S&P Capital IQ Product Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 9 Mar 2015

2.8

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1)Telephone, Interview 2) Face to face interview- three 30 minute interviews and a written test ( Asked you to summarise a article, asked to answer questions related to an article, then asked a selection of financial questions such as 1) where do you find capex on a balance sheet? 2) how is EBITDA margin calculated 3) If interests rate increase, bond prices? 4) how to calculate market capitalisation?

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you handled an irritated customer/customer complaint

Why S&P Capital IQ

What do you know about S&P Capital IQ

Why this position

What do you think you need to succeed in this position? What qualities

How do you prioritise?

Give me an example of when you worked in a team?

How do you deal with clashes within a team?

What do you think will be the main challenges facing you in this role at the beginning?

How did you hear about the job?

Give me an interesting story you have read this week?

What sources do you use for information?

Why the degree that you have studied?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
      - why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
      - why sales?
      - can you do a sales pitch
      - what do you do for fun

Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Following an online application that I submitted on Sunday evening (2am!) I received an email on Monday morning inviting me for a telephone interview on Tuesday morning.

The interview lasted exactly 25 minutes and covered the company itself and put great emphasis on my CV. The CV related questions were many! Basically, all misunderstandings were covered in a very professional manner. There were a couple of ice-breaking questions to release the tension but other than that everything was very professional. The interviewer was amazing, very thoughtful and nice in general.

Interview questions included:
    Tell me more about the company
    Tell me more about the position you are applying for
    What makes you the best candidate
    What did you do in this experience... ?

Hope that helps!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a telephone interview last week. The interviewer was nice and straight to the point.

Questions:
    why capital iq
    why this industry
    why this role
    what do you know about the company
    CV related questions

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus following a school career fair and resume drop. Next was a super day at the company's New York Ciy headquarters. All of the questions were very easy. They were mostly about your background and experience. Nothing to worry about at all. Emphasize a passion for finance and helping others, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you exhibited _____?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

- online application
    - phone interview
    - feedback was very quick, received invitation to face to face interview the 2 days after the phone interview
    - combined round of 4 interviews and knowledge test

Interview Questions

• Mostly about team work, how to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting as the posting was done on my school's recruitment portal. The application was standard with a cover letter and resume included. After 3 weeks, I received a response that I was invited to interview in Toronto. I went for 2 interviews which lasted 35 minutes each. These interviews were very informal and allowed me to get to know the team I would be working with. After this, there was a week delay until my interview with the people from head office in New York. Again, I went to Toronto for a 30 minute interview this time. After about 3 weeks of no news, I e-mailed the first employee who contacted me for information and they got back to me after that.

Interview Questions

• You might be asked to sell something to the interviewers.   1 Answer