Rothstein Kass

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Staff Interview

Interviewed at Rothstein Kass

Interview Details Submit application through school career center, invited to on-campus Interview, then second round for office visit.

Interview Question – Casual environment, asked how can contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Rothstein Kass' Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview Details I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses as a leader?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in August 2008.

Interview Details very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Question – why do you want to work for RK?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality

Audit Staff I Interview

Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2012.

Interview Details I applied to RK after doing their summer leadership program earlier in college. I emailed the HR manager and they were very friendly in setting up an interview during their on campus interview period. On campus interview was one on one with a Staff auditor from their socal office, took about 2 weeks for them to call back and offer a second round interview at the office I was applying for. I was unable to make their initial desired time period however they were very courteous in postponing until a time that worked for both of us. The second round consisted of three one on one interviews in the office, with two audit managers and a partner, followed by lunch with a staff member. The interviews generally revolved around discussing company culture and the responsibilities of the position, as well as my expectations and why I wanted to join RK and be a CPA. Everyone was very friendly and clearly cared about learning about me personally and whether I would be a good fit, culturally, professionally, and work-ethic wise, for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe, to your understanding, what a hedge fund is   View Answer
  • Tell me about yourself/ why you want to work with RK   View Answer

Negotiation Details – received a call shortly from HR with an offer and accepted promptly, though they said they generally give candidates around two weeks to accept an offer. Terms were already set, not much room for negotiation, however they pay very competitively with very good benefits, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in March 2012.

Interview Details The interviewer was friendly and easy going - I was asked about things on my resume, why do you want to work for them and what you are expecting from this job. It lasted about 10 minutes and ended with good impression.

Know your resume, feel comfortable to talk about yourself, smile and be positive.

Interview Question – What are you expecting to gain from this position?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview Details they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Question – what's your reaction when facing conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – signing bonus

Tax Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

Interview Details I was interviewed by someone from HR. The interview process was very easy going. The interviewer was very warm and welcoming. The work culture seemed as if it would be great.

Interview Question – Why did you choose RK?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2011.

Interview Details First round interview was on campus 2 weeks ago. I told them I needed to hear back quickly for school purposes. A week later, got a call saying I was invited to 2nd rounds in the office. They asked me to come back this week (today). Went in and had 5 back-to-back interviews. 3 managers, a partner, and an HR person. Everyone was super chill and the whole process was very laid back. Behavioral Qs in the first round, 2nd round was just getting to know you (I didn't get behavioral questions at all). Got a call tonight with my offer and accepted.

Interview Question – What is leadership to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't even try-dont negotiate internship pay!

Internship-Assurance Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

Interview Details Alumini came to ask and pretty friendly. The question about Why did I choose my college ? And why I choose RK?...Why I want this job? My teamwork...and my financial internship before. The most important is to fit its company culture and show that you are energetic !

Interview Questions

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm

Interview Question – some simple accounting questions   Answer Question