Schlumberger

Average Difficulty
390 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adelaide

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interview Details Interviewed and recruited in Australia. Two rounds of interview. 1 Round was face to face HR interview, 2nd interview was a group interview.

Interview Question – Presentation to group about self   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Place and segment of assignment

Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

Interview Details I applied online and within 2 weeks I got a mail from the HR people saying that they are interested in my application. Within a week from that I got called to a 1:1 interview with HR representatives. The questions were behavioural, but they asked me around 15 to 20 questions. I have my second round interview with the operations manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How do you think a typical day of work at Schlumberger would be?   Answer Question
  • How do you thinking your working environment would be at Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details You must emphasize your willingness to sacrifice personal life. They recruit large numbers of new graduates because they are very aware that their retention rate is extremely low.

Interview Question – Company tries to trick you into admitting you are not as flexible and self-sacrificing as you appear to be.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

I attend a group 2 days assessment. The first day was for company presentation, 3 aptitude test (logical,mathematics and mechanical tests). The second day started with personal presentation of each candidate ( weakness are really important, be carefull), then two group exercises and face to face interview. During the interview, you have to assembly a valve in 5 minutes watching the technical draw.

Interview Question – The most difficult situation in your life.   Answer Question

Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

Interview Details I Applied online, 2 weeks later I got an email inviting me to attend an aptitude test center ranging from numerical, mechanical, basic electricity, abstract reasoning and mathematics questions. Few days after, I got an email for interview and a week after the interview, I got the offer.

Interview Question – Why does the oil industry need you? What do you have to offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Milan (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and got a called in June 2013. Could not attend the interview, but they called me again this year. I attend a group assessment. The first day was split in three parts: company presentation, 3 aptitude test and half of the people made 1:1 interview. The aptitude test were Abstract Reasoning, Mechanical Reasoning and Numerical Reasoning. I suggest to review all basic formula from math (volume, area, abbreviated formula, derivates, factorial numbers), physics (ohms law, speed, density, forces) and mechanics (springs, gears, equilibrium situation) plus all the conversion units. The second day started with personal presentation of each candidate ( be careful to express good the weakness that can affect your work), then two group exercises ( one with the importance of some objects when u are in the middle of the sea and the other one to build a paper bridge 1m heigh and 80cm large with 20 paper sheets and scotch), then the 1:1 interview with the rest of the candidates. During the interview, you have to assembly a valve in 5 minutes watching the technical draw.

The whole experience was really nice, the atmosphere was relaxed and I am really happy I attend it.

The results are coming in one month, so I still must wait for the answer ...

Interview Question – Everything was in the normal range of difficulty, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Interview Details Pretty easy standard interview questions on campus. Definitely get an on-campus interview if you want to proceed. Talk about your resume, be interested, etc. Flew out to OKC for the onsite interview. Keep you up really late for the weekend interview. Wake up really early. Make presentations in teams about drilling. Be a team player, that's what they like to see. Go to site and ask questions. Be engaged. If you are in good standing, and do all of that, they will pick you. Try to apply to positions that actually interest you. Easier to talk about.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really. Most unexpected: If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the lifestyle for me after seeing the site.

Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

Interview Details Was asked to prepare a presentation which included
- 3 positive personal attributes
- 3 negative personal attributes
- 3 reasons why I would like to for this company

The recruitment was fairly casual. The applicants were made to sit a personality test, a logic test, a physical test. The applicants were then divided into two teams to perform the famous "build a bridge" challenge where they need to use nothing but A4 papers and some duct tape (the bridge needs to stand by itself and has to be 0.5 m tall and wide). The strangest part was that each applicant was individually given an unbuilt regulator component with the diagram.

Interview Question – I can't think of anything that was difficult. The unexpected thing was that during the bridge challenge, the recruiter kept taking away papers and changing the deadline time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much to negotiate. They offered a great package.

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

Interview Details Straight forward, they want team players who ask questions so make sure you try to stand out as someone with interest in the company. Read about them, learn about them.

Interview Question – McGuyver something   Answer Question

Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details Breeze! Applied through campus recruitment. This is the best and easiest route. Initial interview on campus and about 3 weeks later, I was invited to Bakersfield, Ca. I would advise to be yourself but not annoying. Pay attention, seem knowledgeable but be a sponge.

Interview Question – How would I handle uncooperative operators?   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!