Sabre

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contributor Software QA Engineering Interview

Contributor Software QA Engineering
Kraków (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in April 2013.

Interview Details First is telephone interview to check your overall knowledge of java, etc.
Second you have interview in Sabre with one or two teams.
This second phase tooks from 1 to 2 hours

Interview Question – all questions are rather logical and appropriate   View Answer

Senior Principal Product Manager Interview

Senior Principal Product Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Sabre in February 2010.

Interview Details Group interviews, one on one and sometimes brought in to interview with the VP. Initial interview is usually with the internal HR recruiter. The individuals interviewing in a group are mostly peers. Some peers have experience interviewing where others are clearly inept at the process.

Senior Release Manager Interview

Senior Release Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in June 2010.

Interview Details I heard from the hiring manager directly for a phone interview. When I came in for the interview there were more than 5 people present. I heard back fairly quickly and it appeared they were anxious to get the position filled. During the interview I was a little surprised at the simplicity of the questions.

Interview Question – It's been a while since I interviewed but I really can't remember any really difficult questions. As far as technical, the questions were more probing around the process they were trying to implement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty short. I negotiated more time off, but that was about it.

Principal Business Operations and Planning Interview

Principal Business Operations and Planning

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details Handled as a panel interview. Questions focus on resource management, planning and tracking experience. T&I management and department budgeting were also critical areas. Went through 1st round of individual interviews, second round of panel, third round of management interviews before final negotiations. Final negotiations went several rounds as HR was determined to negotiate my price down. I had to stick to my numbers over several weeks before finally getting what I wanted.

Interview Question – What failure have you regretted most in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR picked a number and stuck to it. I walked. They finally came back with a new number. I increased mine. We settled on my number.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details More or less 1-way interview which did not allow for the candidate to ask questions. 100% of interview was over phone. Would have preferred some face time with hiring manager as well as VP. Communication was limited due to 3rd party being involved. Company need to do better in this area

Interview Question – Not given the whole picture of the situation prior to accepting the offer. Would have preferred to understand the situation better as well provide thorough understanding of skillset   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

Release Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details Applied online. Helps to know people on the inside. If you can find someone inside the company to get your resume to hiring manager, the better. You still have to apply online though. Interview was basically behavioral. Pretty easy interview process. Some technical positions might have to do some white board programming.

Negotiation Details – Make sure you get everything in writing.

Principal Solution Architect Interview

Principal Solution Architect
Southlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in March 2011.

Interview Details HR really slow, once in the door was pretty quick, 3 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with 3 mgrs.

Negotiation Details – asked for more, got it. Asked for extra week of PTO, got it. no issues.

Associate Developer Intern Interview

Associate Developer Intern
Kraków (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in May 2013.

Interview Details I have two interviews. Firstly, I was in Sabre Krakow and I wrote skills test. I choose Java and it was standard test with typical questions about this programming language. A month later, I had 1:1 interview with two people from Sabre. They asked me about my projects, Java and gave me some simple algorithm problems.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about work in group and interpersonal communication.   Answer Question

Principal Product Manager Interview

Principal Product Manager
Southlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in July 2010.

Interview Details Initial contact via phone by recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and then next level up (VP in this case). If you're brought in for on-site be prepared for long day of at least 6-8 one-on-one interviews. Once the on-site is over it can still take time for them to call you back; it is a very slow process. Many of your one-on-ones will be with people from completely different areas. Even if you're not the right fit for the job you're interviewing for those people might decide to move forward with you about a different position. Once I was hired I became part of the interviewing group in my particular area.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They typically ask you questions about your background and try to determine your level of knowledge about the product you'd potentially manage. Example: If you're going to be managing a Fleet Planning tool then they'll ask you about Fleet Planning. They are very focused on the Product Manager also being somewhat of a subject matter expert.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are able to negotiate. Negotiations typically happen with the HR rep not the hiring manager. They pretty much expect that you'll ask for 10% more but they will only adjust a little; don't expect to get even 5% unless they really want you.

Senior Release Manager Interview

Senior Release Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details The interview was face to face using technology. I was taken to a mulitmedia room so I could have a face to face interview with two future team members from another country. The questions were difficult and you have to be prepared to listen carefully since English is their second (or third) language. I had just the one interview and was offered a position.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a time that I had a conflict with another employee. This type of question can go badly if you have not prepared ahead of time   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I accepted. However, I would recommend that you negotiate for additional time off. As a seasoned professional, I should have had more than 15 days of PTO per year - this includes floating holidays, vacation days and sick days.

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!