S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

3.1

Client Development Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2010.

3 different interviews, last one with a SVP. Some technical quesitons, but mainly behavorial questions that dealt with how you might approach client development.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach client development?   Answer Question
    • Since you don't have an establish network, how you would go about developing a network?   Answer Question

Pay was extremely low.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Initially i appeared for an written exam for which result declared next day then called for interview process where i had two rounds of technical session. on successful completion, called for final HR round.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Aptitude test, followed by HR round. Then Finance test. These were elimination rounds. Then had interview rounds with managers and director. I felt the HRs were not very co-operative. I mailed them a day before asking about the office location, etc. since I was new to the area but they did not bother to reply.

Interview Questions
    • Finance Test was difficult as I am not a finance student.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

There were 5 rounds starting with a moderate test then a Hr interview followed with another test, this will happen in a day and then the selected candidates are further called for interviews.

Database Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

The interview process was quite simple. I applied through my university''s job portal. My resume got shortlisted and I was asked to schedule an interview appointment.
    On the day of the interview, there were two tasks, one was a written test and second was the interview.

Both the tasks were given a time on 30 minutes.

The test was easy but lengthy. So make sure you manage the time well.
    The interview was mostly based on your SQL skillset. The interviewer gave a scenario and asked to design a database for it. And then the whole interview went around the same database design.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite simple. But they expect you to provide with an optimal solution for the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2014.

I applied online on my school's Job link. It is an on campus interview and I was asked to finish 4 programming questions in 30 mins. And the interviewer went through those 4 question with me together.

Interview Questions
    • Design a Cache to store stock information.   View Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

S&P Capital IQ had come on our college campus and it was a one-day recruitment process,there were a total of 5 rounds. It started with aptitude which had three sections maths, database, coding etc. and there was sectional cutoff too and no negative marking, after that paper/pen test as i had opted for QA else for SE / DBA there was a live coding round, after that there were three rounds of interview. All this in a single day so it was pretty tiring. In the interviews just be calm and composed and give it your best shot!

Interview Questions
    • In aptitude, quants and coding was not that tough whereas database was relatively tougher so prepare for dbms questions and not only queries but theoretical stuff too !   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2014.

There are three rounds. First is the online test which is a mix of aptitude and technical and programming as well. Second and third rounds are core technical rounds focussing on DSA and DBMS. They asked all sort of joins and tuning a query. Linked Lists and Trees were there area of focus.

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

6 to 7 rounds - bonus (fixed+variable) included in salary itself - so you wont get what they have promised - management changed and its getting worse here - Politics politics politics

Interview Questions
    • easy to get into - difficult to come out (your brain stops working)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

interviews generally happen over 1-2 days consisting of 3-4 rounds usually ending with the Deputy director taking the final round questions wil be based on SDLC , ur projects and case studies relating to everyday problems, questions on you resume, future goals and related questions

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle new competition in your area , if you already own a pretty successful business but cannot handle the volume ..   Answer Question
    no negotiations