Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep 2014

2.6

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon.

Called for an exploratory phone interview like what is my interests. Then called for onsite interview. Process was very smooth. Got to meet with the interviewers the night before very relaxed, easy personality questions, they really liked to just talk about the company. Definitely know the companys history etc.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Raytheon.

*Note: I was told ahead of time they were looking to hire very quickly and it would be an expedited process. I don't know how normal this is for other positions.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter 2 days later. The Recruiter gauged my interest in the job and when I said I was interested, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager.

I got a call from the manager about 45 minutes later and had about a half hour interview.

The next week I was contacted again by both the manager and HR to request an onsite Interview. The onsite interview took place 3 days later. I was contacted within 1 business day with an offer

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer and did not attempt to negotiate

Systems Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Applied for the position online. Received a call about a month later for a phone interview. Contacted by HR to schedule a second on site interview. Flew out to job site for in-person interview. Accommodated flight, hotel, rental, and meals. Interview process included several rounds of interview followed by lunch. Follow up call from HR representative a few days after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions about company and products. Something I should have known and researched.   Answer Question

Senior Industrial Security Specialist Interview

Interview process was smooth and easy. The company recruiter made the first contact, then I was contacted by the hiring manager to set up the appointment. Between those contacts, I was asked to fill out a more detailed job application. Most information was pre-loaded, so it was simply a matter of answering and agreeing to more detailed information.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses. Where do you expect to be in five years?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Raytheon in September 2014.

Overall I had a positive experience. My interview was shy of an hour long and the guy that interviewed me was very laid back. Besides the generic "why do you want the position?" questions he also asked me a lot of questions about things I had done in class and any outside projects that I had been working on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and someone else thought something should be done differently and how did you come to an agreement.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

I already had several job offers but accepted Raytheon SAS invitation for a job interview in El Segundo although I would never live in LA. They paid for air flight, and put me in a hotel in the airport area on the tenth floor, so I could admire LA smog and all year around brown clouds. I wanted to see a friend in LA; I never intended to accept potential Raytheon offer. I had 4 interviews, each about 40 minutes long. I worked for Raytheon about 10 years ago, and nothing changed. If company does not ask you any technical questions (like Raytheon), you will likely end up working with a lot of incompetent coworkers that use friendship and politics to accelerate their careers. That is exactly true about Raytheon anywhere. At Raytheon you get awarded for you inter-people skills far more than for your real contributions. Raytheon will lay people off in a heart beat. They cannot care less about their employees. Nobody asked me what I want to work on, which projects I find interesting, what would make me like my job. They claimed lots of their older employees retired, so they are now hiring aggressively. That was a lie. Raytheon's older employees accumulated lots of money in pension funds(not 401K, this is old fashion pension). During the last 5 years, these employees were offered early retirement packages, and if they did not accept them, they were laid off. Each person told me the same lie how employees just retired and would make you believe they were too old, and it was disgusting to listen to my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • We just talked about my resume. They asked me to give an example of which features to use in order to detect tanks in SAR images. They just want to know if you had some pre knowledge. 99% of time it was just chatting. I was asked about experience on my resume, my hobbies, why I want to move from the east coast to the west, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Postings on internal site come up frequently. The problem is HRs filtering process. When selected it can take upwards of 3 weeks to get in for an interview. Upon receiving an offer the HR team is quite aggressive about labeling it 'a fair offer' and can get notably agitated when you counter or comment.

Financial Analyst I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon.

Got called into a mixer to meet managers and other candidates, than got called to a private interview a week later. It was very easy going. Not to technical, but needed to prove the competency level of the job. Lasted 1 hour. Discuss about experience relevant to the job and show enthusiasm and you should be good.

Senior Test Engineer I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon.

The hiring manager called me to set up a interview about two to three weeks after I applied for the position. The interview was conducted with three other candidates and we one at a time met with four different employees within the department. Each employee had a different job title so I was asked many different questions and it wasn't all technical. Most of the questions were about my past experience and education, other questions were about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question for me was when they asked where I saw myself 5 years from now. For me this was difficult for me because I had just graduated and didn't really know what I really wanted.   Answer Question

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon in July 2014.

Recruiter arranges phone interview with a member of the UX/UI team. This was for a contract position with the digital media group. Team member was very personable and I enjoyed speaking with him. Asked for links to web sites I had built and online portfolio. Wanted to know what I used to build sites. They use Notepad++.

Interview Questions

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!