happy to address any concerns or reservations you have regarding my fit for this position." And that always seems to work quite well, I highly recommend that line.   Answer Question
    Quik-Trip has everything down to a science, set rules and procedures. You do not have the opportunity to negotiate, the pay information is posted on a sign in our window, and you can view on the internal website what everyone in your division makes based on their position and length at the company.

Part-time Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at QuikTrip in March 2014.

I applied online (it's the only way QT does it now) on a Sunday and was called the next day. To be clear, that NEVER happens. Everyone else I spoke with said it took about two weeks before they were contacted. You will be reached at the phone number you provide and an interview date will be set up. You will take a test to see how well you can count change back before your interview and then you will be taken to a room where you will be asked about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, and logistics about which store you will work at.

Interview Questions
    • No matter what, in every single interview, you will be asked verbatim, "Why should I hire you?" I felt like this was a make or break question. Give a good reason why they should pick you instead of someone else! Otherwise that other person in the next interview room will and they'll give them the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at QuikTrip in October 2013.

First- get called to take an easy math assessment
    Second- interview
    Third- orientation

Part Time Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at QuikTrip in October 2013.

You are first called in to do a math test. It was a very standard interview. Be able to tell your employer about yourself and a little about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at QuikTrip in August 2013.

I applied online and I got a call about 2 weeks later for me to go to the district office and do a math test within two weeks. I went and I took my test, the test was fairly easy. It consisted of change and if you pass the test they send you to a room to watch a short video about working at Quiktrip. After you are done you wait to see if they call you for an interview. I got called for an interview and I went. I took a copy of my resume and I answered some questions. During the interview they asked about which location is closer to my home. They also asked about my availability. Some of the interview questions were: "How would you deal with unsatisfied customers?", "What were some responsibilities at your previous job?", "I can see that you are very involved in school, and your community. If I were to call your previous manager or school club sponsors what would they tell me about you?", "Do you like working with others?" When the interview was over they gave me a coupon for a free drink and they said that they would call me back within two weeks, or if I wasn't right for the position that they would send me a letter. I am currently waiting to get called back or a letter.

Part-time Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at QuikTrip in July 2013.

Simply apply online or in store
    Got called next day scheduling an appointment for the following Tuesday.
    Interviewed and got the job.
    Was required to go to orientation and then a weeks worth of training.

Part-time Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at QuikTrip.

I first applied with a paper application. I was called a couple days later to schedule my interview. During this, I had to take a change test, then was asked very standard questions, including how I would handle any rowdy customers if there were any, and what my schedule would be like.

None