Save the Children Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 16, 2014
Updated Mar 16, 2014
10 interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2013.

There were two telephone interviews. The first was an initial screening with the department assistant. The second was with the hiring manager. Both were straightforward. I was asked to describe my relevant experience and how I could contribute to the team. I prepared by reading relevant Save the Children publications.

Interview Questions
    • What advice can you offer us for improving our organization?   View Answer

Advisor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Save the Children.

Initial communications were clear via email and phone. The process can be longer as people travel within the company.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Save the Children.

The phone interview was set up via e-mail by and HR person how confirmed that she would initiate the call. Questions were general and then relied on the the position description.

The in person (1:1) interview was set up by one of the project team members.

The 1:1 interview was strange and somewhat unprofessional. The Interviewer was pleasant but seemed unprepared and inexperienced. For example, the interviewer had not previously reviewed my resume and left me in the interview room to get a drink. There were few questions about my work experience or technical skills. Interviewer asked personal questions and spoke more if his/her own experience and then basically insulted everyone who didn't work in her specific field.

Interview Questions
    • Have you spoken to your family about this position?   View Answer

Foold Security and Livelihoods Community Mobilization Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Save the Children in September 2010.

Save the Children conducted test to short list the candidates for interviews. After that shortlisted candidates were called for interviews. A panel of six persons including HR, Program, Child Protection conducted interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When the child rights ordnance passed in Pakistan   View Answer
    I only negotiated on salary............and posting place

Distribution/Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rājanpur, Punjab (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Rājanpur, Punjab (Pakistan)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Save the Children in October 2011.

What is Distribution procedure?
    How to request the commodities for distribution?
    how to manage if any problem occurred at distribution point?
    What is SRF?
    What is Outlet Report?

Interview Questions
    • what will your first action if quarrel occurred in the community?   View Answer

Documentation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2012.

2 interviews i have gave.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Save the Children in June 2011.

First round of Telephonic Interview, if get shortlisted you would be called in for a 1:1 Interview round. Final round of Interview would be conducted to finalize the salary part. After all the discussions you would be asked to submit your previous employment documents and references if all is clear you will be contact to confirm the Date Of Joining.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2010.

After first being contacted for an interview, and finally going in for an interview, the hiring manager never contacted me to let me know that they had chosen another candidate. Save the Children is a very reputable organization, however this was not a good example of professionalism from one of their employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment?   View Answer

Communications Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Save the Children in August 2009.

It was a phone interview followed by a one on one. It was very competitive and I think most candidates were hugely overqualified for the position.

Desktop Support Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Save the Children in March 2008.

The first interview was a brief interview with H.R. for screening purposes. The second interview was a few days later with the IT manager and a couple folks from the team. I was asked the usual desktop support questions and it went very well. I was invited back for a third interview witht the IT director a few days after that. This interview consisted more of the "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions. This also went very well. Here is my gripe... I was never notified. I waited two weeks or so and finally emailed the IT manager. He replied that they found someone that better fit the position. OK, great, but don't leave people hanging like that. Very annoying because it's not easy getting to these interviews (mid day mind you so I have to take time from work) and they don't have the courtesy to call or even email you? After 3 interviews?

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example where you were not able to solve a problem and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Worked for Save the Children? Contribute to the Community!