Salesforce

Updated 9 Dec 2014

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2013.

Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

MM Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2010.

Straight forward like all sales roles in IT; Recruiter > 1-1 with hiring manager > presentation to panel > call with regional VP. They are lovely people, so just follow the process and you'll be fine. Learn as much as you can about the company beforehand as the slides they want you to present are over 3 years old, so irrelevant in context. Therefore, show them you know they are old by verbalising the new messaging.

Interview Questions
    Difficult, they weren't open to much negotiation.

Senior Account Executive/Sales - Waste of Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Applied via Web site. Received a friendly "we're interested in talking to you when are you available response". I replied with my availability and didn't hear back for over a month. No response until 2nd follow up email to check on status.
    Scheduled phone interview - very basic question about experience. Recruiter was late for our call. Really unimpressed with the process and withdrew my application.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I found out about Salesforce through a few of my friends that worked there. They really enjoyed working there, so I though that I should give it a try. They were at my college for a career fair and I stopped by for a quick chat. The woman that I spoke with was incredibly nice and down to earth. I received an email a few days later that informed me of an interview. The first interview was pretty basic. They asked about my resume and it really just turned into a conversation. Two weeks after that interview, I was informed that I got a final interview. It consisted of 4 different interviews and a group presentation with the other possible interns. The interviewers were very nice and again the interviews turned into conversations. The group project was pretty simple, so do not stress about that. All in all, it was a very different interview experience and I really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    • How do you fit into the company?
      What three words would others use to describe you?

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

The absolute worst interview I have ever had. I applied for a technical position and expected some technical conversation -- NONE. No one had a clue. Not one manager or technical worker was available. Then there was the writing test. I have a degree from a major university. A High School writing test was not appropriate. I have over 25 years of work experience. I was so put-off by the entire experience that I called the outside recruiter and said the run my application through the shredder. I was embarrassed to have even applied at this place.

Software Engineer Interview

The process of scheduling interview is really messy in this company, although I really liked the company initially. Very negative experience. No technical question at all, the interviewer was Indian and I Could Not tell his words.

Account Executive - Small/Medium Business (SMB) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

The process was very long and detailed. The interviews are extremely difficult and detailed. You must have all of your facts straight about your past compensation, rankings, deals, lost deals, etc. My first two interviews were over the phone and the final was in person. I would recommend preparing extremely well for these interviews. Know the product better than anyone. Know the culture better than anyone. If you are a difficult person to get along with or a confrontational personality...forget it. They are the best and they only hire top talent. The most important thing to them is that you will work well with your co-workers. It means everything at the end of the day. Also employee referrals are about 75% of the external hires.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain the service cloud to your grandmother"
      "How would you react if someone called into your accounts"
      "Who is our head of global sales"
      "Explain the cloud to me"

Answer Question
    No negotiation but the offer phase lasted very long. It took 3 weeks to hear back after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Talked to a Salesforce recruiter at a campus career fair. They reached out to me several weeks later and had me do a phone interview, and then had me complete an online coding challenge. Phone interview was lots of small technical questions, not one large coding question. Also discussion of past experiences/projects and why you're interested in Salesforce. Medium difficulty.

Customer Success Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I applied for this position with an internal referral. A few days latter, I received an email from the recruiter, who had also recently hired on. She scheduled to call my cell phone. I gave it to her but she didn't call until I emailed her again. She finally called half an hour later and commented she had a different number..even though clearly my phone number was on the email thread.

Interview Questions
    • What I didn't expect was the recruiter spoke more about herself than giving me a chance to share my experiences. When I did get a chance, she cut me off and suggested I was better suited for an entry level position even though I have been in the industry for 15 years.   View Answer