Red Lobster Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
160 interviews

2.3

Host/Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scranton, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

I applied online to Olive Garden and Red Lobster, about 2 weeks later I receive the email that Red lobster wants to meet with me. So I called and talked to the woman assistant manager. she was pleasant on the phone, we scheduled it for a Tuesday that next week. I come in and she's interviewing someone so I wait in the lobby, and strike up a conversation with the present host, who was very nice. So then the interview comes. She was very proper, and formal, and she sat me down and then went to the back and returned a good 20 minutes later. Setting the mood for the horrors to come. Firstly what really annoyed me was how I felt rushed and she didn't even look at my application and had to flip through dozens of papers and getting things wrong about me because she was so rushed and frustrated I honestly felt so belittled It made me furious and want to walk out, out. The first question . Why red lobster? I didn't know what to say so I answered it was always so welcoming? It became a very awkward interview. At the end she emphasized on how many people applied and if I should hear back (spoiler) I won't ...they'll let me know. She had a clip board filled with questions, and then what I saw on the bottom was a rating scale. I dressed fairly business casual with khakis and button down. Overall, it was rushed I would never apply at this Location again and how I was belittled. the questions weren't hard, it was just an awkward experience which probably led to the email "at this time we regretfully,,," this was my first interview for a job too, so theirs a first for everything, and I will definitely not be applying again and was kind of relieved that I didn't have to go for a second interview because red lobster wasn't my first choice and after how belittled I was They will not be getting my business anytime soon :)

Interview Questions
    • Why red lobster? Sounds stupid but I really didn't know. Haha, I felt like saying I loved it so much would be such a lie, so I just talked about how welcoming they were and how it was like a family.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation when you had to deal with an unruly customer? Seeing that I'm a student it was difficult to put into perspective.   Answer Question

Hostess/Server/SA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trussville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

I wrote my interview process about a day ago this is just the follow up which I said I would post after my second interview. I got the job :). I am starting as a SA being that I'm not 21 yet I can't be a server but the GM said that he will go ahead and have me cross train since my birthday is coming up soon. The GM is very energetic and friendly and I can't wait to start!!

I was fine with everything

Service Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

I applied online on 7/28 and got an email the next day asking me to call and ask for a manager to set up an interview. I went to the first interview on 8/4 and it lasted about 5-10 minutes with the usual questions; What made you want to apply for Red Lobster? What is your availability? and What makes you a good candidate?. I was positive I wouldn't get a call back since the interview was so short and since I usually get so nervous during interviews, but the assistant manager that I met with was so friendly and comfortable. I didn't hear anything back for a week and then I got a call back. I had my second interview on 8/20 with the general manager and was with her for about 45 minutes. The general manager was really nice and we even joked around a bit. She asked me examples of when I treated a guest with respect and how I have gone out of my way to make a guest happy and what makes me a good employee and then asked me what makes me a great employee, which almost threw me off. She also asked me about school and my family and introduced me to the district manager who seemed to like me. I again didn't expect to hear anything back, but the next day I was offered the job. The process took a while because my current work schedule and the general manager was out of town.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me first "what makes you a good employee" then asked " what makes you a great employee."   View Answer

Utility (Dishwasher) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

I applied online awhile ago and didn't get word for a few weeks. After some time I received an email stating they would like to see me for an interview and to call within the next 42 hours. The person I spoke to was one of the restaurant managers and she was very direct and brief with setting up an interview. I had an interview with a different manager who was very kind and easy going. He didn't ask too many questions and none of them were that difficult. About a week after the interview I was asked if I was still interested and then a training/orientation date was set up.

Interview Questions
    • He asked basic questions such as are you able to lift a large load, are you able to work in a fast paced environment, tell me about yourself, what are your hobbies, etc. The longer questions included if you were hiring someone for this position what would you look for in a candidate, etc.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hermitage, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

The entire process took about a month and some change. I applied online and called for a follow up a week later. They said it was a slow period and they'd call when they were reviewing applications. About a month later I got an email that said to call and ask for a manager to set up an interview. I called and we agreed on Friday (3 days later). The entire interview lasted about 30min. I started interviewing with the Floor Manager and later another manager joined. I ended up getting hired right on the spot.

Server Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2013.

2 step interview process with questions asked about previous employment, what kind of person are you, and how would you fit in with the company. Why did you choose to apply for the company.

None

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

First you must fill out the online application. It is a long application with a personality test at the end. Once the managers have decided that you would be a fit you are called in for a first interview. After your first interview you meet with the general manager. If he approves, you are then hired.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was, "Do you have any felonies?". After your no response the manager then asks you, "Why not?"   Answer Question

Host/Seater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2011.

The hiring process is threefold. First is the application, which is submitted online and includes a personality test to determine integrity and attitude (When I applied, it was the same, but in-person). Second is the first interview with the manager of your desired position. For me, it was the Hospitality manager. They'll be looking to see if you possess the core values of Respect, Integrity, Genuine Caring, Hospitality, and Teamwork. The second interview is with the general manager, and they'll likely be looking for those same core values.
    At the interviews, I did my best to remain relaxed and friendly... Even made a couple jokes. To strengthen my internal confidence, I came into it with the attitude that they'd be lucky to have me. Also, I arrived about 10-15 minutes early and waited in the lobby, where I held the door for some elderly customers.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with conflict with coworkers in the past?   View Answer

Server Interview

interview wasnt that hard, got hired relatively fast. Walked in, said hi, he told me what was needed, when it was need, it was easy. Always put emphasis on teamwork and make customers the most important criteria and youll be good.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

I have a lot of management experience so it was a no brainier to hire me. I interviewed with the Talent Acquisition team then with 2 Director of Operations. After my back ground check was passed..*whew thank god* and i passed my drug check *also another close one* they offered me the job. I like the fact I get paid every week. I would say I like the fact that once they got to know me the care about where I work they want me to be successful, my previous employer was not like that at all more of a SINK or SWIM situation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your morals were tested dealing with an employee?   View Answer
    i told them what I wanted and what i felt I was worth they came in 8,000 under i came down 2,000 from my offer they came up 5,500 more and i said ok lol.

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!