SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.4

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in August 2010.

Was done by a young person; she sounded like a child playing grown-ups. I think that sums it up, though this question requires a minimum of fifty words. They employed me, I guess, because of my clear and coherent English, because not much technical knowledge was needed, despite the job title. Anything too difficult meant booking a face-to-face technician.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. The interviewer would have been unable to formulate any   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, and would have been able to. It was take it or leave it.

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at SYKES in September 2010.

I was scouted by Sykes' internal Recruiter who found my resume online through Career Builder. He called me to discuss the position over the phone and schedule an interview. Initially the interview was meant to be completed in one day, but the Vice President of Global Compensation & Benefits was unable to meet with me unexpectedly. During my inteviews on Day 1, I met with the Global Benefits Manager first, and then spoke with the Benefits Department's team members consisting of a Senior Benefits Administrator and another Benefits Administrator. I was asked ordinary interview questions about my employment history, HRIS experience, knowledge of Benefits and compliance, my strengths and weaknesses, my thoughts about the position and whether I had questions for them. When I returned on my second day to interview with the Vice President, I was asked an array of similar questions. Once an offer was made, which I accepted, I had to return to Sykes for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were out of the ordinary or extraordinarily difficult.   Answer Question
    I accepted the terms of the offer letter as they were presented with no request for revisions.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

Everything seemed fine until the days and times I was supposed to start didn't match up with what was listed on my Pre-Employment Session.There was a lot of paperwork, but that didn't bother me. Their Website was a little shabby, and when you clicked on a guide that you needed for the employment process, it was like it was broken because it took you back to the main website. I had to search on Google for the guide.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on an ISS for 5 years circling Saturn, describe what your day would be like.   View Answer
    I inquired as to why I have different hours than what I selected, and the interviewer (who was really nice and professional) just didn't seem to know what I meant. However, it was late at night on a weekend so that's probably part of the problem.

Customer Service Representative Interview

really easy to get an offer. they seemed to be really desperate at the time to hire people. I have heard alot of bad things however. if you are looking to get a quick job this is prolly the place to go.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were very basic. nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingstree, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingstree, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SYKES in February 2013.

Hiring process was very long. They interviewed me 3 times an for that last third time they almost had me to come back a week later but decided to interview the third one the same day. he interview consisted of a lot of questions. Vey difficult questions. If you work for this company, do not make it a permanent job as this place is a revolving door. All this company cares about are your scores. A lot o favoritism in this building. I'm glad I escaped this hell hole!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you bent the rules to get the job done?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was perfect and I obtained just what I wanted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES.

I really enjoyed the interview process. It was virtual and really cut and dry. Basically it is all done online, you and other potential employees are in a adobe flash room where the interviewer conducts a group interview. You all get a number to call and they ask questions and also see how you navigate around a computer. At the end, if they give you another number to call, you're hired. Then the second interview is face-to-face, where they just ask personality trait questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Canada, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Canada, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SYKES in January 2012.

Phone Interview. laid back, routine, interviewer was as bored as I was. I got the impression this company has little interviewing experience. They also raced through it as I think they were trying to make up numbers for the next training session

Interview Questions
    not really, take it or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SYKES in November 2013.

Its like every typical "we will call you later". When they finally accepted me, after 4 or 5 interviews in different languages, they wanted me starting on Monday when it was the previous Wednesday, so I spent a lot of money in the flight to go there from my country they didn't give me back more than the 50% of the expenses.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if a customer is angry with the budget he reseived from the technical service due to having water in the phone.   View Answer
    They told me I would be earning 600€ per month, but they didn't told me it was taxes included, they are almost 25%, so I felt a bit cheated.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at SYKES in November 2011.

The company's call center location in Amherst NY offers open interviews monday through friday. I initially was required to fill out a paper application with standard info name, address ,work experience, education., etc. You then take a computer simulated test calls to whether you will be able to be successful in a call center environment. There was also a personality & aptitude exam. Based on results you will get an offer on the spot. You then are given an oral swab drug test.

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate. Set starting pay with annual merit increase

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

I applied for a customer service work at home position on 07/31/14. I received an email in regards to an interview the same day 07/31/2014. I scheduled interview for Saturday, August 2. It was a virtual interview where you had to log onto an adobe connect room and call in on a conference line as well. First they start off by asking you what kind of Windows you had. And if you answered no to the question they took you out of the room and added your application into a pool of different job opportunities. Then the recruiter advised everyone of the position and certain things that you would need. The recruiter asked a series of poll questions that popped up on the screen and if it wasn't a fit for you then your application was put into a pool for different job opportunities. The question process was about 5 questions long and then you had to do a technical question that showed that you knew how to use a computer. One of the interview questions were tell me about a time that you had a stressful situation at work, how did you handle it, and what steps did you take. The technical task just asked for you to take screen shots of your computer settings, for example your windows version, internet explorer version, and how fast your internet is. The interview was supposed to last 2 hours, but it was like 3 in a half, because I was offered the position the exact same day. It was a pretty easy interview and the recruiter was extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, but they do ask you questions with a link to where you can find the answer. You have to dig pretty deep to find the answer to the question though.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay rate was set!!!

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!