R.R. Donnelley

Very Easy Interview

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Bolingbrook, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details Had two managers in the interview. They were not sure of themselves and can easily see that they weren't qualified by the lack of substance in the interview. After answering a question their was a long pause for them to think up the next question. They weren't prepared with question and it seemed like they were winging it. It appeared that they didn't want to be there. They were terrible at assessing talent because of their lack of knowledge. We ended up telling jokes. It ended up being a joke. Very unprofessional especially with the decades these guys had with the company

Interview Question – How many crew members did you have on the production lines that you have ran?   View Answer

Quality Interview

Quality

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details waited 3 months, interviewed by two supervisors. informal. asked about basic computer skills and wiliness to learn. light and easy. How would you handle certain issues in the office with coworkers

Interview Question – tell us the worst thing about a past boss   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Security Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was very unorganized. It took several emails over a period of two weeks to get in touch with the recruiter after receiving an initial email. While having my 1st round interview, I wasn't given theopportunity to ask any questions with HR. When the second round interview occurred, it appeared that the interviewers were very new to interviewing. There would be long pauses after I would answer questions (I assumed that it would only take a few seconds to write my responses). While I admit that this may have not been one of my best interviews, it didn't really have any substance to it and I'm glad that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Question – How would you try to resolve bad software code within an internal application.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Preanetation Associate Interview

Preanetation Associate
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2014.

Interview Details Incredibly simple. Contacted by HR recruiter via phone, applied for job on their recommendation, talked to another person via phone two days later, offered the job two days after that.

Negotiation Details – Offer was what I was looking for to make a career move and the hours are fantastic.

Shift Lead Interview

Shift Lead

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details Very Slow and not satisfied. HR was very slow in scheduling the interview timings and the dates kept changing. The Joining date was not shared properly, there was a sudden change in joining date as well. Which was not disclosed prior.

Interview Question – Repeated questions from all the levels   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough yet it was likely satified

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in April 2014.

Interview Details Was told they wanted to hire very quickly. Interview was mostly just them trying to get dirt on their competitor who I worked for at the time. Kind of came across as arrogant. Had to follow up with them 3 times over the course of a few weeks to check status. Never received a reply. Finally I emailed telling them I was no longer interested, then they replied.

Bindery Machine Operator Interview

Bindery Machine Operator

I applied online and interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details You apply online, and get an email saying they got your application. They call you and set up an interview. As long as you are truthful with everything you put on your application you should be in good shape.

Interview Question – They ask you questions about what would you do in the situation. Coming up with an expample of how you handled a situation is kind of hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, they offer you the job and you can accept. The pay is based on a chart, nothing to negotiate there.

Premedia Tech Analyst Interview

Premedia Tech Analyst
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in June 2014.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with the divisional manager and another with the lead analyst. This was followed up with an in-person interview with both of them and another individual. They gave me a tour of the facility and we had nice informal 45-minute or so interview. They essentially went down the list of position requirements to assess my qualifications. It was a no-nonsense approach with relevant questions, a few of a behavioral nature (i.e. how would you approach learning a new application in this situation).

I was informed 3 business days later I would not be given an offer. I emailed the division manager afterward and inquired of suggestions he had to help me in future interviews, of which he promptly provided feedback.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out...most were pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details Interviewed twice to gain my current position by upper management. The first time was with the human resources area, it was a basic entry level interview, standard questions with no surprises. The second interview was with the a group of three managers including the facility manager, customer service manager and an account manager at one time.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be within the company in 5 years?   Answer Question

Print Buyer Interview

Print Buyer
Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details 3 interviews and 4 weeks to offer letter. People are very nice, interviewed with my direct report + the person above her. They made me feel very comfortable and were encouraging.

Interview Question – Salary expectation. We were pretty far apart with me being on the high side.   Answer Question

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!