Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

398 interviews

398 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Adelaide
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interviewed and recruited in Australia. Two rounds of interview. 1 Round was face to face HR interview, 2nd interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions
Place and segment of assignment

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

I applied online and within 2 weeks I got a mail from the HR people saying that they are interested in my application. Within a week from that I got called to a 1:1 interview with HR representatives. The questions were behavioural, but they asked me around 15 to 20 questions. I have my second round interview with the operations manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think a typical day of work at Schlumberger would be?   Answer Question
    • How do you thinking your working environment would be at Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

The interview was a weekend long process. A group of about 20 interviewees were flown out for the weekend. We were split up into five groups ahead of time and told to create a presentation based on the topic they assigned us. When we first arrived we spent the entire afternoon and evening giving presentations, being asked questions, and then being given the same presentation from the Schlumberger perspective. We were kept up until about 2:30 am and then we were told we needed to be ready to catch the bus to visit a job site at 7:30 am. After the job site tour we were given a presentation on the job benefits package and then we all had individual exit interviews. The entire weekend was extremely informative.

Interview Questions
    • We were split up and asked to assemble a catapult from pencils, rubberbands, and a plastic spoon.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

It started with a Group Discussion - Your plane has crashed, list of items available to you, in a group select top 3 items you will carry. This was followed by a general Personal Interview for shortlisted candidates

No negotiation

Field Engineer Interview

The selection process consisted of a group discussion round followed by group activity round and finally HR interview.
    Group discussion round was easy with topics like LEFT OR RIGHT, BRAIN VS MUSCLE etc
    Group activity round was about making an OIL RIG out of the things they provide us and sell it.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

The whole interview was over the course of 2 days. I arrived at 5pm and we started out be giving introductions. Then we went right into teams giving their presentations on their assigned segment. This went on until about 2am on the first night. Next day we woke up at 7am and went to a well site and to a facility. After that, we had exit interviews, then went out for dinner.

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

Everything is a test, be ready to stay awake for 24 out of 30 hours. take naps when you can, but never around the interviewers or anyone who currently works for them, be very interested and involved otherwise they don't see you as a good "fit"

on the same note, if it does not seem like a good fit - DON'T TAKE THE JOB, there are many other jobs with more forgiving hours and better work/life balances

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2014.

CV selection followed by Group discussion on two topics (time limit = 5 minutes). After GD group activity or case study such as analyzing a situation and answering the Qns.

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Had an initial interview on campus. The interview was about twenty minutes long. The second interview was in Oklahoma City. It consisted of making a pre-prepared presentation with a group of students, as well as group exercises. Also, there were two field visits that consisted of speaking with current employees of the company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some fairly technical questions about the topic that your presentation was about.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tuscaloosa, AL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

I learned about Schlumberger at my campus career fair. Their recruiters were very laid back and approachable. A seminar like meeting was set up with all accepted interviewers where they gave an overview of the company and employment process On campus interviews were short, if accepted you were sent to a 3 day intense interview process a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe a time I didn't agree with the majority of a group and how I handled the situation. It caught me off guard during the interview, but I liked that they didn't stick to the generic interview process.   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!