Salesforce

Updated 20 Oct 2014

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2013.

Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

MM Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2010.

Straight forward like all sales roles in IT; Recruiter > 1-1 with hiring manager > presentation to panel > call with regional VP. They are lovely people, so just follow the process and you'll be fine. Learn as much as you can about the company beforehand as the slides they want you to present are over 3 years old, so irrelevant in context. Therefore, show them you know they are old by verbalising the new messaging.

Interview Questions
    Difficult, they weren't open to much negotiation.

Member of Technical Staff (Software Engineer) Interview

There were two technical interviews where the focus was on coding problems. There were couple of questions for test also. The questions asked were : Given a Y linked list , find the merging point. Find if a binary tree is balanced or not.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce in October 2014.

I gave a recruiter my resume at an event and then had a phone interview scheduled.

My interviewer asked about my previous projects first. Next, they said given a string, how would you count the number of words in that string. Finally, the last question was to write code to shuffle a card deck, and how to check if the code actually worked/was completely random.

Perhaps it was just my interviewer, but I could tell they weren't happy with my answers because they didn't move on to another question. However, I exhausted all my solutions and still couldn't seem to get the right answer.

Interview Questions
    • Apparently testing a card shuffling algorithm was a problem from Google Code Jam.   Answer Question

CIT Interview

I had three to four phone interviews with three different people at Salesforce, both managers and HR people. Mostly competency based questions: why do you want to work for salesforce, why CIT, what are your key skills, take me through your CV, what does Salesforce do, what makes a good sales person...

No negotiation.

SMTS, Quality Engineer Interview

Hiring process is very defined with one round of phone interview, almost all day interview with one hour programming interview in the beginning.
    They made offer on the next day to me and I think its still the process.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't realize if there was any difficult question, mostly if you know the OOPS and OOD then the interview is straigthforward.   Answer Question

LMTS QE Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Salesforce.

2- 3 interviews.First one would be phone screen followed by personal round with a programmng test .If it is ok, then continue with the personal interview with team members and management.

Interview Questions
    • Coming up with a framework for complex distributed systems.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Took its own time to setup the interview. Initial around was over Skype for an hour with Sr Director. Very generic questions like past work, challenges and what would have done better etc. It was nice discussion and waiting for the full loop

Interview Questions
    • Question was : Given two issues, one which is happening 70% of crash on app launch and other one is 20% of the time App fail to store state of it. Given these two which one do you consider fixing it?   Answer Question