SYKES

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

2.3

Westpac Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES.

5mins long. The lady had no idea what she was asking. I knew i had it as soon as she said hello. Didn't even shake my hand. The office was smelly and small. Hr looked like they were ready for a night out on the town.

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in August 2010.

Was done by a young person; she sounded like a child playing grown-ups. I think that sums it up, though this question requires a minimum of fifty words. They employed me, I guess, because of my clear and coherent English, because not much technical knowledge was needed, despite the job title. Anything too difficult meant booking a face-to-face technician.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. The interviewer would have been unable to formulate any   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, and would have been able to. It was take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in February 2015.

Interview process went smoothly. "Optimized interview" in a group setting over the phone/online. Be sure to follow directions. you are asked to write out answers to questions asked on a notepad and then read one of your answers out loud to get a feel of how you sound on the phone. Once this was completed, some were asked to a second interview the following day, after completing an online assessment. The assessment was alot like an IQ test and was a bit difficult in certain sections. The second interview was fairly straight forward- "why do you want to work here?"; "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer"; "sell me this pen" (because the job does require attempting to up sell once service requests are complete). I was offered the job, signed papers for a 7 year background check, completed a drug test, and was emailed links to the W4 information.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but was assured that there is plenty of room to grow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

I applied on line. I received an email inviting me to interview. This was done in chat, on a conference call with other candidates. We listened to a presentation. Then we did a short quiz with essay answers. We were asked to read one of our questions and answers out loud. Those of us hired were sent to a break out room. We were informed of the salary and hours and asked if it was acceptable. Those who agreed stayed. We submitted our computer specs. Over the next few days, we completed our new hire paperwork, and enrolled into training.

Interview Questions
    • A customer calls and says that the previous agent offered them something for free. You know they are lying. What do you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES.

Expect the following: Phone interview, computer check (you cannot have 8.1), background check (if you have a misdemeanor you can work some jobs) Signing paperwork online via PDF files, easy process .

Interview Questions
    • They are going to ask you a question like, "if you ever handled an irate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Staff Job Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SYKES.

Great interview and onboarding process; very smooth and very professional and accommodating. No issues at all. One of the best experiences I have had with any company over a 20-year career.

Easy & fast.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

I was in the room with 2 other people in front of computers. Note I already worked for Sykes and Sykes home... The phone was about 3 ft from me maybe more. The recruiter on the phone heard talking and said it was me. So I was not hired because of conduct. Told re-apply in 6 months even though I am rehireable. So I recommend asking for a supervisor being in the room with you on interviews because the recruiter can say anything g they want with even seeing you and knowing who was actually having bad conduct. Very unfair hiring process.

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES.

Did an interactive online orientation that took about an hour afterwards they kick certain people out of the orientation, if you're still in it when its over they email you a interview date and time.
    There was one physical interview with simple "tell me about the time" and "why work for us" questions. I was hired on the spot The next day I did the mouth swab and also completed paperwork via email that they sent.

They then email you when you are going to start and your start date could be a month or two from when you are hired

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES in January 2015.

Recruiter contact you through email 1st. CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL. Online 1st interview through adobe room. The recruiter tells you all of the expectations of the job, which is fantastic! what the ROP is and what hours you will be required to work. if you pass the virtual interview you will be scheduled for a face to face interview with a supervisor. you will have an opportunity to listen to calls to get a feel for what life in a call center is really like. if you pass the face to face interview you will have to pass a drug test. and complete online forms before you can begin. they start new hires as a class.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SYKES in January 2015.

The interview (for a virtual chat position) was a little over 2 hours. It was held through the Adobe meeting software. For those not familiar with the meeting format, we called in and were able to hear each other's interview when it was time to answer questions. Twelve of us showed up but by the end of the 2 hours there were 8 of us still on the line with 2 people saying they needed more time to think about whether or not they really wanted to take the position. They were told they'd be given 24 hours to think about whether or not they wanted to proceed with the hiring process. Otherwise, they would be placed back into the pool of applicants. The rest of us had 24 hours to initiate our new hire paperwork. We were informed that if we accepted the position but did not begin our paperwork within the 24-hour period we would not be allowed to apply for another position for a year.

The interview process was as follows: call in, listen to an overview of the company and the job expectations (pay, hours, job description, computer requirements, home office requirements). A few polls were given during the overview to see if we were still interested. Most people were fine with the requirements but a couple of people were politely asked to leave the interview/hang up when they voted no to the poll about the hours. They were told they would be placed back into the job applicant pool.

After the overview, the "more serious" part of the interview started. We had to hang up, answer a few job related questions as if chatting with an actual customer, do a typing test, a systems test, take the screen shots and upload them to our profile. After time was up, a call back number and password was placed on the screen. The interviewer went through the class one person at a time checking our answers and screenshots and had us all read one of our scenarios. We were then asked questions, one person at a time still, related to our computer and home office and placed on a "congratulations" screen once she was done asking or answering individual questions. It only took a couple of days to be offered a position after applying but I wanted a chat job.

So it took about a month before I was notified a chat job opened. I scheduled an interview the day I was notified. My interview was the next day. The whole hiring process (background check, drug test, etc.) only took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • It was just a bit challenging to answer the questions, taking the typing test, and submit the 4 required screen shots within the 25 minutes. It was mainly difficult for people who didn't follow instructions.   Answer Question