Rothstein Kass

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview Details The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews.

Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

Interview Details very easy and relaxed

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Rothstein Kass?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview Details email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Tax Senior Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in May 2008.

Interview Details I obtained the referral from a current employee. I spoke with two partners and two human resources representatives who were very friendly and informative. It was an enjoyable experience.

Accounting Staff Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview Details Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Interview Question – Why Rothstein Kass?   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

Interview Details Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
Extra Questions:
1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
2. Why do you choose that college?
3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.

Interview Question – Why do you choose that college?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview Details It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Senior Accountant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in January 2010.

Interview Details It is easy. Talk and smile alot, act laid back and you are in. Act to serious and you have no chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Only negotiate the position. Salary was predetermined. If you have other offers, make a paper airplane with the Rothstein Kass offer and throw it over the Hudson River and watch it fly , fly away. It will be the best decision you ever made. Heed my words.

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2008.

Interview Details First round interview at a school with a senior auditor. Then I was called into the main office where I interviewed with 3 people, 1 of which was human resources. Then got taken out to a lunch and an office tour. I had to wait a couple of week until they called me to give me an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really hard was asked.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Question – Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rothstein Kass