Salesforce.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

MM Account Executive Interview

MM Account Executive
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2010.

Interview Details Straight forward like all sales roles in IT; Recruiter > 1-1 with hiring manager > presentation to panel > call with regional VP. They are lovely people, so just follow the process and you'll be fine. Learn as much as you can about the company beforehand as the slides they want you to present are over 3 years old, so irrelevant in context. Therefore, show them you know they are old by verbalising the new messaging.

Interview Question – Nothing that I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult, they weren't open to much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Question – What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
Key to this process is to read the instructions!
The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Question – Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Renewals Manager - UK Interview

Renewals Manager - UK
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2014.

Interview Details SFDC recruiter phoned me from the UK, brief question/answer session. Next step: in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager isn't an HR person, nor has any relevant HR knowledge. Stuffy (stiff, non-personal) interview, despite attempting to convince me that they were a great and congenial "team". UK recruiter NEVER phoned back. EVER. After two friendly reminders. Cut my losses. If they're not interested, simply e-mail a canned response. At the least.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Solution Engagement Manager Interview

Solution Engagement Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of 7 interviews (with various levels within the organization including managers, directors, and Vice Presidents, a panel interview with 4 people (of similar levels), and a presentation. The presentation was also in front of 4 people. It was a tough interview process; however, the company is the overall leader in this industry and that is to be expected to secure the best talent.

Interview Question – The presentation was the most difficult as it involved preparation work.   Answer Question

Cloud Security Interview

Cloud Security
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter.

So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him.

This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST.

All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Interview Question – None really - see above.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2010.

Interview Details The initial recruiting process was very fast by an in-house recruiter from Salesforce.com. Salesforce.com has a great structured process for Account Executives (AEs) There are several stages which vary from an individual to a group interview with the direct hiring manager as well as other area or peers. The final stage is to do a sales call and conduct a sales meeting based on a given scenario.

Interview Question – I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your due diligence and have done your homework about industry, client success stories (this is very important) and you prepare for the sales meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by the recruiter for Chatter team to see if there's a match. I went through one technical phone interview and the remote programming test. After I passed them both, they came back and told me that they've changed direction.

A few days later, another recruiter from Sales Cloud approached me and since I've done the remote programming test, they skipped that but instead I get to do technical remote whiteboarding interview once and talked to the Director of Engineering. Once I've passed those, they flew me to their HQ for 6 rounds of interview (one of them is lunch).

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the process as they tried to ensure I'm ready and well prepared for each round of the interview.

Interview Question – They will ask you everything from the Database up to the Front-End   Answer Question

Community Support Representative Interview

Community Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2014.

Interview Details The hiring/interview process here was fantastic! Very organized and low-stress compared to interviews at other companies for similar roles. Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone call with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager and 3 other team members (in-person total of 2 hours)

Interview Question – GIven hypothetical customer support cases and asked how I would respond to each. Not really surprising considering the nature of the role.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Question – No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!