Ross Stores

Getting the Interview

64 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Leandro, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online in February of 2014, then totally forgot that I submitted an application. They finally called me back about a full month later, and asked me to go in for an interview. I went in and waited a whole hour and twenty minutes in the front of the store next to the exit (not in the break room or anything) before I was called in. I met the manager, who apologized for the wait and explained that the computers were running slowly, and that was supposed to make up for it I guess.
Anyways, the questions were easy. Tell me about yourself, how would you handle an angry customer?, What do you do when you have a lot of work to do in a little amount of time, asked about hours. I have a few friends who work at the store so I mentioned that I'd heard good things from them about working there, and when asked about angry customers I said that I would try to talk to them calmly, and make sure they know that I'm trying to do as much as I could to understand their situation. She offered me a job on the spot, provided that my background check came thru, and explained very briefly about what to expect, such as what to wear, how I will get trained.
Now, this is the part that is difficult. It's been nearly a month since I've been hired and I haven't been called for training. I have called them every week, asking to get scheduled for training but I always get told that either the manager who hired me isn't there, or to call back later. I went into the store twice, and was finally told to come in for Orientation on a Wednesday at 11am. I showed up.. and the manager wasn't even in. I wasted a bunch of my time getting ready and getting there just to be told, i have to wait another week. I am anxious to start this job, I need the money. Other places have called me for interviews but I turned them down because I am waiting for Ross to call me back.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details 2 days after i did an online appication I was called in for an interview. The interview included me and 5 other hirees and the hiring manager. The interview was pretty cool and fun. Teh next day after the interview I was offered the job.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. I was asked very basic interview questions such as what I find challenging about dealing with people, my strengths, etc.

Interview Question – They were all simple interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details Places my resume online. They called me. The interview consisted of my telling them I had very little experience working in retail and them asking about my availability...and that was it. Filled out the paperwork and started the next day.

Interview Question – There were no real questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase. It was here is what we will pay you. When can you start

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call about a week later to come in and interview. Got offered job on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Ross?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

Interview Details I applied for Ross a month before they called to set up an appointment for an interview. I went to the interview the next day, and I spoke to an interviewee who asked me a few basic questions. She seemed to like me and was very thorough with everything. This interview took about 10 minutes. She then asked me to call back in tomorrow to make an appointment with the manager for a second interview.

During the second interview, the manager was very brief. She seemed to be in a rush and wanted me out since it was already late during the day. She didn't bother to ask me if I have any questions. The interview lasted about only 2 minutes, and she said she will definitely call me back tomorrow to tell me if I am hired. I waited and never received a phone call. Instead, I got an automatic e-mail from the manager stating that they are considering other candidates.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details I applied online got a call after 2 weeks . I was out of the city was told to call back when i get back.i was called for an interview.I went there 15 mins before time.Was asked basic questions why you want to work here.questions relating to previous job .What would you do if some one is stealing.Had interview with assistant manager and she told me she will call and let me know .

Interview Question – Was nothing much difficult just a basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details They just ask you general questions like tell me about yourself and the give you questions about what would you do if a customer is angry .

Interview Question – None all general   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details Very quick and easy process

Interview Question – Who do you know that is a good worker   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online to Ross and it took about a week for them to call me back for an interview. When I went in, she only asked if I wanted to do the job that was available and she asked what days I would be available.

Interview Question – The interview was all together easy. No hard questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ross Stores

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 64 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees and interview candidates.