Salesforce.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Question – What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
Key to this process is to read the instructions!
The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Question – Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Referred by employee and later got contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. It was an 1 hour phone interview with online programming. After the phone, they determined that I didn't need a second round interview and go onsite directly. The onsite was set about 1 week later.

Interview Question – Phone interview: reverse an array, and write test cases for it.

Onsite:
1. How to test twitter posting?
2. Programming test 2 methods: reverse a string and compare 2 strings. Write test cases for both methods.
3. Manager Interview
4. Revers a circled linked list. Questions about singleton pattern.
  View Answer

Sales Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Badly organized Sales development specialist team. Expect a long delay to any questions on the recruitment process.

Lead IT Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2010.

Interview Details I do not want to share it as i have signed a non dis closer document with the company. I will not be able to share it online as they say it is going to impact the business but i can take a risk of doing the sharing of the interview process with online.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details 1st level phone interview followed by a programming round. If you pass the second one there will be a 3-4 hours in person interview and after that I had another two technical interviews through phone.

Interview Question – There were some puzzle type questions asked in the in-person interview which was required to be solved with a white board solution in 2 minutes to judge how you think I guess. It was unexpected..but was good   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Salary was offered equal or more than my expectation and I was totally ready to say "Yes"

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details After you get contacted by a recruiter, it takes about a week to get a phone screen. Scheduled a phone interview, and got no call, so I emailed to have it rescheduled. Received no apology either-very unprofessional. Its insulting to wait for a call, and prepare your whole morning around it, and not receive a call. No other company has done this to me. The rescheduled interview was 10 minutes late, and immediately the recruiter conveyed an unfriendly tone evoking a sense that I was already wasting her time. The questions were straightforward, but it was a very uncomfortable process as she gave a cursory glance at my work history. Recruiting department needs to behave more professionally if they want to attract good talent.

Interview Question – Explain Salesforce or Cloud Computing   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2014.

Interview Details Phone contacts ran very smooth and friendly. The process ends with a panel session where the applicant is expected to engage in a simulated sales meeting.
They expected me to invest a week of time to prepare for a simulated sales meeting, learning the product offering and preparing a demo.
I think this is over the top - you will prove that you are willing to invest time, not that you fit the job.

Interview Question – I was expected to do an in depth demo of the salesforce.com solution   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

Interview Details Resume review. The interviewer was 15 minutes late. He was expecting me to know about the performance testing tools. But as a college student, of course I don't know about these tools. Also, we talked about the projects I listed in the resume. He asked me to explain one of the projects, which is a distributed system project. He asked about how I make the system reliable.

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

Events & Dreamforce Apprentice Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

Interview Details When I first learned about Salesforce, I automatically knew that this is the company I wanted to work for upon graduation. So let me start off by saying that, if you want a place within Forbes' Most Innovative company, you have to REALLY want it. I got in touch with recruiters and communicated often. These recruiters are swamped with emails, so again do your due diligence and check for the job listings available on their Careers site. APPLY RIGHT AWAY. The San Franciscan office is very competitive and the interview process at HQ is lengthier than other offices. Also if you think that you're "too good" for this Apprenticeship position, get off your high horse now. It's a great way to hit the ground running and depending on performance, you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to transition into full-time. To your mom, you might be the only apple of her eye. But at Salesforce, there's thousands of great interns busting to get into those dreamy doors. Be positive, optimistic, excited, and drink 2 cups of coffee before your interview...and oh, be prepared. That's an obvious but you'd be surprised at how many people aren't.

Interview Question – How do you rank among your peers?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com interview questions and advice. All 379 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees and interview candidates.