Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.3

Gas Station Attendant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied in the store on the kiosk as these applications have priority over the online applicants. i was called back a week after i applied and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the time, the front end manager and the front end lead supervisor. Both asked general questions like "tell me a bout a time you had to deal with a difficult situation or member."
    Both interviews combined probably lasted about 45 minutes. I think it was a few days before i got a call back asking to do a drug test. I went in and they sent me to one just a few minutes down the street. I was also offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • they asked something along the lines of " tell me about a time when you had a diffucult or unsatisfied customer or situation and how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question
    when i went in for the job offer they had me read my job duties and either accept or decline. then they said they would start me off at $10 which i didn't ask for more at the time because it was more then my previous job. I accepted the position

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

There was no negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour because I had over five years of stock experience and then they offered me a completely different position totally unrelated to the one I desired. When I later asked about this, the interviewing manager lied and said he had no recollection of the interview, adding a few seconds later that he was being pressured by his boss to fill a position that was totally unrelated to that for which I was interviewed.

Bakery Packager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2010.

Applied online on the little computer by the front desk.went through 3 different interviews first supervisor is your direct future supervisor and then a random supervisor and lastly the GM. Questions included all of the "by the book qiestions" that you learn in school.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you made a decision while taking others opinions into account to benefit the whole group.   Answer Question
    No negotiation it was my 2nd job of all time.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

The interview was relatively straight forward. Am assessment was given online after submitting an application, asking what would you do and what means the most to you questions. It is a huge plus to have a referral from someone who works their on your application, as those are apparently what they the most attention for.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just knowing what to do in a team oriented customer service surrounding.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $9.40 an hour.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fishkill, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2014.

I applied online then got a phone call a few weeks later to setup a interview and so I did and went to my interview and my interview was with one of the managers right in the middle of the store

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job   View Answer

I already had gotten a job offer with another company

Meat Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2012.

Applied online and I was contacted within days to interview. had interview with a shift leader that lasted 10 minutes and then manager which lasted 20. I then was told to go offsite to submit to a drug test. All this happened in the same day and I was given an offer later that week after the drug test came back clean. All in all a very simple process.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a weakness into a strength during a trying time?   Answer Question
    no negotiating. just a set salary

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I had 2 interviews one with front end manager, and cos. they asked the typical questions. some questions were worded like the assessment test on the application. the interview can be a little confusing the way the word some to the questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2012.

Called within two weeks to set up in person interview. Interview lasted an hour with two people interviewing me. At the end of the interview they offered the position if I could pass a background check and drug test, was working (training) less thar two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Very common and simple interview questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Checkout Supervisor, COS Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

They ask you basically about previous experiances with retail situations i had had at other jobs, then about possible situations i may encounter at sams. Followed by common sences questions about what if senarios to get a feel for how i would act as a cashier. I start off as a cashier then moved on to a supervisor when i transfered to another sam's club over a year later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a upset member were to yell at you?   View Answer
    You will get $9.40 starting as a cashier but its easy to move up. heres a form for a drug test "IF" you pass welcome to the club!

Member Service Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Interviewed twice. First interview was pretty general questions followed by the same in the second interview. accepted position and then told will be called back to set up drug screening and background check. The total process should take about a week. Workplace had an upbeat fast paced attitude. Like the fact that you don't wear a uniform. Management was very professional and the store was very clean. There is plenty of room for advancement..

Interview Questions

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!