Salesforce.com

Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.2

MM Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2010.

Straight forward like all sales roles in IT; Recruiter > 1-1 with hiring manager > presentation to panel > call with regional VP. They are lovely people, so just follow the process and you'll be fine. Learn as much as you can about the company beforehand as the slides they want you to present are over 3 years old, so irrelevant in context. Therefore, show them you know they are old by verbalising the new messaging.

Interview Questions
    Difficult, they weren't open to much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2013.

I was approached by a recruiter. First there was a phone interview with the manager (mostly technical), this was followed by a coding exercise: This took place remotely. I was sent a problem to solve and given two hours, at which point the interviewer called me back, and I took him through a code review and also answered a few other technical questions. I was then invited for an on-site interview (In a different city to where I live - they paid the flight and hotel, and were supposed to reimburse other costs although this never showed up), which took just over half a day (including lunch with the manager of the team). This involved a lot of white-board exercises over software design, algorithms and data structures, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The onsite was pretty intense. I thought there would be more of an emphasis on "real world" coding after the coding exercise but had to do a serious amount of theoretical design etc. too.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Took its own time to setup the interview. Initial around was over Skype for an hour with Sr Director. Very generic questions like past work, challenges and what would have done better etc. It was nice discussion and waiting for the full loop

Interview Questions
    • Question was : Given two issues, one which is happening 70% of crash on app launch and other one is 20% of the time App fail to store state of it. Given these two which one do you consider fixing it?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

First talked met with them at a university recruiting session. Had an on the spot interview with the recruiter, asked intermediate level java and concurrency questions. Got some contact information, submitted my resume online, and got an email back scheduling a phone interview. Had one phone interview, some more email back and forth about how I felt the interview went, and then after about a week or two I got a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of data structures questions. The one that I struggled the most with was: given an binary search tree (that is, an ordered tree), how would you find the element of the tree at a particular "index", where index is defined as the position in the tree's ordering.   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2010.

It was a pretty standard interview process. I already knew the recruiter from a different position that I applied for 6 months earlier. She did the initial screening to make sure that I was qualified for the position. I then did a phone screen for the first round with the hiring manager because I wasn't based in the SF/Bay Area. The next round was consolidated for me because I would have to fly in to SF for a combined second/final round of interviews; I had second rounds with 5 people including the hiring manager in the morning and then a 20 minute presentation in the afternoon to showcase my abilities to market a fictional product.

Interview Questions
    • The real world scenario where I had three weeks to present a fictional product launch to the hiring manager (VP of Product Marketing) and head of the group (SVP of Product Marketing) was definitely challenging but also very informative of their work environment and standards. I love this practice and use it today when I'm hiring.   Answer Question

Decided that I wanted to stick with the start-up that gave me a counter offer where I wouldn't have to move. Loved the company though, and would definitely consider working for them in the future.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2014.

Straight-forward process including In-house recruiter phone interview, in-person panel interview, presentation & panel interview, background check & references, recruitment event, offer. They are very professional with the process. Your recruiter will offer you great tips so ask them for insider information so you can be best prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Standard sales questions. Be VERY PREPARED with actual numbers when presenting your work history/past successes. If you can't substantiate it, forget it.   View Answer
    Straight forward process. Be upfront about what you are looking for, if you can prove you're worth it, they'll match it.

Marketing Manager Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone conversations with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews.Recruiter was helpful along the way, not so much when I was waiting for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, ie how would I roll out a marketing campaign.   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!