Ritz-Carlton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

Interview Details I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Question – Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Server Interview

Server
Aspen, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Question – "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   View Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

Guest Services Agent

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details There will be an online Assessment where you need to type out the answers, which you need to provide your job experience and reason for applying the job, then first round of interview with the HR Manager, followed by interview with the Front Office Manager

Interview Question – Assessment question where you have to provide scenarios for each situation   Answer Question

Commis-Kitchen Interview

Commis-Kitchen

I applied online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

Interview Details Got an email from the executive chef and offered me for a position.decided to accept the position. Then a few a days after we had an informal chat/interview. Then afterwards received an email from the hr personnel, scheduling a new interview via skype. Had skype interview and questions were all about practical and work situations. After the interview a got a call from a hr personnel asking for some documents or I think some background checking. And said that I'll be notified after 2 days. But its already a week still dont get any feedback from them....

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention

I applied online and interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details I got a email saying I was selected to be interviewed for the position. Given the fact that I was overseas and all flights were booked, I had to tell the person conducting the interview she was quick to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview it was about 45mins. She started by telling me about the job her expectations. She laid it all out on the table. Then she moved on to the situational questions and she told me she wanted direct answers to a situation that I previously encountered. No use of the "I always do this" more like in this situation. It was intense kept me on my toes but it was good. I moved on to the second stage an interview with the director!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever helped someone complete there work?   Answer Question
  • Have you done something wrong/ made a mistake at work how did you treat the situation   Answer Question
  • A conflict arise between yourself and a coworker how did you handle it   Answer Question
  • What's your greatest strength and an area of opportunity for growth   Answer Question

SPA Concierge Interview

SPA Concierge
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in November 2012.

Interview Details I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to the spa hiring manager. Within the week I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a spa manager and a spa supervisor. The interview questions were like many I've had before, similar to Starbucks. They asked situational questions such as, "Describe a difficult situation you've been in at work and how did you overcome it." I was formal but not too intense.

Interview Question – I cannot remember my most difficult question, but I know that I studied general interview questions online before I went in for my interview and that was enough to help me answer smoothly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I was please with the hourly rate that they offered me.

SPA Concierge Interview

SPA Concierge
Orlando, FL (US)

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

Interview Details I applied through a job hiring board and received an invitation to take their assessment. Three days later, I had a phone interview with a HR representative. She then invited me to come in for an interview. It was on a Saturday when I met with the assistant spa manager and the spa assistant director. They escorted me to the second floor of the spa where I received a tour.

After that, I was asked a few questions before they proceeded to tell me about the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was offered the job.

Member Experience Concierge Interview

Member Experience Concierge
Jupiter, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in November 2013.

Interview Details Long process with many interviews with admin. Detailed questons. Provide examples on several situations in professional environment with customer service. The process takes a long time as it was in season and the managers were very busy.

Interview Question – Provide situations on the spot is most difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation the pay is what it is and you accept or not

MSE Manager Interview

MSE Manager

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details The interview process is slow. The online tests is very lengthy.
The interview at property had three managers present: HR Manager, Hotel Manager and Director of Banquets.
Many questions were asked regarding opportunity moments and how it was fixed and turned into a a happy guest.

Interview Question – What was the way you worked with an opportunity that you had to fix but you didn't create?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 42,000

SPA Conciege Interview

SPA Conciege
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2010.

Interview Details Must apply online, through company website. You will have to take a survey at that time. Be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes or more. If your application makes it through the filters it gets passed on to the Depatment Manager, who usually conducts interview via phone and then in person. There is corporate guidelines, criteria and questions for each position that the Manager will follow.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you had to deal with a diffucult customer and tell me how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple, they pay this and you take it or leave it. Not usually a negotiation.

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!