S&P Capital IQ Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

25 interviews

3.4

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Mostly OOPs concepts are asked. Unnecessary long interviews.
1) 1st round ppt
2) Written test(DB,Algo and some random sections)
3) 2nd round 1:1 interview which last for 3 hours.
4) Almost same as second round.
5) HR round.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are pretty much OK. Some puzzles are asked which are kind of interesting if you haven't done before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Hiring Process:
    I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
    It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer
    S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

S&P Capital IQ typically hires from campuses.

First round consists of a written test that test analytical, programming abilities and database knowledge. Database is the heart of the work here and hands-on knowledge is highly valued. Questions will be asked on Relevant work from the resume

Interview Questions
    • How your term project will help in our business   View Answer
    Through campus. No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
    On-site:
    3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
    Questions:
    1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
    2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
    3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
    4. What is a Race Condition?
    5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
    2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
    3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Questions
    • how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Questions
    • Binary tree path sum
      find a linkedlist's nth to last node
      Cache design
      DB design
      count the number of bits in a char
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

One Written( 90 Min- 20 Apti- 20 C and DS- 20 DMBS Queries) MCQs and Subjective +
    3 Technical Intervies mailny focusing on DBMS + one HR round

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

I applied through my university's career web site before 2009, and was contacted for the first round interview.

First round - Two technical interviews with software engineers. We were given a paper test with 5 questions that have been stated close to verbatim in previous reviews (find closest common parent of two nodes, reverse a linked list, count # of bits in a byte, db schema, cache design). The interviews are essentially a review of that paper test, and you may be asked to answer a slightly-modified version on one of the questions.

Final round - Two technical interviews and one HR interview. Both of the interviewers were senior engineers, and they asked different types of programming questions that are more or less on par with the paper test in the first round. The HR interview was very relaxed.

During the process, you eat lunch with other employees (with no connection to the interviewers) and may ask questions. My process was quick; I was contacted the day of the first round interview for the final round invite, and I was contacted a week after the final round with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • -Finding the lowest common parent of two nodes can be tricky
      -Detecting a palindrome (this was asked to nearly every candidate when I was applying)
        Answer Question
    Was able to push back start-time, and slightly change the compensation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

This varies depending on the level - be prepared to answer core questions about Microsoft tools like C# and SQL Server

Solid knowledge of OO design principles is important and try to be concise as some interviewers will write you off if you keep jabbering.

I did not come across any general knowledge or other non technical questions but it is recommended that you brush up on what's happening in the industry to show that you are motivated.

Interview Questions
    Not much. I liked their offer

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!