S&P Capital IQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Analyst Interview

Quality Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details The process was smooth with 4 rounds of interviews spanning a duration of 2 days. They scrutinized everything from the logical ability to real-time problem solving skills. Since the position was QA most of the questions revolved around testing, SDLC, types of testing, debugging etc.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.

Interview Details Applied through company website. Called for interview in 2 days.

Interview Question – "This is a task oriented and mundane role. Are you sure you will want to do this?"   Answer Question

Research Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Step 1:General Aptitude Test where we had to write an SOP
Step 2:An HR/Technical Based interview, which lasted for hardly 5 minutes
Step 3:A Content test containing questions based on logic, analysis and Finance
Step 4: Managerial Interview

Interview Question – HR based interview had technical questions   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Applied through campus hiring process. The first step was the aptitude test which was too easy but they eliminated people on the basis of statement of purpose that was another hidden section in the information about the employee.

The next step was the hr interview which was nothing but confidence testing round lasting for 3-5 minutes.

The third stage is the technical test where purely finance and logical questions are asked.

The fourth one is the final managers interview where the person is just tested on his convincing skill to do a boring job. Prepare for that.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Hyderābād (India)

Interview Details i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
interview wasn't that gud.
question were very random.
about TCP IP from networks
he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Question – how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Started with a basic aptitude test, a small personal interview one on one..basic questions.Next round was another test with questions on financial knowledge, gk , case studies.
then few more rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

Interview Details I gone through the written test and written test was as easy as simple test with forty questions in finance and ten questions in aptitude and ten questions in English and time given for me is one hour and i finished the test within half an hour.

Interview Question – Easy   Answer Question

Database Administrator (Release Manager) Interview

Database Administrator (Release Manager)
Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

Interview Details Interview Process for experienced-
Step 1- Got call for interview and gone through 2 telephonic technical interview .After clearing two rounds i got call for In-Person interview.

Step-2 Gone to Gurgaon.
1) Written Test--For DBA there are four sections was mandatory.

Section 1(SQL Query)-
Based on Sql queries. There was 4 tables related with primary and foreign key. Based on that 3 questions ,you have to solve. It was of moderate level.

Section 2(Data Modeling)--Total three questions
  Que 1- To Create index to fasten the search process based on 1st section tables.
  Que 2- Null values allowed for Primary and unique key.
  Que 3- Based on ER diagram.(Simple if you have revised)

Section 3- General knowledge about system(Description Type --8 questions)
Que 1- What is eventlog
Que 2- What is Registry
Que 3- Difference between Firewall and Antivirus
Que 4- What is utf-8
Que 5- What is difference between 32bit and 64 bit computer
Que 6-Hot to install software on Linux
Que 7- Based on Excel Sheet- 2 Snapshots. 1st snapshot -data was unorganized format ans 2nd snapshot was organised using Excel sheet. They asked for Excel property.
Que 8- When do use virtual machines

Section 4- DBA question(8-10 questions)
Some based on RAID(1) , clustered index(2 que), underlying database processes(1), database backup(1).How to increase database agent memory(sp_reconfig)(1)

others i don't remember.

Then in last round Director level interview.
2 Expert persons will ask question on your DBA level and release management.
Some questions was like--tell me about yourself,daily challenges faced, what do you daily do, performance tuning ,high availability etc.

This was the end of the process.
They will call you in one or two weeks if selected.

It was totally very pleasant experience and HR was very supporting in each phase.

Interview Question – Last round --Video conferencing.
They will test your knowledge on every question.
  Answer Question

Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details 1st round-general aptitude round
2nd round-HR interview
3rd round-technical written test
4th round-technical interview
5th round-director interview

Interview Question – questions relating to mergers and acquisitions, economics, ratios, projects which i had done in college   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details Hiring Process:
I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Question – How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer

Negotiation Details – S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)