Salesforce.com

3.2

MM Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2010.

Straight forward like all sales roles in IT; Recruiter > 1-1 with hiring manager > presentation to panel > call with regional VP. They are lovely people, so just follow the process and you'll be fine. Learn as much as you can about the company beforehand as the slides they want you to present are over 3 years old, so irrelevant in context. Therefore, show them you know they are old by verbalising the new messaging.

Interview Questions
    Difficult, they weren't open to much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Finance Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview consisted of 2 phone calls: first with the recruiter for an initial screening and then a couple days later a group phone interview with the team. Questions were basic, mostly behavioral, and gave me a sense of what to expect from my experience/team. My 2nd phone call was rescheduled in the last minute but the open and honest conversation I had with the other team members afterwards made up for it.

CFL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Easy straightforward. Good interviewers. We'll managed. Recruiting and hiring managers were well versed in their respective roles and we're able to easily Articulate role expectations. I have heard negative experiences but that was not mine at all.

Easy. Straight forward.

Client Success Manager Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. The recruiters were very informative and quick to respond after interviews. I was always clear on the process and next steps. They did an amazing job at setting and managing expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a relationship with a client you've never worked with?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2014.

Applied online on the career website and got an initial screening round call with the HR. After that, was the telephone round which was technical. Once that was done, the final round was in the Oregon office. On the interview day, they gave a tour of the office building; which is spectacular; and they did an introductory session. It was mainly aimed at emphasizing how Salesforce.com is an innovative company growing by leaps and bounds. This session is a great chance for candidates to learn more about the company and ask questions. After that, there were 3 back-to-back rounds which were behavioral, technical and cultural. Next week after the interview week, I got the much awaited call that I was being offered the position with the company. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Expect the unexpected especially for non-technical rounds   Answer Question

Renewals Manager - UK Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2014.

SFDC recruiter phoned me from the UK, brief question/answer session. Next step: in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager isn't an HR person, nor has any relevant HR knowledge. Stuffy (stiff, non-personal) interview, despite attempting to convince me that they were a great and congenial "team". UK recruiter NEVER phoned back. EVER. After two friendly reminders. Cut my losses. If they're not interested, simply e-mail a canned response. At the least.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Solution Engagement Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

The interview process consisted of 7 interviews (with various levels within the organization including managers, directors, and Vice Presidents, a panel interview with 4 people (of similar levels), and a presentation. The presentation was also in front of 4 people. It was a tough interview process; however, the company is the overall leader in this industry and that is to be expected to secure the best talent.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult as it involved preparation work.   Answer Question

Cloud Security Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter.

So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him.

This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST.

All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Interview Questions

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!