Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jul 2014
Updated 15 Jul 2014

2.4

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews.

Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Questions
    None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

signing bonus

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
    Extra Questions:
    1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
    2. Why do you choose that college?
    3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
    1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseland, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in August 2010.

They do superdays, which is 5 half hour interviews. One is a walking tour, one is a casual conversation, and the other three just get to know you. Some basic questions, some interesting questions. Based on who the interviewer is.HR is great and they are extremely good at what they do.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know how to use excel, what types of coding do you know? I don't think they expected enormous amounts, but it was unexpected for them to ask.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I accepted what was offered.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

very easy and relaxed

Senior Accountant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in January 2010.

It is easy. Talk and smile alot, act laid back and you are in. Act to serious and you have no chance.

Interview Questions
    Only negotiate the position. Salary was predetermined. If you have other offers, make a paper airplane with the Rothstein Kass offer and throw it over the Hudson River and watch it fly , fly away. It will be the best decision you ever made. Heed my words.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

very easy going conversation, no tricky questions nothing to throw you off. the lady was very friendly and we just began a natural conversation about the weather and my school and then she asked me about my favorite thing on the resume, and what i would do in an ideal world.

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult... what is your favorite thing on the resume?   Answer Question