S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions & Reviews

222 interviews

3.1

Quantitative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Phone interview with HR, then 1 week later phone interview with manager.
    Then 2 weeks later interview with 5 people in office.
    Had to call them to find out status a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What was something different that you had done on the job.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2010.

Hiring process is not that easy. It involves 5-6 rounds of interview here a candidate is judged on everything starting from Aptitude to the Attitude towards career progression, and towards the company. Hiring process involves One to One with the HR, followed by two written exams, and then the two rounds of interview with Operations Manager and the Group Director respectively.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult would be the aptitude test and one more written exam as it has lot of business awareness questions.   Answer Question
    This was my first job

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Mostly OOPs concepts are asked. Unnecessary long interviews.
    1) 1st round ppt
    2) Written test(DB,Algo and some random sections)
    3) 2nd round 1:1 interview which last for 3 hours.
    4) Almost same as second round.
    5) HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty much OK. Some puzzles are asked which are kind of interesting if you haven't done before.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

easy written test, interview is technical - must have accounting ,financial mgt. and financial market knowledge

less salary

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2010.

A 1-day written exam, doing analysis on a company and writing a short stock report. They provide an industry survey, economic data, and most recent 10-Ks and 10-Qs. After passing the exam, the candidate goes through a series of interviews, usually 4 or 5 interviewers. The offer is usually given in 2 weeks.

Summer Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

The application was online and it took about about 6 months before I got an email to schedule a telephonic interview. Because it took so long, I had actually forgotten I had applied to this position. The manager who called me was a great conversationalist and asked great questions but was not knowledgeable about programming subjects.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Explain in detail the process of software development.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms

Software Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I was called for interview after selected from my college's job portal. Interview was for 30 mins before which there was a technical test for 30 min, containing algorithm and data structures related questions. RIght after the test was the interview. The interview questions were not related to my performance in the test, but was told that in the second round I would be asked questions on my test performance.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty easy interview. Included both behavioral and technical questions.
      Behavioral:
      >what do u want to be 5 years from now. Then 10 years from now.
      >what do u like the most about programming or being software engineer
      Technical: gave me a technical scenario and judged my approach- theres a huge stream of stocks info coming, that has company name and stock value. how wud u design to store that data, so that lookup of stock is value is fast? how wud u implement caching policy?
        Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

The company culture and interview panel was very professional and the entire process was conducted in the same manner.

Interview Questions
    • The panel requires the candidate to have updated knowledge about the market. just knowing the morning news isnt enough, understanding its implications also is equally important.   Answer Question
    NO Negotiations at all.