Sandvine Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was not a pleasant experience. Better to check if they can offer you as per your expectation and then go for interview otherwise they can reject you with any junk reason.Its not a great company either.

Interview Questions

• Write a program for pairwise swapping for linked list. Normal and recursive both   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sandvine in February 2015.

Interview

Simply embarrassing for Sandvine. I reached out to the HR person who posted an opportunity on Linkedin she got back me pretty quickly to set up a first interview a couple of days later. When the time arrived, no one called. I emailed the HR person, who emailed me back much later the same day explaining she had been detained in meetings. She asked if we could reschedule - I agreed. I provided a few times I was available over the next few days and didn't hear from the HR person again until after all of those suggested times had passed. When she emailed me again, she apologized once more and asked for new possible times to chat. I again provided a few options - and the same thing happened again; no response until all of the possible times had lapsed. When the HR person emailed me again (once more apologizing and asking me for times to discuss the role), I responded by asking her to suggest a few times to me. I never got a response. Truly amateur experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer has to actually show up for the interview to be able to share questions.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people in 5 interviews, all phone based, very professional, to the point and we spoke about background benefits and business examples. Also, personal experience and future ways to solve challenges.

Interview Questions

• Business, market and technical knowledge of my role. Also we discussed about some examples.   1 Answer

Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward. I received a message from the HR Partner and the next day we had a pre-screening Skype call (position was abroad). Very nice interview, I was asked about my experience and willingness to move to a new Company/Position. Interview took around 30 minutes.
    As soon as she identified me as a candidate, she setup an interview with the hiring manager and the person currently in the open position. In less than a week I had three interviews with them and I received an offer.
    We have multiple back and forth messages related to the offer. I received very quick and precise answers to all my questions from the HR department and the hiring manager. I accepted the position.
    All the hiring process took around 3 weeks, less than any other hiring process I have been involved.

Interview Questions

• As I didn't have previous experience as Alliance Manager, they asked me about why I was a good candidate for this role   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

I was contacted within 1 day of sending my CV to Sandvine and we arranged for a telephone 'pre-interview' 2 days following.

The pre-interview with HR was very comfortable and relaxed. The HR person was friendly and very easy to talk to. The call appeared to go very well and when I was asked about my availability to have a second interview within the next 2 days, I was very confident in their interest.

The call to confirm the next interview never came. I waited a week and then dropped an email asking for an update but received no response. I waited another 5 days to send another email and it too was ignored.

Following such a friendly and, what I thought to be a positive interview, I am disappointed in the lack of respect to return an email - even to say that there is no interest.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Its a one hour interview process went on for 2 rounds.

First one on the products what I worked on & the second was on Scripting which is related on Scripting

Finally HR round on the Salary negotiation

Overall it completed in 1.5 hour

Interview Questions

• They have asked about my experience on various products & asked to explain the product in deep & various message level transactions & some scripting (TCL) related   1 Answer

QA Engineer - Fresher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

Written Test , 3rounds of technical interview and 1 HR round
    Written test had questions from the networking side and programming
    1st round - Focus on resume and basic programming questions like sorting and some puzzles
    2nd round - General technical discussions on how a network behaves , a cell phone works
    3rd round - Technical questions on networking. Was more focused on L2 and L3

Interview Questions

• Programming Questions asked in the written test were from SQL   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine in October 2014.

Interview

2 technical rounds , 1 director round and an HR round

Hiring process is very smooth.Very good HRs.

1st round : Questions related to hash map (data strucutres & algorithms)
    2nd round: They check your knowledge of previously done projects.Networking concepts,OS concepts and coding questions (snippets)
    3rd round: Some technical ( they asked me, not always ) and brain teasers.
    4th round:HR round - discussion of compensation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Sandvine in August 2014.

Interview

Through college placement cell. Total 3 rounds . 1 written test. 2 Techincal. First round questions were from DSA. Some linked list questions. Basic network and OS. Asked me to explain the complete path a packet follow in the network topology before it reaches the destination. I os about semaphores.

Interview Questions

• Design a memory management algo where the user will allocate memory with in 80-700. Total fragmentation should me minimum.   Answer Question

Interview

Some questions were asked on C++ and Java.

Write pgm Jolly jumper
    Singleton class
     Q: What is Singleton class?

A: Singleton class control object creation, limiting the number to one but allowing the flexibility to create more objects if the situation changes.
    Q: What do you mean by Constructor?

A: Constructor gets invoked when a new object is created. Every class has a constructor. If we do not explicitly write a constructor for a class the java compiler builds a default constructor for that class.
    Q: List the three steps for creating an Object for a class?

A: An Object is first declared, then instantiated and then it is initialized.
    Q: What is the default value of byte datatype in Java?

A: Default value of byte datatype is 0.

, The interviewer was tring to show off his knowledge.I didnt accepted offer this is a hire and fire company