Sabre

Getting the Interview

87 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Release Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details Applied online. Helps to know people on the inside. If you can find someone inside the company to get your resume to hiring manager, the better. You still have to apply online though. Interview was basically behavioral. Pretty easy interview process. Some technical positions might have to do some white board programming.

Negotiation Details – Make sure you get everything in writing.

Principal Solution Architect Interview

Principal Solution Architect
Southlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in March 2011.

Interview Details HR really slow, once in the door was pretty quick, 3 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with 3 mgrs.

Negotiation Details – asked for more, got it. Asked for extra week of PTO, got it. no issues.

Associate Developer Intern Interview

Kraków (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in May 2013.

Interview Details I have two interviews. Firstly, I was in Sabre Krakow and I wrote skills test. I choose Java and it was standard test with typical questions about this programming language. A month later, I had 1:1 interview with two people from Sabre. They asked me about my projects, Java and gave me some simple algorithm problems.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about work in group and interpersonal communication.   Answer Question

Principal Product Manager Interview

Principal Product Manager
Southlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in July 2010.

Interview Details Initial contact via phone by recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and then next level up (VP in this case). If you're brought in for on-site be prepared for long day of at least 6-8 one-on-one interviews. Once the on-site is over it can still take time for them to call you back; it is a very slow process. Many of your one-on-ones will be with people from completely different areas. Even if you're not the right fit for the job you're interviewing for those people might decide to move forward with you about a different position. Once I was hired I became part of the interviewing group in my particular area.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They typically ask you questions about your background and try to determine your level of knowledge about the product you'd potentially manage. Example: If you're going to be managing a Fleet Planning tool then they'll ask you about Fleet Planning. They are very focused on the Product Manager also being somewhat of a subject matter expert.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are able to negotiate. Negotiations typically happen with the HR rep not the hiring manager. They pretty much expect that you'll ask for 10% more but they will only adjust a little; don't expect to get even 5% unless they really want you.

Senior Release Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details The interview was face to face using technology. I was taken to a mulitmedia room so I could have a face to face interview with two future team members from another country. The questions were difficult and you have to be prepared to listen carefully since English is their second (or third) language. I had just the one interview and was offered a position.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a time that I had a conflict with another employee. This type of question can go badly if you have not prepared ahead of time   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I accepted. However, I would recommend that you negotiate for additional time off. As a seasoned professional, I should have had more than 15 days of PTO per year - this includes floating holidays, vacation days and sick days.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Southlake, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sabre in November 2010.

Interview Details They will have multiple interviews that will ask what you did and give examples on how you handled different situations.

Interview Question – make sure you have plenty of real life experience examples on how you handled difficult projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave the number and i simply accepted. not much room for negotiation.

Delivery Manager Interview

Delivery Manager
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in March 2011.

Interview Details Very easy with few questions

Interview Question – What's your favorite entry?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I read about other candidates experiences

Software Developer Intern Interview

Kraków (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sabre in April 2013.

Interview Details Firstly, I wrote some skills tests touching mostly the topics of Java, Design Patterns, Testing. Then, after being successful in them I advanced to a phone interview with an HR recruiter. This interview was aimed mostly at checking my soft skills and command of language. Finally, there was an on-site interview with 2 technical recruiters. Most of the questions were quite abstract and high level. In general the interview process has been very pleasant and professional.

Interview Question – "How do you approach a task of solving some design problem"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Account Manager/Director Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sabre.

Interview Details Interview process can be lengthy. Typically begins with a Sabre recruiter contacting the perspective employee. This person doesn't traditionally conduct an actual interview but mainly acts as a facilitator to set-up an interview with the appropriate hiring manager. Interview styles vary across teams and managers but they are typically looking for a skill set the organization doesn't already posses. So accentuating skills outside those standard and customary for the given position will go a long way.

Interview Question – Interview questions are fairly standard and vary depending on the hiring manager and department. However be wary of hidden meanings, such as are you free to travel 25% of the time which typically means 75% of the time. Are you free to work evening and weekends as necessary, i.e. on call 24/7 even during paid time off or hospitalizations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are poor. They have a static offer and they remain fairly close to what is extended

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Kraków (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sabre in February 2013.

Interview Details It is long process. First recruting agency contacts you (2 phone calls), after that you have phone call with manager and finally interview in office.

Interview Question – There were no suprising questions. Rather standard for that position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but it was quite limited.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sabre

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sabre interview questions and advice. All 87 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sabre employees and interview candidates.