SYKES

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.4

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES in August 2010.

Was done by a young person; she sounded like a child playing grown-ups. I think that sums it up, though this question requires a minimum of fifty words. They employed me, I guess, because of my clear and coherent English, because not much technical knowledge was needed, despite the job title. Anything too difficult meant booking a face-to-face technician.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. The interviewer would have been unable to formulate any   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, and would have been able to. It was take it or leave it.

Staff Job Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SYKES.

Great interview and onboarding process; very smooth and very professional and accommodating. No issues at all. One of the best experiences I have had with any company over a 20-year career.

Easy & fast.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SYKES.

I was in the room with 2 other people in front of computers. Note I already worked for Sykes and Sykes home... The phone was about 3 ft from me maybe more. The recruiter on the phone heard talking and said it was me. So I was not hired because of conduct. Told re-apply in 6 months even though I am rehireable. So I recommend asking for a supervisor being in the room with you on interviews because the recruiter can say anything g they want with even seeing you and knowing who was actually having bad conduct. Very unfair hiring process.

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SYKES.

Did an interactive online orientation that took about an hour afterwards they kick certain people out of the orientation, if you're still in it when its over they email you a interview date and time.
    There was one physical interview with simple "tell me about the time" and "why work for us" questions. I was hired on the spot The next day I did the mouth swab and also completed paperwork via email that they sent.

They then email you when you are going to start and your start date could be a month or two from when you are hired

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

Very easy questions, and simple process. I received the first phone call to offer the interview. The second call was with a manager, lastly the group interview.

Interview Questions
    There is no room for negotiation.

Customer Service With Upsell Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SYKES.

I filled out the online application on their website. Within a few days, I was contacted via email and invited to a group interview. The interview was conducted both online and over the phone. I signed in to an Adobe chat room with about 11 other people interviewing for the job. First, they gave me a series of multiple choice questions to see if we had the basic requirements for the job. For example, they asked if I was okay with the time commitment and the hourly wage. If you clicked no to any of the questions, she asked you to leave the group interview. After that, we were given a variety of interview questions and had to type our answers in the chat room. The first was a scenario question - a man calls and is upset about his service, how would you handle this call? The second question asked if you preferred busy work environments or quiet work environments. The third question asked you to describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer or person and what was the outcome of that event. The final question was a technical question - find out the weather in Ocean City, Maryland a week ago from today. After everyone had answered their questions, everybody on the phone went around and said one of their answers. We were then instructed to hang up and leave the Adobe chat room. I was notified about their decision via email 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I felt that all of the interview questions were pretty basic. The more technical question might be hard if you're not used to navigating on the internet.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

I initially applied online for Sykes at about 11 am. By 5pm I was called to set up an interview.

Interview 1:
    The first interview is what is called an Optimized interview. In this interview you are directed to sign into a website. This website is a chat room with an adobe slideshow. Upon entering the chat room, you are directed to call a number. You enter the conference number and press #. Then you enter the rooms password, and press # again. Once you enter the call, you are directed to mute your phone.

When your interview time rolls around, there are several other people in the conference call and chat room.

The interviewer will then go over the basics of compensation, time requirements, and what is expected. During this process, you get several pop ups asking whether you do or do not accept what is offered. You are then directed to hang up.

After that, the interviewer will then place you in a breakaway room. While you are in this room, you are on your own. On your screen will be a few different questions. You are given about 20 minutes to type out answers to the questions. When you are finished, and the 20 minutes are up, you will then be put back into the main chat room, and directed to call the same number, with a different conference number and password.

After everyone has reconnected, the interviewer will go down the list of names and have you each read off your answer to one of the questions. When the interviewer has heard from everyone left in the chat room they will then go into another breakaway room. On your screen where you had typed your answers will be information on scheduling another interview if you made it that far.

If you did this interview on site, you will quickly be pulled to the front desk and scheduled for an interview the same day if possible. You don't even get the chance to read whats on your screen and let it sink in. If you are off site, they offer an interview a few days later.

Interview 2:
    This is where the face to face interview comes into play. Myself, I was interviewed by 2 of the managers. One sat off to the side while the other asked questions.

Some of the questions that I remember are:
    Why do you want to work for Sykes?
    Is there anything else that was not on your resume that you would like to tell us about? (Job wise, extra qualifications)
    Do you have a cell phone? Try to sell it to me.
    What is necessary to be a good Salesperson?

There were about 15 other questions to their interview. They went through this part of the interview rather quickly, cutting me off mid sentence in some parts.

If you get the 'We'll call you back in 2-3 days' it is quite likely you will get a call or an email saying something similar to this:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time recently to speak with us regarding our need for a Customer Service Representative with Upsell Support. We enjoyed speaking with you and appreciated your patience throughout our search process.

While we were very impressed with your qualifications, we are focusing now on candidates who have the skills we believe more closely match what we are looking for in the position.

SYKES will be glad to keep your resume on file should we become aware of any other appropriate positions in the near future we will contact you. I would also encourage you to visit our website as new positions become available.

Thank you again for your interest and good luck in all your future endeavors!

Best Regards,"

If you did get the position, congratulations! I'm sure the second manager will take your ID, get your information filled out, and have you sign your paperwork. They hire you straight out of your 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you excelled in a purely performance based environment.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES.

The hiring process is fairly simple. You apply, they contact you in a mass interview and weed out the weak ones, then you do some assessments, then it is a face to face followed by offer or the door.

Interview Questions
    • By far, because the turnover is high here, it would have to be "Why do you want to work for Sykes?"   Answer Question

Financial Services Business Development Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SYKES.

Application process is broken and cannot even get to apply to s job as there are coding issues with the process where the ATS screen mandates a county be associated with a phone number. It states loading in drop down and nothing loads and when you type a county nothing appears and because it has an asterisk it is required so nobody can even spy to get an interview. This is why we should not offshore jobs. Also nobody at company is available until 8am MT - what about life in the east coast?

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SYKES in November 2014.

Application worked beautifully, I experienced none of the issues I had read about online, either here or in other forums. I took about 1 1/2 hours to complete the application and got an interview scheduled for 2 days later. The interview I participated in was through a meeting style chat room. Looking forward to becoming a proud employee of the Sykes Company.

Interview Questions
    • What made a job easier and more difficult in the past?   Answer Question