QuikTrip

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview Details Well I don't feel it right to give as many details about the interview process as this asked me to do. You do go and have a simple math test done (it's a major need for when you work at QT), you watch a video about the company, you leave. That's when they give you a call back if they want to interview you. You then go to the corporate office for an interview. You have 2 weeks of training which doesn't ensure you're hired until after you pass training. It's fair, it's hard work but it's very much worth the work.

Interview Questions

Part-time Clerk Interview

Part-time Clerk
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online (it's the only way QT does it now) on a Sunday and was called the next day. To be clear, that NEVER happens. Everyone else I spoke with said it took about two weeks before they were contacted. You will be reached at the phone number you provide and an interview date will be set up. You will take a test to see how well you can count change back before your interview and then you will be taken to a room where you will be asked about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, and logistics about which store you will work at.

Interview Question – No matter what, in every single interview, you will be asked verbatim, "Why should I hire you?" I felt like this was a make or break question. Give a good reason why they should pick you instead of someone else! Otherwise that other person in the next interview room will and they'll give them the job.   Answer Question

Denton, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in January 2010.

Interview Details They are pretty picky on who they choose to interview, they don't require a lot of experience but they only look at attitude, will you be able to be cheerful. You must be neat in appearance, have a clean background, and be able to do the job duties.

Interview Question – pretty typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, they start at 8.00 and move up

Euless, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at QuikTrip in May 2014.

Interview Details The 1st thing I did was that I applied online, after one week I got a call. They told me that I had to go up to their main office in Euless, Texas to take a math test and hopefully get the interview afterwards. I got there, took the math test and the lady in the front office told me that she would check how I did than after 5 minutes she told me I had do a great job and that I had got the interview. So she told me to wait a few moments. I went in to room for my interview. He asked me when I was able to work and because I was almost out for summer from school he asked me how many hours I could work then he asked me the type of clubs or activities I did in school and I told him the things I did. At the end of the interview the guy gave me a coupon and asked for my I.D for a background check. He told me that if I met the requirements for the job I would be called and if I didn't they would send me a letter. The next day I got a call again and they told me I had got the job.

Interview Question – What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at QuikTrip in October 2013.

Interview Details You are first called in to do a math test. It was a very standard interview. Be able to tell your employer about yourself and a little about the company.

Interview Question – no difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part-time Clerk Interview

Part-time Clerk
Kansas City, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2014.

Interview Details Applying online you will be presented with a simple form to fill in your personal information and availability. I got a call within a week for a phone interview. Set up a time to go to the division office. Upon arriving, You are required to watch a video about working at QT, and take a math test. It isn't hard, but if you aren't good with math, don't even bother. Our computers don't tell us the amount of change to give, you have to do it all in your head. After the test, you will wait a few minutes and get a personal interview. If you make it through, you will need to come in the next time they have orientation, mine was on a monday evening. At this point, so long as your availability isn't changing, and you still want the job, you will at least have the opportunity to go into training. Orientation takes 2-4 hours depending on the size, my group was about 25 people. You will fill out lots of paperwork and order your uniforms. You will be assigned to a training store and have 5 days to learn and prove yourself. If you are getting it, but maybe a little slower, you will get an extra day or two to train. If you make it through (about 75% of people) you will move on to your permanent store. Congratulations, you have just started a journey with an excellent company, and should you desire, will have a long, and fulfilling career ahead of you.

Interview Question – All questions are pretty much standard.. Why do you want to work at QT, how would you handle a rude customer, what skills do you posess that would make you an ideal employee, if you witness someone trying to steal what should you do? Nothing too difficult, I always struggle with the last question though (do you have any questions for me?) I tend to ask questions as we go during an interview, and always respond with "I know its not great to not have questions, but I think we covered all of my concerns. I would be happy to address any concerns or reservations you have regarding my fit for this position." And that always seems to work quite well, I highly recommend that line.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quik-Trip has everything down to a science, set rules and procedures. You do not have the opportunity to negotiate, the pay information is posted on a sign in our window, and you can view on the internal website what everyone in your division makes based on their position and length at the company.

Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in May 2013.

Interview Details Really quite simple. Submit a form on the Quiktrip website. you should get a call within 1-2 weeks if they like what you turned in. Then you have a math test that you must get 100% on (just simple change) then you have an interview. just as a heads up only 5- 10% of people get hired.

Interview Question – "Why should you have this job over anybody else?"   Answer Question

Euless, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in July 2010.

Interview Details Must drive to Euless, Tx for math test once math test is passed then you have to drive back to Euless a second time for an interview. If you get the job you are placed at a training store which is probably not close to home but not too far from home either. You train for a week and must pass training. If you pass then you are places ata store as close to home as possible.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Euless, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at QuikTrip in October 2013.

Interview Details First- get called to take an easy math assessment
Second- interview
Third- orientation

Interview Question – How would you handle a grumpy customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2009.

Interview Details The process of getting hired was quite simple. All that you have to do is submit an application to the division office and wait for a call. If you are lucky enough to get a call then you will be asked to come in for an interview. At this interview you will be asked to do a short math quiz, followed by an interview.

Interview Question – There were really not any unexpected questions. It was a very straightforward interview.   Answer Question

Worked for QuikTrip? Contribute to the Community!