Sabre Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.9

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX (US)).

Interview

Exhausting and long. They are very thorough and it took over 4 months from the time I got the first interview until I got the offer and then they wanted me to start as soon as possible. I had around 10 interviews (different people) and travelled to headquarters twice. Ultimately it was worth the wait but it was not a quick process. Now from the inside there are several people that have to approve that make the process VERY slow and difficult.

Interview Questions

• A lot of specific questions about previous experience as it relates to the job. Expected.   1 Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interviewed by one person. Questions were just standard C++ questions, nothing easy, nothing super hard. One tricky question but otherwise very standard. Very easy going interviewer as well.
    As long as you knew object oriented programming, inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading, it was good.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you faced in your previous job and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone for a contract to hire position. This was in their Products and Systems Delivery Division, where they had a couple of new projects taking off written in C++ and Java.

Interview Questions

• Lot of C++ questions, standard stuff related to object oriented programming, operator overloading, inheritance, polymorphism.
      Nothing a decent C++ programmer should be afraid of.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

I got Interview Email from recruiter after i gave my resume in college career fair. I had positive response during career fair and i was looking forward to get one such opportunity. At career fair they explained me clearly the position and responsibilities. I has first round of phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are equals and hashcode implemented ?
      2. What are immutable classes in java?
      3. What is implicit conversion in Java?
      4. What are different notations for analysis of algorithms? and differences between them
      5. They asked me to explain all my projects

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

online written test on c++(15 quetions).. easy questions but be careful while choosing answers. Then one technical round about your current project.. Read about const and inheritance.

Interview Questions

• Read about constructor and how to handle exceptions within it. virtual destructors and copy constructors.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sabre (College Station, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Got the Interview call through on campus career fair. The interview was just for one round which was telephonic.Most of the Questions were very Generic Behavioral + The interview included some questions related to project experience

Interview Questions

• Most of the Questions were very Generic Behavioral + The interview included some questions related to project experience   Answer Question

Associate Operations Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Interview is not very difficult, they look more for a cultural fit than for technical skill, atleast for the role for which I interviewed with them. Overall it was nice experience interviewing with them

Negotiation

No negotiation

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sabre in January 2015.

Interview

I was told it is a scheduled interview for me at 11:00 AM at Sabre premises Bangalore, I reached there at 10:50 AM and found out they called lots of people for 11:00 interview and everyone was waiting thereafter 45 minutes HR came to me for an online test(which was not told as a part of interview process) I attended the test which was very basic java programming questions which a person with 2 years of experience could do easily.
    Then came next round of "technical discussion" after waiting for another 30 minutes.
    The discussion lasted around 30 minutes during which interviewer had not asked any single technological question, all about what all technologies I have used in the project I have worked so far.
    Nothing on how I used it or any challenges I faced.
    Asked about the project like what it is all about. Again no technical questions.
    I was getting a feeling that the person interviewing me is not having technical background or does not know what to ask.
    After this discussion HR told me that I did not clear through the technical round, which was surprising to me as all the time interviewer did not ask one single technical or even project architecture question then how did I failed?
    Appeared to me they have decided people they want to hire and were just doing time pass by calling people for interview

Interview Questions

• When you call someone for technical discussion ask questions related to that and then judge, don't waste time   Answer Question

Principal, Airline Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX (US)).

Interview

HR phone screening, followed by the hiring Director interview, met with several other team members, progressed to the Vice President and finally the CMO. All of the interviews were one on one. Based on the behaviors (checking emails, text messages, etc.) during two of the sessions it was very distracting and unprofessional. Sabre HR needs to put their mid and senior management through a basic interview training class to ensure that standards are maintained to provide a fair and equitable platform for the candidates as well as the hiring executives.

Interview Questions

• Situational, what if questions very hypothetical and also without any deep knowledge of the industry so where not very insightful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary and time off up front. There is some latitude within the defined ranges for the company and equivalent positions.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sabre in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online on company website and got a call for onsite interview after 15 days of application. The hiring team - manager and tech lead interviewed me for about one and half hour. The interview started with resume based questions, then questions on my previous work experience as I worked as a .NET developer for a couple of years before pursuing MS in CS. They asked questions on OOP, SQL, .NET web services and Windows services. They also asked me a couple of puzzles to solve based on logic and mathematics.

This was followed by an online assessment test of 30 objective questions on OOP to be solved in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions like difference between array and struct and what is preferred data structure, questions on normalization of database, give a real time scenario where normalization of DB is not preferred and how to perform efficient search on non-indexed relation tables, how are requests to web service sent and received, what tool is used to test web service, what is the use of windows services   1 Answer