Salesforce

Updated 25 Feb 2015

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2013.

Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

MM Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2010.

Straight forward like all sales roles in IT; Recruiter > 1-1 with hiring manager > presentation to panel > call with regional VP. They are lovely people, so just follow the process and you'll be fine. Learn as much as you can about the company beforehand as the slides they want you to present are over 3 years old, so irrelevant in context. Therefore, show them you know they are old by verbalising the new messaging.

Interview Questions
    Difficult, they weren't open to much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

I was referred through a friend. The process took about 2 weeks. First I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was invited in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I first met with a Sales Rep for 30 minutes and then with a panel of three managers for about an hour. They want to see that you're energetic, articulate, competitive and excited about Salesforce. I had a very positive experience but ultimately accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Salesforce? Why sales? How would you explain Salesforce to somebody on the street? If we were to ask your current boss, what would she say is a strength of yours and what is a weakness?   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

3 x phone / skype interviews with recruiter, peer and hiring manager. Panel interview with three assessors including delivering a presentation about salesforce and a demo of the system. Another phone interview with EMEA VP, then offer.

Interview questions as expected, panel interview and demo was challenging, but a realistic simulation of the role.

Interview Questions
    • How salesforce could benefit an imaginary company (case study provided).   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

A few days after applying through the online form, I got an email from the recruiter who requested a telephone interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. The recruiter told me that she had a meeting afterwards, so she handled the interview very quickly. She was very friendly though.

Interview Questions
    • - Why Salesforce?
      - Did you use our cloud services?
      - Questions regarding professional background and B2B sales experience.

Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Got an email from HR, set up a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. Was told that the next stage would include scripting challenges and had 48 hours to complete. Challenges were on Javascript, CSS, and Ruby. It takes a little long to complete but that may be because I wasn't too familiar with Ruby.

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce.

I submitted an application online through the SFDC website. A recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview within a day. I was contacted within 3 days for a phone Interview with Recruiter. The next steps were a phone interview with Hiring Manager and Panel presentation and Interview at SFDC HQ.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Explain the cloud, do I use CRM, proudest sales accomplishment? The interviewer really focused on my experience at my current employer although I have a few employers listed on my resume (focused on recent experience).   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

The interview process is not so hard and easy to crack. I have been interviewed by sales force Performance Group and there were 6 rounds . The first 4 rounds of interviews went well and after that they have asked to prepare on bunch of topics like Ruby on rails , Performance tools , Garbage collection , DB .etc . I have put much time and prepared well on these topics . Then there were 2 rounds with the US people and they also went well . Finally they come up with a decision stating that i don't have experience in performance engineering. This is not good because initially itself i have told that i don't have any experience working on performance engg and it was not mentioned anywhere in my profile. I think they should make a clear decision after scanning through the profile. The expectation is a bit high . My sincere advice to the candidates is that if the interviewer asks you to prepare on some topics . Just tell them that you are busy in doing office work and you dont find free time. Please don;t spend your time on preparation . You should not be asked to prepare instead you should be interviewed on your current skill set and what you have put in your profile.

Software Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

The overall process took around 1 month to complete. I had a referral from a friend and they contacted me about a week after I applied. The interview process itself took about 2 weeks and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews which were a mix of both behavioral and technical questions. Specifically the first interviewer asked me about relevant experience on my resume, asked an algorithm question, asked 2 behavioral 'give me a time when...' questions, then asked me what about the company I was interested in. The second interviewer asked me 1 behavioral question, 2 algorithm/technical questions, and asked what kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question: Given a deck of unshuffled cards, how would you go about shuffling the cards and what was the Big-O complexity.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate considering the salary was very competitive.