S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
221 interviews

3.1

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

first round was the aptitude and English test...the level of the paper was easy
    the second was the technical interview round ...asked...diff btwn stocks and bonds...mergers..and other finance related terms

Interview Questions
    • the difficulty of the ques asked in the interview was average since I was a B.Tech grad but the ques asked to a commerce background student were different and a bit difficult   Answer Question

Tech QA Interview

1 round of test, 3 rounds of interview, tested software testing knowledge. Good overall check of analysis ability

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in December 2013.

The Capital IQ interview process has 5 steps – Every round is elimination round.

1st step is an IQ test - written test (Math and Vocab – aptitude exam)

2nd step is HR interview. Questions may include definitions of mergers and acquisitions and more finance/investment questions.

3rd step: Technical exam written for 60 mins /90 mins (finance basics and merger and acquisitions)

The above 3 rounds can happen on the same day. Atleast 2 rounds will happen in same day.

If you clear the first 3 rounds. You would get call for the next round in 7-8 working days (max)

4-5 rounds would be personal interview – Director Rounds.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

The process was smooth with 4 rounds of interviews spanning a duration of 2 days. They scrutinized everything from the logical ability to real-time problem solving skills. Since the position was QA most of the questions revolved around testing, SDLC, types of testing, debugging etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.

Applied through company website. Called for interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • "This is a task oriented and mundane role. Are you sure you will want to do this?"   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Step 1:General Aptitude Test where we had to write an SOP
    Step 2:An HR/Technical Based interview, which lasted for hardly 5 minutes
    Step 3:A Content test containing questions based on logic, analysis and Finance
    Step 4: Managerial Interview

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Applied through campus hiring process. The first step was the aptitude test which was too easy but they eliminated people on the basis of statement of purpose that was another hidden section in the information about the employee.

The next step was the hr interview which was nothing but confidence testing round lasting for 3-5 minutes.

The third stage is the technical test where purely finance and logical questions are asked.

The fourth one is the final managers interview where the person is just tested on his convincing skill to do a boring job. Prepare for that.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
    we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
    writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
    interview wasn't that gud.
    question were very random.
    about TCP IP from networks
    he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
    mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
    count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
    a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Questions
    • how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Started with a basic aptitude test, a small personal interview one on one..basic questions.Next round was another test with questions on financial knowledge, gk , case studies.
    then few more rounds of interviews.