Schlumberger

Getting the Interview

380 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adelaide

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interview Details Interviewed and recruited in Australia. Two rounds of interview. 1 Round was face to face HR interview, 2nd interview was a group interview.

Interview Question – Presentation to group about self   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Place and segment of assignment

Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

Interview Details I applied online and within 2 weeks I got a mail from the HR people saying that they are interested in my application. Within a week from that I got called to a 1:1 interview with HR representatives. The questions were behavioural, but they asked me around 15 to 20 questions. I have my second round interview with the operations manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How do you think a typical day of work at Schlumberger would be?   Answer Question
  • How do you thinking your working environment would be at Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview involved a lot of questions about my resume. Specifically they keyed in on things that fit with their company. Furthermore, they gave some time to ask them questions about their company but overall it was more of them feeling out for the type of person I was.

Interview Question – Explain why you wanted to go into engineering over medicine?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details Brief on campus screening with basic technical interview followed by group interview on site. We were kept up very late and awoken very early in the morning for the oilfield tour. The onsite interview had a brief one on one interview at the end.

Interview Question – If your boyfriend was in town for your anniversary and you wouldn't see him again for months, but you had a shift on that day what would you do?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Interviewed during the Field Camp. They showed you all the segments and then asked you to list your favorites. Behavioral questions mainly.

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details I found slb during campus career fair. Talked to them and they scheduled a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask me the old goody questions (tell us about yourself, why slb, your weakness, ...). At the end they ask me (how many people go in and out of the JFK airport everyday). Remember, they are not looking for the right answer, they just want to know your thinking processes. After that, I waited about 4 weeks, then they sent me an email saying that they want me for s second face-to-face interview. In the second interview,they were 4 people and they ask the same questions, one asked me what would I do if I win the lottery today. They were very friendly, but it was very stressful.

Interview Question – How many people go in and out of the JFK airport everyday?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details I had a first interview on campus during which I was asked typical behavioral interview questions like dealing with difficult co-workers and why I wanted to work for Schlumberger.

The next day I was informed that I had passed the first interview and that I would be invited to a second interview in Texas about a month later. About a week before the second interview, I received further information about the interview, including being assigned a topic and a team with whom I would prepare a 5-6 minute presentation on the specified topic. The interview would be a group interview with a little over twenty candidates.

The second interview started with an early flight to Texas, getting into a hotel in the early afternoon. The group interview started at 5pm. It started with everyone introducing themselves, and then the recruiters provided some general information about the company. After dinner, we started to go over the different segments of Schlumberger and the different job opportunities. Each team would give a presentation about the segment they were assigned to research, after which they were asked more detailed questions by the recruiters. The group interview was over at 2:30am.

At 7:00 am, we had breakfast in the hotel and went on a field visit to several Schlumberger field operations. His was very informative and interesting, but it was certainly a test of endurance to stay alert and engaged for the whole day.

During both the first and second days, the recruiters were taking notes on everything.

At 4:30 pm we arrived back at the hotel, and were given a time slot between 6pm and 8:30 pm during which we would have a one-on-one exit interview. During this interview with a recruiter I indicated my preferred segments and locations, and had the opportunity to ask any questions I had for the recruiter.

At 9 pm we went to dinner as a group with the recruiters and several Schlumberger engineers we had met during the day in the field. Upon return to the hotel around midnight we were released. My flight home left the next morning.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were technical questions about the assigned topic after the presentation. I spent many hours researching my topic and was able to answer the questions satisfactorily, but there were other groups that struggled with some of the questions.   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2011.

Interview Details Phone Interview. Talked about resume. Group interview and oil field exposure. Presented on company segments and did group problem solving (tried to build a catapult out of ordinary everyday items.) Exit interview (very brief, already had the job by that point.)

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All questions were just to explain previous experience.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details The first interview was simple and actually kind of boring, because the interviewer wasn't very prepared. Then I was asked to fly to a field site to interview with a bunch of other candidates for two nights.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Prepare for the presentation by reading a lot about the subject material. It shows.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details group interview comprising 10 to 15 person. Each individual to give brief presentation on 3 pros & 3 cons of themselves. Then a team assignment will be given out and you will be evaluated on your contributions. Finally, names of shortlisted candidates will be read out and the failed ones will be shown the exit door without any reasons.

Reason for Declining – i was not prepared for rotational field based positions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger Field Engineer interview questions and advice. All 380 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees and interview candidates.