Schwan's

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schwan's in December 2013.

Interview Details You are brought into the office. You meet with the hiring director and then two co-workers. They as you normal interview questions about your experiences. You get a chance to get a feel for the team and see how you might fit. They are very strict on where you went to school if you don't have the experience.

Interview Question – Excel Questions   Answer Question

Territory Sales Leader Interview

Territory Sales Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in February 2010.

Interview Details Will first be screened by recruiter, then formal interview with district sales leader and followed by regional v.p. after you get hired, they do a background check as well as a drug/ dot test to make sure your fit to drive their trucks.

Interview Question – Your going to work 60 hours a week plus, you'll be expected to be on the truck 2 to 3 days a week at a minimum working with your people and that's if your staffed. You'll be expected to run the routes yourself if your not and theirs no help available from neighboring depots all along while managing 6 to 15 other route sales people along with your warehouse crew, maintaining safety, maintaining dot compliance, depot training and etc..... Tell me what a normal work week is for you and a time where you had to multi task projects and what the outcome was?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Route Sales Representative, Schwans
Glendale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in May 2014.

Interview Details The interview process is a little drawn out compared to others. You have a total of four different interviews before they will get to an offer letter. The only thing that they stress to you in the process is that this position requires a lot of hours (12-13) per day. You have no say in where you would eventually be (geographically) if you are given a route. They did not inform me that they have NO PAID HOLIDAYS until after I had already participated in a 12 hour ride along and was on my second interview. They make it appear that the pay will be good until you actually start to hear from the route person that you ride with gives you the real story.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. A long personality test.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not worth it when you factor in the amount of hours versus the pay-it is almost like only making minimum wage with no overtime pay.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Route Sales Representative, Schwans
Odessa, TX (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2010.

Interview Details Schwans was a good place to work at. A great job to make new friends. A physical was necessary. Interview process was very fair. It was a great job to help you stay in shape.

Interview Question – What I thought about working outside?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was very fair. Never be afraid to negotiate your salary.

RSR-Route Sales Representative Interview

RSR-Route Sales Representative
Ottumwa, IA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2010.

Interview Details Hiring was easy, but long. I applied online & got a phone interview the next day. A face-to-face interview followed a few days later, as well as a job shadow (spending part of a day with a current RSR on his route to see what the job is like). The actual job offer didn't come for almost two months, and was contingent upon passing both a DOT physical and an occupational health physical, plus the mandatory drug screen, background check, etc.

By the way, I don't live in Ottumwa, but I don't want to disclose where I do actually live & work for Schwan's.

Interview Question – "How much money do you want to make?"

I told him.

He said "Guys make that here."

Five years later, I still make 30% less than I made at my old job.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. It is what it is.

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Process Engineering Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details I applied online and took 3+ weeks to get a phone interview email.
The phone interview was mainly about behavior questions and experiences that I had.

Interview Question – Could you tell me one of tasks which was beyond your exceptions?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details Applied through internships.com. Contacted by HR in about two days. Set up phone interview, she asked typical behavioral questions. It lasted about 10-15 minutes at most. She sent me over to regional manager. He called and we set up a face-to-face interview in Richardson. The interview with him was very laid back, he may have asked one or two behavioral based questions, and the rest was more like a conversation. He called in about a week stating I was hired.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview questions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being an intern there really was no negotiation, it was pretty much set in stone at $15/hr.

Recruitment Administrative Interview

Recruitment Administrative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview Details I was asked for a step one phone interview with Schwan's in October 2013. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and seemed to be more of a "we're trying to get to know you to bring you in." The interviewer was a recruiter based out of the Twin Cities for a job in Marshall, MN. While I initially thought that this was odd, it made sense that an "outside" interview would be necessary for an onsite interview for an HR position. The recruiter was friendly and answered many of my questions about the position and was very upfront about the needs and requirements of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – Do you often deliver bad news and if so, how?   View Answer

Schwans RSR Interview

Schwans RSR

Interviewed at Schwan's

Interview Details Not difficult, just makes sure your able to interact well enough with people to sell them a great product. You do have to do a ride day without pay to see if its for you and after that you'll know.

Interview Question – Was asked to sell him a pen.   View Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schwan's in April 2012.

Interview Details Phone Screening w/ recruiter, Phone Interview w/ Mfg Mgr., In person interview with Mfg Mgr, Maint. Mgr, QUality Mgr, and Production Supervisor.

Interview Question – None. Typical Questions. Run through your resume, speak of previous experience and companies, also asked to communicate what could I bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – willing to negotiate a little on the compensation side and also on the vacation amount

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!