Red Cross

Getting the Interview

119 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Disaster Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details Phone interview with talent acquisition manager. The interview was standard. Why did you apply for this position? Tell me the three main tasks in your current job? The interviewer was nice and very polite.

Interview Question – Tell me the three main tasks in your current job?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details Applied and was called in the next couple days by talent recruiter. Went in for an interview and was called back for another interview and asked to attend a blood drive to shadow another manager. Was offered the job less than two weeks from application date. Tried to negotiate salary but was not offered any additional money.

Interview Question – All pretty straightforward formal questions but expect a lot of them!   Answer Question

Regional Communications Officer Interview

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at Red Cross in February 2014.

Interview Details Interviewer missed our scheduled phone interview time without emailing or calling. During the interview, it was clear that they didn't review my resume in much detail. However, the questions were standard - Why do you want to work with us, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. and conversation flowed easily. I was happy that I asked my own prepared questions in order to gather more information about the position, expectations, management structure, etc.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you worked ethically.   Answer Question

Blood Collections Tech Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview

Interview Question – What factors do you want your performance measured on?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Cross in September 2013.

Interview Details Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.

Interview Question – Only the standard interview questions - no surprises.   Answer Question

DRD Interview

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Red Cross in March 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR director and then a Face to face interview with DRD manager and director

Emergency Services Specialist Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Cross in April 2012.

Interview Details I was hired prior to the most recent reorganization so some of this may no longer apply. I was interviewed once by my future boss and coworker. They knew that a change was coming soon through HR and that they needed to hire someone quickly otherwise there would be another several months before this position was filled.

Interview Question – What is your experience in regards to managing volunteers?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details Phone Interview ; 1:1 interview. Regular question about yourself, experience, expectations, what would you do if...

Interview Question – What would you do to... (some internal situation I had no idea that existed inside the company and I didn't have enough information to give a good answer)...   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Cross.

Interview Details Applied online. Did not hear back for a long time. Completely forgot about them then they finally emailed about an interview. Interviewed. Didn't hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Interview questions were straight forward, basic, and regular questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Union contract.

Administrative Coordinator II Interview

Interviewed at Red Cross

Interview Details I had a phone interview for a receptionist position and I was totally thrown off because I was on speaker phone. I haven't had many phone interviews but this was defiantly my first speaker phone interview.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Cross

Worked for Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Red Cross Videos

Red Cross – Why Work for Us?

Employees and volunteers of the Red Cross are essential in keeping the American public informed and prepared to prevent and respond to disasters and personal emergencies. We provide training in lifesaving skills such… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Cross interview questions and advice. All 119 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Red Cross employees and interview candidates.