S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
222 interviews

3.1

Junior Research Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Started with a basic aptitude test, a small personal interview one on one..basic questions.Next round was another test with questions on financial knowledge, gk , case studies.
    then few more rounds of interviews.

Database Administrator (Release Manager) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

Interview Process for experienced-
    Step 1- Got call for interview and gone through 2 telephonic technical interview .After clearing two rounds i got call for In-Person interview.

Step-2 Gone to Gurgaon.
    1) Written Test--For DBA there are four sections was mandatory.

Section 1(SQL Query)-
    Based on Sql queries. There was 4 tables related with primary and foreign key. Based on that 3 questions ,you have to solve. It was of moderate level.

Section 2(Data Modeling)--Total three questions
      Que 1- To Create index to fasten the search process based on 1st section tables.
      Que 2- Null values allowed for Primary and unique key.
      Que 3- Based on ER diagram.(Simple if you have revised)

Section 3- General knowledge about system(Description Type --8 questions)
    Que 1- What is eventlog
    Que 2- What is Registry
    Que 3- Difference between Firewall and Antivirus
    Que 4- What is utf-8
    Que 5- What is difference between 32bit and 64 bit computer
    Que 6-Hot to install software on Linux
    Que 7- Based on Excel Sheet- 2 Snapshots. 1st snapshot -data was unorganized format ans 2nd snapshot was organised using Excel sheet. They asked for Excel property.
    Que 8- When do use virtual machines

Section 4- DBA question(8-10 questions)
    Some based on RAID(1) , clustered index(2 que), underlying database processes(1), database backup(1).How to increase database agent memory(sp_reconfig)(1)

others i don't remember.

Then in last round Director level interview.
    2 Expert persons will ask question on your DBA level and release management.
    Some questions was like--tell me about yourself,daily challenges faced, what do you daily do, performance tuning ,high availability etc.

This was the end of the process.
    They will call you in one or two weeks if selected.

It was totally very pleasant experience and HR was very supporting in each phase.

Interview Questions
    • Last round --Video conferencing.
      They will test your knowledge on every question.
        Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

I gone through the written test and written test was as easy as simple test with forty questions in finance and ten questions in aptitude and ten questions in English and time given for me is one hour and i finished the test within half an hour.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

1st round-general aptitude round
    2nd round-HR interview
    3rd round-technical written test
    4th round-technical interview
    5th round-director interview

Interview Questions
    • questions relating to mergers and acquisitions, economics, ratios, projects which i had done in college   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Hiring Process:
    I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
    It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer
    S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

First Round : Aptitude Test of 30 minutes in which you have to fill some personal details as well.(Cakewalk)
    Second Round : Written Test comprising questions from Software testing(Easy)
    Further Rounds will be Stress Interviews.(Tough)

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2013.

Interview process was extensive, questions were based on your concept, approach for solving problem. Looking for vision of a person. Expertise in your area. Depth knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate since profile that was offered was awesome. What I demanded, they offered while making some part of it as a variable component.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

S&P Capital IQ typically hires from campuses.

First round consists of a written test that test analytical, programming abilities and database knowledge. Database is the heart of the work here and hands-on knowledge is highly valued. Questions will be asked on Relevant work from the resume

Interview Questions
    • How your term project will help in our business   View Answer
    Through campus. No negotiation

Tech QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

I applied at the company's website portal and got a mail for the interview on 21st November.
    The process consisted of the following rounds
    1. Aptitude Test.
    2. HR interview.
    3. Written subjective test.
    4. Technical interview.
    5. Another interview.

The first round is more of a form cum test round where you have to fill in some details and answer some easy logical, quantitative and English questions. The important thing here is to not miss out on any question as there's no negative marking. It's fairly easy.

The second round is the HR interview but it was mostly technical. Just basic questions about testing and what the profile is about and also what u know about the company.

The Third round consists of 10 subjective questions. Mostly are about the various types of testing and about writing test cases.

The fourth round is again an interview which they tell me is the manger level interview.

The above four rounds happened on the same day. I was told the result for the fourth round would be communicated to me within a week. It has been a week since then and i haven't heard from them so far. I guess it's their subtle way of saying, thanks but you haven't been selected for further rounds.

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

I generally never write a review but what I experienced here has instigated me to speak my mind and probably give a fair idea of what goes behind the lustrous semblance of this company. So hang in there.......

In the 1st week of Oct'13:
    I had applied for a TQA opening on their career site. To my surprise(considered myself lucky) I was called for an interview within a week but not for 'TQA' but 'Research Associate'. Still I prepared all the finance I could.(trust me it's not easy when you are an engineer)

1st round : Aptitude + Essay (moderate, 80% candidates are eliminated )

2nd round: Just having entered the room..I was asked why did I apply for 'RA' instead of 'TQA' as I'm a B.Tech grad without even judging if I could also fit in as a RA?
    She asked me 2 very basic questions on finance which anyone who reads 'The Economic Times' can answer. I explained them, I had applied for the latter but received a call for the former. Here, the HR girl had no clue of anything whatsoever. I was forced to change my profile again and appear for a TQA written round after 1 week. I agreed.

3rd round : 10 subjective questions on s/w testing in 1 hour. (That's sounds fair.)

After completing the 3rd round, neither they bothered to give any date to expect the results nor inform about the further process. Now, the frustration kicks in....

I call up the front desk after 3 days but she does not forward the call to any of the HR guys, I dropped 2 mails to the interviewer then again 'NO REPLY'. Later, through some internal source I get to know the position has already been filled with no intimation given to the candidates awaiting their results.

You think it's over Naah!!

11th NOV '13: I receive a mail from the HR dept of S&P CIQ to reappear for another TQA opening. Again, back to square one but I assumed my previous process was in pipeline.
    However, to the wildest of my imagination after the 1st round, to test my relentless patience in this occasion they disqualify me as according to their HR policy those who appeared previously can't apply again.

NOTE:
    1) THE CAREER SITE 'ALWAYS' SHOWS JOB OPENINGS ALL AROUND THE YEAR EVEN WHEN THE ACTUAL CASE MAYBE DIFFERENT.

2) THE HR DEPT IS THE EPITOME OF DECEPTION. NO TELEPHONE NO. IS PROVIDED AS THEY CAN ABANDON YOU ANYWHERE IN THE PROCESS WITHOUT A JUSTIFICATION.

3) E-MAILS WOULD NEVER BE ANSWERED.

4) NO EXPLICIT SELECTION IS DONE MANUALLY, A COMPUTER GENERATED E-MAIL IS SENT TO EVERYONE WHO APPLIES.

5) RUDE MANAGERS

PS: Don't waste your time waiting to hear from them in 6 days. DISGRACE.