Sabre

Updated 23 Jan 2015
Updated 23 Jan 2015

2.9

Associate Operations Research Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sabre.

Interview is not very difficult, they look more for a cultural fit than for technical skill, atleast for the role for which I interviewed with them. Overall it was nice experience interviewing with them

No negotiation

Principal, Airline Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sabre.

HR phone screening, followed by the hiring Director interview, met with several other team members, progressed to the Vice President and finally the CMO. All of the interviews were one on one. Based on the behaviors (checking emails, text messages, etc.) during two of the sessions it was very distracting and unprofessional. Sabre HR needs to put their mid and senior management through a basic interview training class to ensure that standards are maintained to provide a fair and equitable platform for the candidates as well as the hiring executives.

Interview Questions
    • Situational, what if questions very hypothetical and also without any deep knowledge of the industry so where not very insightful.   Answer Question
    Negotiate salary and time off up front. There is some latitude within the defined ranges for the company and equivalent positions.

Associate .NET Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sabre in January 2015.

I applied for this position online on company website and got a call for onsite interview after 15 days of application. The hiring team - manager and tech lead interviewed me for about one and half hour. The interview started with resume based questions, then questions on my previous work experience as I worked as a .NET developer for a couple of years before pursuing MS in CS. They asked questions on OOP, SQL, .NET web services and Windows services. They also asked me a couple of puzzles to solve based on logic and mathematics.

This was followed by an online assessment test of 30 objective questions on OOP to be solved in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions like difference between array and struct and what is preferred data structure, questions on normalization of database, give a real time scenario where normalization of DB is not preferred and how to perform efficient search on non-indexed relation tables, how are requests to web service sent and received, what tool is used to test web service, what is the use of windows services   View Answer

Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sabre in January 2015.

I was told it is a scheduled interview for me at 11:00 AM at Sabre premises Bangalore, I reached there at 10:50 AM and found out they called lots of people for 11:00 interview and everyone was waiting thereafter 45 minutes HR came to me for an online test(which was not told as a part of interview process) I attended the test which was very basic java programming questions which a person with 2 years of experience could do easily.
    Then came next round of "technical discussion" after waiting for another 30 minutes.
    The discussion lasted around 30 minutes during which interviewer had not asked any single technological question, all about what all technologies I have used in the project I have worked so far.
    Nothing on how I used it or any challenges I faced.
    Asked about the project like what it is all about. Again no technical questions.
    I was getting a feeling that the person interviewing me is not having technical background or does not know what to ask.
    After this discussion HR told me that I did not clear through the technical round, which was surprising to me as all the time interviewer did not ask one single technical or even project architecture question then how did I failed?
    Appeared to me they have decided people they want to hire and were just doing time pass by calling people for interview

Interview Questions
    • When you call someone for technical discussion ask questions related to that and then judge, don't waste time   Answer Question

Business Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sabre.

They are good and Organized. First, they send an email to arrange for the phone interview. The interview itself was not difficult. it is an average interview with screening questions.
    I enjoy the process of going over my resume. Then, he asked about the job and my interest in this kind of job. Then. He went over some of the job task and check if I have done something similar before.
    Good interview over all

Principal Program Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sabre.

Initial interview with department Vice President, lasted over an hour, although he spent most of his time checking emails, text messages on his cell phone. In fact, he took a personal call during the interview. Overall a non-professional experience. Showed lack of maturity and lack of respect towards the candidate.

Second interview with C-Level Executive was more conversational in nature and focused on validating the candidate's experience and application to the organization and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Vice President interview was Silicon Valley style with few questions related to candidate's experience, more focused on "what would you do..." to flesh out the candidate's strategic thinking process.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate salary and additional personal time off

Principal Account Manager Interview

Initial interview was conducted in two parts, first by the hiring manager and then by an HR representative. The hiring manager asked some detailed questions regarding sales process and overall philosophy behind the approach. Additional drill down questions were asked about different steps in the process with some being situational based. The time spent with HR was more about the company and culture of the organization with a few baseline questions regarding background.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were overly difficult, it was just a matter of explaining in a lot of detail what your sales process involved.   Answer Question

BPI Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sabre.

Took 06 weeks, interviewed for multiple positions and finally was offered two. The interview was pretty easy and conversational. The final round is always on-campus and they introduce you to the entire facility before you begin the final interview process- which is great.

They do not negotiate with interns

Data Analyst Interview

Good experience with interview. Met with all the team members. It was a comfortable environment and less pressure interview. The interview was mostly about my skillset and past work experience. The interview was for 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. Just had to talk about my work experience.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sabre.

Found the job on LinkedIn, phone call/email from recruiter to set up interview, phone interview with potential mentor and in person meeting with potential mentor and hiring manager. Questions mainly pertained to my previous work experience because they were trying to assess whether or not I could fit the job description.

For the most part, they want to see if you can get the job done with little hand holding.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to create a business process. How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    Interns were generally paid the same. If you were in your masters, expect around $30/hr. Undergrads had between $18-25.