Schlumberger

2.9

430 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

I applied online and within 2 weeks I got a mail from the HR people saying that they are interested in my application. Within a week from that I got called to a 1:1 interview with HR representatives. The questions were behavioural, but they asked me around 15 to 20 questions. I have my second round interview with the operations manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think a typical day of work at Schlumberger would be?   Answer Question
  • How do you thinking your working environment would be at Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interviewed and recruited in Australia. Two rounds of interview. 1 Round was face to face HR interview, 2nd interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions
    Place and segment of assignment

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The interview was long and exhausting. But, it was very informative and the whole event felt very personal. I enjoyed the process. The presentations also helped me decide which part of company I feel as though I would have been a good fit for.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't necessarily ask how I would act, they saw through team building activities.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Met at Career Fair on campus and interviewed on campus within a few days. On-campus interview was standard behavioral questions. A few weeks later they flew me out to Midland, TX for an on site interview with about 20 other candidates. There's a long day of powerpoint presentations and some group problem solving exercises they have you go through. Then they take you out to an active site and give you a tour. Interesting and fun experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you ran into a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

I applied through my university. The process took a total of 3 months.
    I went to the info session at my university in early September and gave the recruiter my resume, although I was informed all interview spots were filled. Late that night, I received a call from the recruiter saying a spot had opened up for an interview, and it was mine if I wanted it. Naturally, I accepted.
    The first interview was wonderful. I had had the worst interview of my life two days prior with halliburton. I'm a female petroleum engineer and halliburton interviewed me with a male electrical engineer. The difference in Schlumberger was incredible. I was interviewed by a female petroleum engineer, and I honestly felt like I was sitting down for coffee with a friend. We laughed, we told stories--standard interview questions were asked, but it barely felt like an interview.
    About three weeks later, I received an invitation for a second interview in Midland, TX, which I scheduled to take place at the end of November. Less than a week before the interview, I received an email with a petroleum topic and a list of my group members and their contact information for a presentation on that topic. They flew me out and put me up in a hotel room (unfortunately, I had a roommate, but some people didn't). There were about 20 of us there, and the first night was a little rough.
    We began with introductions, ice breakers, and so on, before finally breaking for dinner at 8 PM (I had only eaten a small bag of airline pretzels, and all the restaurants in Texas are closed on Sunday). After dinner, we continued presentations until 10, when we were about halfway through, and broke again for a team building exercise. We were asked to build a device using pencils, plastic cutlery, duct tape, and rubber bands that would get a ping pong ball in a plastic cup 5 feet above the ground.
    After the group building excercise, we finished presentations a little after midnight (there was coffee in the room, so be sure you drink a lot if you're not a night owl).
    The next morning was early; we were expected to be on the bus in full PPE by 8 AM. The site we were visiting was only a half hour from the hotel, but we got turned around several times, so it took 2 hours to get there. If you get car sick easily, bring some dramamine. I don't ever get car sick, but these were dirt roads with huge ruts that made the bus vibrate and shake non stop until I was sick.
    After visiting this site, we got lunch at a little chinese buffet and then headed over to a wireline facility in town to tour. At about 3, we headed back to the hotel and went straight back to the conference room where they asked us to reintroduce ourselves, say if we still wanted to work for Schlumberger, and if so, which area of Schlumberger.
    This part was tricky. The recruiters asked technical questions about the sections each person chose, and many people had trouble answering them. Be sure you actually know what's involved in the section you're choosing, because the recruiters are going to ask some tough questions.
    At about 5, we broke for individual interviews, ranging from 5:30 -7:30. Mine just consisted of the recruiter asking what I wanted to do and where and why. It was only a quick 10 minute interview.
    At 8, we left for dinner and ate at a nice steakhouse. Schlumberger invited people we'd met at the sites that day and we all ate and drank and got to ask the other employees questions. It was wonderful. We stayed at the restaurant until about 11, and when we returned to the hotel, the recruiters told us that they looked forward to seeing some of us in the company, but that not all of us would be hired. My flight back home the next morning was at 5:30 and my shuttle left at 4:30, so I got about an hour of sleep that night.
    8 days after I left Texas, I received a job offer in my first choice of area and location.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard behavioral questions in the first interview.
      The 2nd interview had technical questions on the area you decide you want to work in, so study up and know as much as you can about the topic you're given to present on (which you will also be asked technical questions on) and the area in which you're choosing to work.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. They give an offer, and you accept or you don't.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Group discussion on some random absurd topic. then followed by a group activity. Students mostly of good physical strength are taken. Be active during group discussion. Even dominating is also fine during GD

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Brought a group of us to a district office and proceeded to keep us awake all night to see if we could handle long hours. Personality tests, team building etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can stay awake for long periods of time and remain standing for that time.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

First interview was on campus. Second interview they flew me out to Bakersfield CA where we did group activities and presentations until about 3am. Then we woke up and had a field trip as well as exit interviews one on one. I am currently awaiting an offer, and its been 1 1/2 weeks.

Field Engineer Interview

Called for an on-campus interview after the career fair. First-round interview as basic questions about behavior and how you work in teams. They never got back to me for a second-round, so i assume it went nowhere. Overall the interview was pretty easy and only around 20 minutes long. They were friendly and were interested in you.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

It was a pretty standard procedure. They asked about things on your resume and if you can handle long working hours. There were two interviewers and both were very nice. One of the interviewer did most of the asking, while the other would just take notes

Interview Questions
    • Do you work well in groups after having very little sleep?   Answer Question