Schwan's

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details I applied online and took 3+ weeks to get a phone interview email.
The phone interview was mainly about behavior questions and experiences that I had.

Interview Question – Could you tell me one of tasks which was beyond your exceptions?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details Applied through internships.com. Contacted by HR in about two days. Set up phone interview, she asked typical behavioral questions. It lasted about 10-15 minutes at most. She sent me over to regional manager. He called and we set up a face-to-face interview in Richardson. The interview with him was very laid back, he may have asked one or two behavioral based questions, and the rest was more like a conversation. He called in about a week stating I was hired.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview questions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being an intern there really was no negotiation, it was pretty much set in stone at $15/hr.

Recruitment Administrative Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details I was asked for a step one phone interview with Schwan's in October 2013. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and seemed to be more of a "we're trying to get to know you to bring you in." The interviewer was a recruiter based out of the Twin Cities for a job in Marshall, MN. While I initially thought that this was odd, it made sense that an "outside" interview would be necessary for an onsite interview for an HR position. The recruiter was friendly and answered many of my questions about the position and was very upfront about the needs and requirements of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – Do you often deliver bad news and if so, how?   View Answer

Schwans RSR Interview

Schwans RSR

Interviewed at Schwan's

Interview Details Not difficult, just makes sure your able to interact well enough with people to sell them a great product. You do have to do a ride day without pay to see if its for you and after that you'll know.

Interview Question – Was asked to sell him a pen.   View Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schwan's in April 2012.

Interview Details Phone Screening w/ recruiter, Phone Interview w/ Mfg Mgr., In person interview with Mfg Mgr, Maint. Mgr, QUality Mgr, and Production Supervisor.

Interview Question – None. Typical Questions. Run through your resume, speak of previous experience and companies, also asked to communicate what could I bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – willing to negotiate a little on the compensation side and also on the vacation amount

Very Easy Interview

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2013.

Interview Details Friendly, not thorough at all. Easy to get the job because of the turnaround. The talking interview lasted a total of about 5 minutes. I think they just wanted to take anyone who didn't have scars on their face. It was very easy to pass the interview and move on to the drug test.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses? Simple interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in February 2009.

Interview Details Corp enviroment, depending on the position, can be as many as 3 interviews or just come in the door and apply. hiring managers are normally pretty good with some details of the job, but leave some important things out.

Interview Question – Capital spending   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Mh III Interview

Dansville, NY (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details When I interviewed I didn't even meet the TSL, (Manager) until the third year of employment. Simple and painless.

Negotiation Details – Run as fast as you can when they call!!!

CSM Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details Submitted resume. Phone call for interview. Performed a ride-along. Received offer.

Interview Question – None. It's a simple interview with simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Route Sales Representative, Schwans
Mount Pleasant, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in March 2013.

Interview Details Interview seemed to go very well lasted 2 hours with the depot manager in Mt. Pleasant MI. left with good feeling at the time pretty standard interview nothing very difficult to answer. The only negative was the depot manager kept trying to get us to come back as customers and knew our purchasing history from Schwans.

Interview Question – Why did we leave Schwans as customers?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schwan's

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schwan's interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Schwan's employees and interview candidates.