Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

414 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

I applied online and within 2 weeks I got a mail from the HR people saying that they are interested in my application. Within a week from that I got called to a 1:1 interview with HR representatives. The questions were behavioural, but they asked me around 15 to 20 questions. I have my second round interview with the operations manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think a typical day of work at Schlumberger would be?   Answer Question
  • How do you thinking your working environment would be at Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interviewed and recruited in Australia. Two rounds of interview. 1 Round was face to face HR interview, 2nd interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions
    Place and segment of assignment

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

After I got a on campus interview, I had a second interview at TX. I had a presentation about their production with a group. They ask about technical questions about their products. Furthermore, we visited on hydro fracturing site at 8:00 am and move to wire line site until 5:00pm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how you'd deal with the lifestyle of a field engineer - long hours, remote locations, etc   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The 1st interview at my university's career fair was standard and did not get very technical. The 2nd interview, however, was designed to make new hires realize that the working hours will be difficult and that if you like being in touch with your family, this isn't the job for you. There are lots of hands-on team building exercises and minimal sleep over the 2.5 days.

Interview Questions
    • Collaborating with the other interviewees to come up with a presentation on one of the segments.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The process started with talking to recruiters at my university career fair, and I was invited to an on-campus interview one week after. The on-campus interview consisted of pretty standard behavioral questions. After passing the 1:1 interview, I was invited to an on-site, three-day interview that consisted of a group presentation, team problem solving challenges, facility and site tours, and a 1:1 exit interview. They try to see how well you respond to unfamiliar situations and challenges, as well as to see if you can function on as little sleep as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you failed at a project and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Started with an on-campus interview where most questions were basic character questions you'd encounter at any interview. They did through one problem solving question out at me though. This is for the field so make sure you seem eager about getting your hands dirty and that you recognize that working for this company is a completely different lifestyle.

The second interview is where they fly you out with a group of other field engineer prospects. They give you a ton of information about the different segments in the company. You give a group presentation over one of them. You get to go out to a rig and see the equipment. The exit interview at the end is only 10/15 min and they basically just want to know which segment you want to work for and why.

Interview Questions
    • Say you have a beaker of 8 ml that is full of water, and a 3 ml and 5 ml beaker that are empty. There are no measurement markings on any of the beakers. How would you measure out exactly 4 ml of water in the 8 ml beaker?   View Answers (2)

Field Engineer Interview

Went to my school career fair and talked to Schlumberger. After that, they scheduled me an on campus interview. The interview was short and did not consist of any behavioral questions like I expected. They just went over my resume and asked me if I had any questions.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Sent off CV and got a response within a week; invited to Assessment Centre.

The assessment day was quite typical; presentation, logic tests (do revision on different types of psychometric logic tests) group exercise and one-on-one interview.
    Nothing extremely difficult..

However, quite a bad HR department. Some people from the interview didn't hear back about negative results until they personally called the department after almost 2 months. It seems most of the positions were already filled while we interviewed the assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a practical assignment.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

First was the CV shortlisting; 50 selected out of 350. Next was the group discussion round. Topics ranged from Right vs Left to the mathematical symbol pie. Your 'out-of-box' thinking was checked. Half of the people got selected for the group case-study round, which was very simple. Just co-ordinate properly in the group and don't be dominating. They check for team-work skills. And then finally 10 got selected for the final interview. Interview lasted for an average of 20 minutes. They had asked all the final interview selected candidates to prepare an SOP . Be prepared for the projects mentioned in your CV. Technical projects have an added advantage but make sure you are well prepared. They can ask you in-depth questions on it.

Field Engineer Interview

The hiring process assessed your group dynamics and leadership skills. Technical knowledge does not carry any significance. Three rounds before interview:

1. Resume Shortlisting

2. GD
    Topic :
    1. Engineers vs Managers
    2. Women are better engineers

3. Group Activity

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you drown with your manager and have only one life saving jacket   Answer Question