Salesforce.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

MM Account Executive Interview

MM Account Executive
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2010.

Interview Details Straight forward like all sales roles in IT; Recruiter > 1-1 with hiring manager > presentation to panel > call with regional VP. They are lovely people, so just follow the process and you'll be fine. Learn as much as you can about the company beforehand as the slides they want you to present are over 3 years old, so irrelevant in context. Therefore, show them you know they are old by verbalising the new messaging.

Interview Question – Nothing that I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult, they weren't open to much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone screen discussing the opportunity, followed by an in-person meeting with your recruiter. They ask questions about your resume and determine what role you are best suited for. They will then set up meetings with the respective hiring managers. If you make it through you will meet with the director. If they reach a decision they will contact you and make the offer.

Interview Question – What would your biggest challenge be coming in to this role   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
Key to this process is to read the instructions!
The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Question – Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Question – No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2010.

Interview Details The initial recruiting process was very fast by an in-house recruiter from Salesforce.com. Salesforce.com has a great structured process for Account Executives (AEs) There are several stages which vary from an individual to a group interview with the direct hiring manager as well as other area or peers. The final stage is to do a sales call and conduct a sales meeting based on a given scenario.

Interview Question – I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your due diligence and have done your homework about industry, client success stories (this is very important) and you prepare for the sales meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest.

Community Support Representative Interview

Community Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2014.

Interview Details The hiring/interview process here was fantastic! Very organized and low-stress compared to interviews at other companies for similar roles. Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone call with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager and 3 other team members (in-person total of 2 hours)

Interview Question – GIven hypothetical customer support cases and asked how I would respond to each. Not really surprising considering the nature of the role.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details I had an employee at the company put in my resume. The recruiter got in contact with me a couple of days later and we set up a call for the next week. It's your basic phone screen that is completely casual. The recruiter will just ask you about your previous experiences and how they will translate to the position at salesforce. Just make sure you are familiar with all of salesforce's products and have your reasons ready for wanting to join salesforce.

I was prepared for everything and answered the questions convincingly. I just did not have the required 1-2 years of direct sales experience, which is what left me out of the next round of interviews.

Interview Question – What do you know about Salesforce?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Question – Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   Answer Question

Global Service Desk Analyst Interview

Global Service Desk Analyst
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2014.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews and one on-site interview. The first call was just looking into my background to see would I be a good fit for the role at hand. The second was a more technical one with problem scenarios and "what if" questions. The on-site was a group day held at a hotel in Dublin City. I've never done a group interview before and didn't think that it would be a good idea as other candidates may stand out more. The day consisted of an ice breaker, one team building exercise and a business project where we had to do a presentation and then received a debrief. Excellent experience and the staff were so friendly and down to earth. After this day I wanted to work for the company even more. Such a positive experience.

Interview Question – Got asked questions about hardware issues. i.e screens, printers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had already agreed on a figure before the on site in the event that I would be successful.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details Have to say the recruiter was absolutely amazing to work with. She was very informative and sweet and always had open communication. Initially spoke with recruiter through phone with basic role description/why do you want to work here questions, etc. I then had two 30 min phone interviews one after the other with hiring mgr and hiring director. The hiring mgr was nice enough, asked a lot of technical questions. The hiring director was very hard to read and after you gave her answer she would just say "okay". After these 3 phone interviews ,I was invited to onsite interview which was a terrible experience. The recruiter greeted me and she was very nice but that was where the positive ended. I was supposed to meet with 4 people that day but 2 of the people I was supposed to meet with were in other mtgs so they subbed in 2 other people last minute who were not really sure what they were supposed to be asking me. I was also supposed to be given a case study but they didn't give it to me and when I asked them about it--they just told me oh well. This was especially annoying as I had spent a lot of time preparing for the case study and not taking it could have hurt my chances. 2 days later I followed up with recruiter and she told me they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Question – combination of behavioral/technical/salesforce related   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!