Raytheon

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.6

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon.

An interesting interview. I was given a walk through the facility by the group manager first. The folks that interviewed me were very friendly and asked me questions relating my past experience. The group provided me with a brief description of the project they were working on and described each of their roles within the group. Finally, we talked about how my past experience could complement the group's skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would your past experience be useful in the project? Could you provide situational examples for how you solved a certain engineering problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Had interview on campus at my college. Questions were pretty standard no technical questions for the first interview. Interviewers were nice except they talked for a long time which cut into my answers.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later from a Hiring Manager. I had the phone screen with him. He asked about my experience, and pretty much went over my resume. He asked me if I was willing to travel, and told me that I would get a call to schedule an interview. I got an email a week later providing dates where the other hiring manager was available and I had my interview with him and another person through the phone. They asked me about my courses in school and job experience. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your final semester project? How did you decide what each group member was in charge of when working in groups?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in February 2015.

Entry level interview started as an online, "at your own time," interview your "HireVue". The interview would prompt you with a question for 30 seconds, followed by a recorded 2 minutes through your webcam. There were a total of 12 questions. The primary bulk of the difficult questions were in the middle, with multiple choice questions at the beginning (about security clearance and citizenship) and geographical questions towards the end.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you showed time management skills.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a teammate was unhelpful, and what you did you remedy the situation.   Answer Question
    • What else would you like us to know about you?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a problem arose in a project, what you did you remedy the problem, and how the overall outcome of the project benefited from your decision.   Answer Question

Tech Student - Senior Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Started with a phone interview and within a week, scheduled to have an on-site interview. They flew me to their main site for three one-on-one interviews to just talk about my strengths. We also did a site tour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your math background. What are your technical strengths?   Answer Question

RF Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in February 2015.

Applied in late November 2014. When my resume finally hit a desk I was called right away. We spoke for about half and hour, and he made me feel like I practically had the job. I had my flight itinerary in a couple days and was there within 10 days after.

Interview was grueling, Four sets of two on one or one on one interviews over six hours. Lunch with two young professional women "like me". The man on the phone was seen for less than 5 minutes. I was completely blind.

Sent thank you's the next day and a follow up a week and a half later. I was told at the interview there were several openings. My e-mail was answered with "Sorry I didn't get back to you. No jobs are available to someone like you". Since the interview every application I have sent to Raytheon has been bounced back saying I am not good enough without even a glance (not exaggerating).

Interview Questions
    • Almost solely asked about "group work" and things I did for the government previously.   View Answer
    • I was repeatedly asked if I liked the city. Apparently, no one wants to live there. I was excited; but, when I got to Tucson there was something off. Perhaps the fact is that it was surrounded with military, or all the hippies :) The dangerous wildlife and proximity to the border were intimidating even when I am from the desert. Everyone should check out the area as much as possible even on the internet before flying there...to a hotel with no bathtub. That was a killer!!!   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in February 2015.

I visited them during a career fair on campus. They told me to apply online and to the university recruiting site. After this process, I was invited for an interview on campus. The whole process was very quick, and after the on campus interview the information was passed to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How did you react to a disagreement when working in a group? Describe a time when you went beyond the specification a project.   Answer Question

Business Development Program Interview

On campus interview with two campus recruiters. They asked mostly behavioral questions that were focused on past internship experiences. My interviewers did not ask anything about extracurricular activities. The interview was pretty relaxed and I had a lot of opportunity to talk about school projects and personal accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    • What area of our company would you most want to work for?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Very standard interview process: First I was contacted by HR to setup a phone interview (teleconference) with site and staffing managers. They started off with the job description and followed up with personality questions. They also asked about specific experiences that directly related to the position - which were considerably more important. Lasted about 45 minutes. Followed up the next week and got the position.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions are very specific to the position (which you should be comfortable answering if you have experience).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

STAR Method with Hiring Manager and not HR Person. The hiring manager was quite pleasant and could relate. Made me want to work in their team. Explained about the company and the campus.