Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

403 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Adelaide
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interviewed and recruited in Australia. Two rounds of interview. 1 Round was face to face HR interview, 2nd interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions
Place and segment of assignment

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

I applied online and within 2 weeks I got a mail from the HR people saying that they are interested in my application. Within a week from that I got called to a 1:1 interview with HR representatives. The questions were behavioural, but they asked me around 15 to 20 questions. I have my second round interview with the operations manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think a typical day of work at Schlumberger would be?   Answer Question
    • How do you thinking your working environment would be at Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

First was the CV shortlisting; 50 selected out of 350. Next was the group discussion round. Topics ranged from Right vs Left to the mathematical symbol pie. Your 'out-of-box' thinking was checked. Half of the people got selected for the group case-study round, which was very simple. Just co-ordinate properly in the group and don't be dominating. They check for team-work skills. And then finally 10 got selected for the final interview. Interview lasted for an average of 20 minutes. They had asked all the final interview selected candidates to prepare an SOP . Be prepared for the projects mentioned in your CV. Technical projects have an added advantage but make sure you are well prepared. They can ask you in-depth questions on it.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

2 day process in Paris, France. First day consisted of aptitude tests, which were not very difficult and then afterwards a 30 minute interview, which was very relaxed. During the interview one had to assembly a part, which was not bad as long as one does not get to nervous.

Second day consisted of a 5 minute powerpoint presentation about oneself and afterwards some group tasks, which were all quite fun.

All in all a very good experience

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, either you accept or reject.

Field Engineer Interview

The hiring process assessed your group dynamics and leadership skills. Technical knowledge does not carry any significance. Three rounds before interview:

1. Resume Shortlisting

2. GD
    Topic :
    1. Engineers vs Managers
    2. Women are better engineers

3. Group Activity

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you drown with your manager and have only one life saving jacket   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I had experienced four steps until I got my offer. First, on the career fair, introduce yourself and hand on the resume. Second, you are asked to accomplish a paper test. Then you will have the group interview. At last, a group task

Field Engineer Interview

The first round interview was a 30 mins one via phone with the recruiting manager. The 2nd round one was a group interview with a panel of interviewers with about 10 interviewees. It involved self presentation to a group in English. and a few games like building an offshore rig with paper or group games to gauge influence making power etc.

Field Engineer Interview

The interview was a weekend long process. A group of about 20 interviewees were flown out for the weekend. We were split up into five groups ahead of time and told to create a presentation based on the topic they assigned us. When we first arrived we spent the entire afternoon and evening giving presentations, being asked questions, and then being given the same presentation from the Schlumberger perspective. We were kept up until about 2:30 am and then we were told we needed to be ready to catch the bus to visit a job site at 7:30 am. After the job site tour we were given a presentation on the job benefits package and then we all had individual exit interviews. The entire weekend was extremely informative.

Interview Questions
    • We were split up and asked to assemble a catapult from pencils, rubberbands, and a plastic spoon.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

It started with a Group Discussion - Your plane has crashed, list of items available to you, in a group select top 3 items you will carry. This was followed by a general Personal Interview for shortlisted candidates

No negotiation

Field Engineer Interview

The selection process consisted of a group discussion round followed by group activity round and finally HR interview.
    Group discussion round was easy with topics like LEFT OR RIGHT, BRAIN VS MUSCLE etc
    Group activity round was about making an OIL RIG out of the things they provide us and sell it.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!