Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated 19 Jan 2015
Updated 19 Jan 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

1. get a phone call asking about your basic info
    2. Send you an email to schedule a onsite test time
    3. Send you confirmation email with an online test (If your English is well, you will pass it)
    4. onsite test (If your Math is well, you will pass)
    5. Send you back waiting for phone call.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions (2 to 4) have no right option. Be careful with that.   Answer Question

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I was contacted by HR for a Skype interview. I set aside the time and made sure I was ready. Questions were very basic. "Best moments, worst moments" and questions about school and my previous work experience.

They brought up salary and asked if I was firm on my preferred amount. I tried to work with them but they still offered much lower than I expected. I made the same as an intern as they offered for a full time position.

They also ask you to complete a 3 hour assessment that in reality took me about 6 hours to fill out. For being a designer I'm not sure what some of it had to do with the job.

I do feel the salary and assessment became the issue in why I wasn't offered the job, which is sad because it seems like a great opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment tests was the most difficult part of the entire process.   Answer Question

Data Center Operations Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The first step in the hiring/interview process is for you to sit down and take an aptitude test at the company. You'll sit at a computer and take a series of tests similar to parts of the ASVAB and SAT tests you took in high school. Pattern recognition, basic to challenging math problems, word problems, and general testing of situation handling.
    They'll either review your score on the spot and let you know that they'd like to interview you right now or they'll tell you that they'll call you (This is the ruse. They will not be calling you if they send you home after you are finished with the test).
    If there is an interviewer available from any of their locations (College Station, TX, Dayton, OH or Houston, TX for US residents) they'll have you sit in a room and either do an interview in person if the interviewer is on site or they'll do the interview via Skype call. Usually this interview will last about 45 minutes to an hour. Data Center Operators are interviewed by both the supervisor and the manager. Each has their own approach to interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • This depends on your previous experience in the IT field if you had any at all. The questions will be tailored to what they get from your resume. If you don't want to get hung up on something, be sure not to include anything you don't want them to potentially ask about.   Answer Question
    I opened with a rate I felt was reasonable for an entry level IT position but was told that if I wanted the job I'd have to start at no more than $29k.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

Sent my resume thru my school career center and got a immediate request to come in for assesment. I had to take several test at home and when i got to the facility had to take three more. Math without a calculator. Who in this day and age really does anything with out some type of electronic help. None of the test had anything to do with real life situations.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

It was very time consuming. You had to take a personality assessment and an ethics assessment prior to the appointment date of the interview. On the day of the interview, you have to pass a skills assessment test including math problems even if the internship position you are applying to doesn't deal with math whatsoever.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

So after reading all of the comments, which seemed to be negative, I still gave them a shot. I applied online and heard back after a week, saying that they would like me to come in for assessments, as in all the other comments it seemed that I was in the right direction i guess. I took the exam which was in a room where about 10 others were testing and saw a lot of blank faces, quite hilarious knowing i was going to be in the same boat in a few minutes, the questions are interesting, I have no idea if did the pattern section correctly, but i did finish a section with 2 minutes to spare, the math is difficult if you haven't done any statistic work or brushed up on algebra, I took the test and they said they will get back to me 3-5 days. Well still waiting, it seems that they take there time with hiring process, I haven't received a deny or confirm email so i will update when I receive something. If i do get passed it, I will most likely accept and if I ever get to that point I'll make sure to deny or verify the comments.

Interview Questions
    • It's quite fum trying to figure the next pattern, I also think its a stress test. I saw people getting up and leaving because of the difficulties.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Three online assessments. Ask a lot of random questions. Also ask questions like did you steal from previous company. Some of those questions got me really uncomfortable.
    They emailed me back within a week. I couldn't remember the exactly days. The second round is on-site IQ test. It has nothing to do with the job you are applying for. Questions are sequence pattern analysis and statistics. For sequence pattern, it has two parts. One is like, aabbc, what is the fifth letter. Another one is give you 4 sets of image, and what is the fifth one. Seriously, let your manager do the test, see how is he doing. Those type of questions are really pointless. The test shouldn't be the filter. You are kicking a lot of talented people away. You need to hire new HR who can review people's resume instead of giving everyone online assessments.

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2014.

I applied through monster.com, I was asked to complete an application, aptitude test, and personal assessment. It was more like an IQ test and a history quiz. I waited about two weeks and received an email saying that they will not be proceeding with my application.

Video Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2014.

Had to take assessments. Personality, ethics, IQ which consisted of alpha seqence pattern recognition, picture patterns, and alegebra test. The IQ was was hard for me and I think it's safe to say that the it is not easy at the least. There was no interview because I don't think I scored high enough. In the sample test they give you, it says that you should not guess because it would count against you. In the actual test you get zero points for no answer and 1/4 for a wrong answer so you might as well guess if you can't finish all the questions. Overall they just wasted my time testing me on crap that has absolutely nothing to do with video production.

Part Time Associate Interview

was asked to complete an online personality assessment and application. After that I was told to take an in person IQ test. If they like you they will interview you on the spot, if not they will say they will call you. Then reject you.