Reynolds and Reynolds

Getting the Interview

300 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details So, I applied for Software Developer position at Reynolds and Reynolds on some job portal. I was contacted by recruiter and asked to come to Houston office to take an assessment. Assessment wasnt hard at all, and as I found out later, I passed it. After I finished the test, I was asked if I have time to meet with recruiter. I had a short meeting with a recruiter. After that I had an interview with department Manager. Last interview that day was with department Director. Basically, I had 3 interviews and 1 hour long test all in one day. Then they made an appointment for me with Vice President for the next week.
After a week I had an interview with Vice President, which went pretty well. He told me that I am a good fit and that he thinks that I am capable of doing the kind of job they provide. He walked me out and told me that I would be contacted by a recruiter regarding further details after several days. I was pretty sure that I got the job. I didnt see any reasons why I wouldnt.
One week passed and I didnt hear nothing from them. I wrote a follow up email to them asking about the status of my application. They told me that they are reviewing my application. After several days I was contacted by Reynolds and Reynolds representative from Dayton, Ohio, saying that I didnt get a job. (Even though I had interviews in Houston not Dayton.)
Anyway, I think that this company is not a good place to work. Before I went to an interview, I saw that they got 2 starts out of 5 on Glassdoor and I was surprised, but now I see that they are worth it.
Waste of time, because I took several days of in order to attend the interviews in Reynolds and Reynolds, which last at least 2-3 hours. My suggestion is that stay away from that company.

Interview Question – How negotiable is the salary? (They are real cheapskates...)   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

College Station, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Interview Details Got contacted by a recruiter. I took an online assessment (1hr long), followed by a second online assessment at their offices (1hr long). Then followed by a 5 minutes talk with a recruiter.

Interview Question – Fraction question on the online assessment.   Answer Question

Intern/Open to Different Positions Interview

College Station, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Interview Details I originally signed up to be considered for a job when they posted on careerbuilder that they were looking for all employees and recent college graduates. I received a message back within 3 days of sending my resume in from Hr department. I was sent a pre-assessment test to do online and answer allot of questions. I was told at the bottom of the message to respond back if I had any questions about the assessment or forms. I filled out the forms and alot of the questions make you select things that did not apply such as "only whatever state residents have to answer" but it would not let you proceed without answering the questions. I sent this to the Hr department and never got a response back from them. I said ok whatever I will just continue. After I got done with the pre-assessment and it got sent in, I was contacted by someone else who wanted to set up an interview. I set up the interview and went to it about a week later. When I got there I had a computer room to go to with about 8-12 other people in it doing the computer assessment on site. The questions were very strange and I did not see any reason for them to make you do this assessment as maybe it was good practice but it would not apply to the positions that I was applying for or many of them. They were hiring for general maintenance and janitors and whatnot and I see no reason for janitors to have a very high sat score as basically this was that kind of test. It had geometrical figures and sentence building and things like that. I was not given a grade on what I made and for all I know I could have passed it and they "were considering other applicants" is all the info I was given after being done with the process and sent home. I did not find out they were considering other applicants till I got another email from them about a week later. I was not very turned on by their test and seen it as a waste of time/complete mind shaft. Basically they want structured people that can prepare for this assessment and give structured answeres. I graduated magma cum laude with honors from college and this test although I did in college/etc, it was like wtf is this sh*t.

Interview Question – We started with a object/shape and flipped and inverted it to where you can not see the lines in the object and masked it. We will present you a series of objects that resemble or closely resemble or not at all resemble the first object. Figure out if the objects are either the same, different, or none at all. Basically might as well just guess on this crap because the images are distorted and can not be accurately figured out.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Part-time Hardware Repair & Manufacturing Interview

College Station, TX (US)

Interview Details Spent my personal time taking the stupid personality test, then went to their facility to take the Aptitude test. They told me after the test that they will contact me within 3 business days. They end up emailing me a week later that I did not get the job. Waste of time. Will never apply to this stupid company again.

Interview Question – What the hell are y'all trying to determine with the stupid aptitude test?   Answer Question

Dayton, OH (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details First, give you an e-mail to let you answer many background info, such that Application, Personality Assessment and Ethics Assessment. It takes about 2 hours. Then go on-side and take another 1 hour to the Aptitude Test, which is a three-section logic and reasoning test . If you don't pass, you will not even offer any interview.

Interview Question – three-section logic and reasoning test   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details They make you take many tests like others have mentioned. I didn't see the relevance of the tests but they are pretty simple besides the math portion. You should probably brush up on your math skills. The interview itself was pretty easy, really general interview questions. I was interviewed by a recruiter who knew nothing about Computer Science, so when I was explaining some of the projects on my resume she was kind of lost. Interview was over Skype.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions the interview was very general.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
College Station, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied through college recruiting program, it took a week for them to call back. Very prompt and organized

Interview Question – I had to go through 4 or 5 tests for 2 hours before the interview. The recruiter asks you about your project & experience and tries to match you based on the experience. Very relaxed interview. There weren't any difficult questions for the first interview with the HR   Answer Question

Network Engineer, Datacenter Interview

Interview Details Went through a couple interviews with a recruiter and one with a department VP. There were also a couple tests, a problem solving test, a technical test and a personality test.

Interview Question – I don't recall any exceptionally challenging questions. Just the usual sorts of questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter
College Station, TX (US)

I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2011.

Interview Details Started with a phone call. Then an aptitude test. Followed by a skype interview.

Interview Question – Giving what I thought the pros and cons of the company were.   Answer Question

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Account Manager Trainee
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied on my school's career site with resume and was sent a link to a series of online tests and assessments which were very tedious and seemed unnecessary. I then was offered a skype interview which lasted around 40 minutes, and involved relatively simple questions. They want to make sure you know about the company, you're comfortable with sales, and you don't mind commission based payment.

Interview Question – None in particular, they were standard behavioral questions, such as "Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a team member" or "Tell me about a time you lead a group to success" or "Tell me about a time you had to tell your boss they were wrong about something".   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reynolds and Reynolds

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds and Reynolds interview questions and advice. All 300 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Reynolds and Reynolds employees and interview candidates.