Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in October 2013.

Beautiful office, nice people, everyone wears jeans. I had a great interview with the Paralegal Coordinator and a Senior Paralegal who was part of the team seeking another paralegal. The Associates I met with were extremely nice and did not seem overstressed as with a typical AmLaw 100 firm.

Interview Questions
    • Sounds like you are doing more exciting work at your current position. Why would you want to take this position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in May 2011.

Standard interview questions and experience. Expect to meet with two or three Associates, and two or three partners. Questions revolved around your past experiences, why you want to work at Quinn, and why you are leaving your immediately prior role.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you lateralling from your former position? Were you on track to make partner at your former firm? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

I was hired through a recruiter and went a couple of times to meet with the HR manager. I was hired the same week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I was asked about background and skills.   Answer Question

Litigation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in January 2012.

The interview was conducted by a partner at the firm and the firm's practice manager. Both were delightful to meet and discuss with. The firm has a genuine can-do and think outside the box attitude. I was less exprienced to what they required but it was an experience that I would highly recommend to anyone considering applying to their London office.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working at a firm that acts against financial institutions when most top city firms act in those institutions' defence? Are you concerned about your future employability if you join the firm?   Answer Question

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview and background check.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in April 2010.

I was contacted by my recruiter regarding a position at this company. According to her I was a perfect fit for the job, and the more I researched the position and what they wanted I too felt perfect for the job. I studied up on the firm, prepared a list of possible questions with the correct answers. On the day of the interview, I met with one person. The overall atmosphere of the office was nice and seemed perfect for me. I was told that although they had no doubt I could do the job, and do it very well, because I was soft spoken I wasn't the right "fit" for the company. My work experience, qualifications and references gave them no doubt to my ability to do the job. But the fact that I was shy and soft spoken would be the reason I was passed over for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker, attorney or senior level employee who wasn't doing their fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in September 2009.

Very brief phone screen, < 30 minutes, before they flew me out for an on-site interview. Met two midlevel associates and went to lunch with one, then met the hiring partner in the afternoon. They asked several variations of 'why do you want to work at this particular firm' and seemed happy with variations on 'I like the focus on litigation' and 'I like the focus on results over presentation' (a flattering framing of the non-dress-code and generally less-formal atmosphere).

Interview Questions
    • 'why do you want to work at this particular firm'   View Answer

Took an offer at a competing firm

Worked for Quinn Emanuel? Contribute to the Community!